Performix SST & Whey Extreme 60 Ripped

jenjen15

jenjen15

Awards
Hey guys I'm new to the board

I wanted to ask about these two products and when to take them. Performix SST I always had 30 minutes before my workouts. However recently I added protein to my regimen added two different protein shakes one for before workouts and one for after workouts.

My question is, should I be taking both or one or the other? What are the advantages of taking the protein extreme 60 prior to a work versus the Performix SST?

Thank you for any help you can give me.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Welcome to the forums!

So, if I'm reading this correctly, you're taking a thermogenic pill (SST) and a pre and post workout protein shake. It is perfectly fine to take both of these. First off, what are your overall goals? A pre-workout shake isn't absolutely necessary, and it may diminish the effects of a thermogenic, but if you time it properly it shouldn't be an issue.

I would recommend taking the pre workout shake 45 minutes to an hour before your workout. Especially if you're doing an intense workout, you don't want a shake sitting in your stomach right when you start training. Taking the pre-workout shake at this time will also allow the SST to have a greater effect. I would suggest taking that 15-30 minutes pre. Then drink your other shake after your workout. This is just my recommendation, I'm sure other people will have different opinions.

jenjen15

jenjen15

Awards
Actually the SST I have in a drink format. So what would you recommend I don't want to get sick drinking both
My overall goals is to lose body fat and muscle up. Today I didn't take the Performix SST I just had the pre work out 30 minutes prior now I'm drinking my post workout shake and some veggies

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Actually the SST I have in a drink format. So what would you recommend I don't want to get sick drinking both
My overall goals is to lose body fat and muscle up. Today I didn't take the Performix SST I just had the pre work out 30 minutes prior now I'm drinking my post workout shake and some veggies
My suggestion would be to try taking the SST by itself, without the protein shake before your workout. Then drink a protein shake post workout. Also remember that it is very difficult to build muscle and lose fat at the same time. Fat loss requires a calorie deficit and muscle gain requires a calorie surplus. You'll have much better results if you pick one of those goals as your main focus and work on one goal at a time.

Since SST seems like a fat-burner type of supplement, I would utilize that if you are trying to lose body fat. I've never heard of or used this product, but the profile seems like it's geared toward fat loss, focus, and energy; which will be great to use before your workouts. Out of curiosity, where did you buy this stuff? Seems like an extremely overpriced product with a lengthy prop. blend profile.

jenjen15

jenjen15

Awards
I got it at GNC. Is it a bad idea to weight lift? I do more reps less weight figuring I'd tone I'm not trying build muscle really I meant more like toning up then anything else

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I haven't used sst but I would be taking your whey extreme ripped pre intra and post. Maybe just half scoop servings and then personally I would go with something like norcodrene by pes and maybe a natural anabolic to help lean out.

F

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
SST powder is a solid product.

I think it depends a little bit on what time of day you are working out. Assuming you workout later in the day I would take the SST first thing in the morning 1/2 hour before breakfast. The Wheybolic Ripped I persoanlly would take 1.5 scoops 30 to 60 minutes before your workout depending on how your stomach tolerates having it in your gut when going into a workout and 1.5 scoops post workout depending on how late in the day it is.

However, what LE said sounds reasonable too. 1 scoop pre, 1 intra, and 1 post if it doesn't upset your stomach.

jenjen15

jenjen15

Awards
Lean engineer what exactly is notcodrene and what would recommend as natural anabolic ? That sounds like a good recommended time firerescue appreciate it