Best bulk forskolin / price

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
Hey guys

Wondering what the best bulk forskolin supplement is out there. I would really love to make this stuff a staple but it is either not cost effective or is mixed in with a bunch of stims at half the dosage.

Does anyone use this as a staple? If so where do you get it from?

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys

Wondering what the best bulk forskolin supplement is out there. I would really love to make this stuff a staple but it is either not cost effective or is mixed in with a bunch of stims at half the dosage.

Does anyone use this as a staple? If so where do you get it from?
Komodo Forskolin is probably the best value on the market atm.

And yes, it is a staple for me. Can't remember the last time i've had a proper solid crap.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Go with PES Forskolin-95+. Extremely well priced forskolin product. Also contains Hemerocallis Fulva which has a synergistic effect with Forskolin to increase cAMP even greater.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Go with PES Forskolin-95+. Extremely well priced forskolin product. Also contains Hemerocallis Fulva which has a synergistic effect with Forskolin to increase cAMP even greater.
This gets my vote ;)

Nyrin

Awards
The trouble with true bulk coleus (the kind that you get in a big tub and cap or combine yourself) is that it's generally a low-purity standardization (10% or 20% are common). The "other stuff" in the plant causes some extent of GI distress for most and I believe Coop has mentioned there's even some toxicity concerns when you're taking enough low-yield extract to get the desired forskolin dosage (e.g. a full gram of 10% if you're aiming for 100mg).

F95 is hard to find in true "bulk" form (haven't yet seen a consumer-facing source), but the incremental cost increase for the higher yield extract is generally worth it even if you have to buy it in a more traditional retail form. Several others have mentioned standalone and near-standalone products with high-yield forskolin; I'd suggest looking at those first.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The trouble with true bulk coleus (the kind that you get in a big tub and cap or combine yourself) is that it's generally a low-purity standardization (10% or 20% are common). The "other stuff" in the plant causes some extent of GI distress for most and I believe Coop has mentioned there's even some toxicity concerns when you're taking enough low-yield extract to get the desired forskolin dosage (e.g. a full gram of 10% if you're aiming for 100mg).

F95 is hard to find in true "bulk" form (haven't yet seen a consumer-facing source), but the incremental cost increase for the higher yield extract is generally worth it even if you have to buy it in a more traditional retail form. Several others have mentioned standalone and near-standalone products with high-yield forskolin; I'd suggest looking at those first.
This is very good info. With me personally, even a low dose of 60% Fork and I get real bad lower GI inflamation. 95% and its all smooth sailing.

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
Well I definitely don't want to be blowing up at the bowels. Would love to keep it as a staple. Is 100mg the optimal dose. I assumed it was 50. I was going to go with

http: //orbitnutrition.com/cart/sports-supplements/performax-labs-alphamax-120-caps.html

It was the best amount of nonstim F95 I could find along with other helpful goodies that fits my options.

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
Lool why would I bother to do that in my own thread :p - link is for ingredients. I could link to website. But definitely lol'd at well played OP comment. And poor leanengineer. Give him a break.

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
Gotta say in my sleep deprived state I found that hilarious. But - what's the census on dosing. 50mg or 100mg.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Komodo Forskolin is probably the best value on the market atm.

And yes, it is a staple for me. Can't remember the last time i've had a proper solid crap.

Both of these!!!!

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gotta say in my sleep deprived state I found that hilarious. But - what's the census on dosing. 50mg or 100mg.
50mg is recommended dose for 12 weeks and is what I would go with.

Or you could go with 100mg for 8 weeks.

Both of the above studies showed similar effects on body composition, fat mass, and fat free mass.

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
50mg is recommended dose for 12 weeks and is what I would go with.

Or you could go with 100mg for 8 weeks.

Both of the above studies showed similar effects on body composition, fat mass, and fat free mass.
Awesome. Thank you for that. That's why I was leaning towards alphamax. 60 servings of 50mg. Not bad for 32$ and fits into my budget. I previously used C-Bolic but found it not cost effective.

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
AlphaMax is a good choice mane :D The additional arim will help you tighten up which will be nice considering your goals

Have fun

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I found a product with 300mg 40% with 90 servings for 20$ called BODYPRIME on Amazon, don't know how good that is though...

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
I think the only forskolin everyone likes on here is forskolin 95.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am rare but I like smartpowders caps. Very cheap for what you get forskolin wise. Yes low percentage but it only bothers me now and then and for the price cannot be beat.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have used 20% for forskolin and never noticed much, took enough to equal 100mg active. Any reason to think I would see better results from a higher extract? Maybe diet wasn't tight enough to notice.

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
From what I've heard forskolin isn't something you really feel or notice a whole lot. It's just there under the radar workings it magic.

Thelux14

Awards
forskolin 95 no GI issues what so ever. only doing 50mg a day. i already dont feel puffy and lost a lb.. just grab some PES enough for 2 cycles and enjoy :)

Johnston

Johnston

Awards
PES F95 did not agree with me. I was fortunate enough to have my toilet incidents at home... had I been caught unawares while driving or out and about, it doesn't even bear thinking about!

I'm sure I did read that the higher the purity of forskolin though, the more likely you were to have GI issues. Clearly doesn't affect everyone the same.

Thelux14

Awards
i thought i was gunna be one of those people. my stomach felt a tiny bit off for 2 mins and then i was fine. and i been taking it on empty stomachs and nothing. thinking about upping the dose.

Johnston

Johnston

Awards
My stomach always felt fine for the most part... I would just get a sudden urge and have to rush to the bathroom.

CarneyFolk

CarneyFolk

Awards
I found a product with 300mg 40% with 90 servings for 20$ called BODYPRIME on Amazon, don't know how good that is though...
I bought it from them. I've also bought 20% extracts from other manufactures. I exchanged 3 emails with body prime and while we were both very professional with each other, several things on their end just didn't add up. I initially asked if they had their product 3rd party tested for purity because their 40% was darker then the 20% I've used in the past. With forskolin the more pure it is the closer to light yellow-white it should be. They said yes but refused to release the cert because it was a proprietary blend and they only release to regulatory companies. When I replied asking for an exception to be made and explained that it was only one herb so there is nothing proprietary about it, they just refunded me my money and said to throw the product away.

Because they were so quick to refund my money when I didn't ask, and that it is dark brown in color, I would say that this is probably coleus forskohlii root, but not an extract anywhere close to 40%.

I've never had GI issues dosing the 20% even at 120mg active forskolin (3x 250mg pill) 1 preWO, 1 pWO, and 1 mid afternoon.

Anyhow, I just ordered some anabeta elite which has a pde1 inhibitor which prevents the breakdown of cAMP (forskolin increases)

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I bought it from them. I've also bought 20% extracts from other manufactures. I exchanged 3 emails with body prime and while we were both very professional with each other, several things on their end just didn't add up. I initially asked if they had their product 3rd party tested for purity because their 40% was darker then the 20% I've used in the past. With forskolin the more pure it is the closer to light yellow-white it should be. They said yes but refused to release the cert because it was a proprietary blend and they only release to regulatory companies. When I replied asking for an exception to be made and explained that it was only one herb so there is nothing proprietary about it, they just refunded me my money and said to throw the product away.

Because they were so quick to refund my money when I didn't ask, and that it is dark brown in color, I would say that this is probably coleus forskohlii root, but not an extract anywhere close to 40%.

I've never had GI issues dosing the 20% even at 120mg active forskolin (3x 250mg pill) 1 preWO, 1 pWO, and 1 mid afternoon.

Anyhow, I just ordered some anabeta elite which has a pde1 inhibitor which prevents the breakdown of cAMP (forskolin increases)
Lodhra Bark Extract :)

Hope you enjoy your ABE run.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Komodo Forskolin is by far the best deal. Wish PES would price theirs cheaper.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
All the studies on Sabinsa's own site (Hilton Head, Mumbai, etc...), were done with 10% of 250mg x2 a day. That's 50mg.

95% of 50mg is 47.5mg. So, unless you have a problem with two caps of 10%/250mg, paying (more?) for 95% seems to be a waste.

Komodo is 95% of 33mg, so you get a 45 day supply of 62.7mg, slightly more than the study amount.

Since a caloric deficit with cardio and resistance training will get you to 9x% of your goal, I cheap out and grab a 40%/300mg extract off of Amazon - if it's lawn clippings, I'm out 22 cents a day :)

I didn't know Sabinsa offered so many extract percentages though:

Sabinsa also offers standardized Coleus forskohlii extracts in concentrations of 1%, 20%, 40% 95% and 98% Forskohlin, along with soft extracts in 10% and 20% that are suitable for soft-gel applications.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
All the studies on Sabinsa's own site (Hilton Head, Mumbai, etc...), were done with 10% of 250mg x2 a day. That's 50mg.

95% of 50mg is 47.5mg. So, unless you have a problem with two caps of 10%/250mg, paying (more?) for 95% seems to be a waste.

Komodo is 95% of 33mg, so you get a 45 day supply of 62.7mg, slightly more than the study amount.

Since a caloric deficit with cardio and resistance training will get you to 9x% of your goal, I cheap out and grab a 40%/300mg extract off of Amazon - if it's lawn clippings, I'm out 22 cents a day :)

I look at it this way. If what you have is lawn clippings while the price was cheaper it IMO is a 100% less value as you got nothing for your money. I am not saying the high price extracts are needed but I would at least get a low % one you are sure of. I like nutraplanet and smartpowders.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I look at it this way. If what you have is lawn clippings while the price was cheaper it IMO is a 100% less value as you got nothing for your money. I am not saying the high price extracts are needed but I would at least get a low % one you are sure of. I like nutraplanet and smartpowders.
That is a good take on it. I just checked out the SmartPowder Caps - pretty dang good deal, thx!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have seen the best results with smart powders 20% bulk forskolin. I have used Forskolin since Syntrax was selling it in 2000, and everything used to be 10-30% extracts and I never had any GI issues at all. I didn't even know it could cause an issue. Smart Powders 20% didn't give me any issues and is what convinced me forskolin "works". I can up to 1 gram of 20% without issue.

I have used PES Shift and AS F95 and those products were the only forkolin products that have given me GI issues. But these issues were very very minor and I still think it is a quality product, but way over priced and over sold.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

95% is offered simply for members who notice excessive GI distress from the lower percentage extracts.

I still would opt for a Sabinsa-licensed extracts for the simple fact you know you are getting quality grade Coleus Forskohlii product.

There was also one study that came out recently using 100mg for 8 weeks, compared to the 50mg for 12 weeks.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have seen the best results with smart powders 20% bulk forskolin. I have used Forskolin since Syntrax was selling it in 2000, and everything used to be 10-30% extracts and I never had any GI issues at all. I didn't even know it could cause an issue. Smart Powders 20% didn't give me any issues and is what convinced me forskolin "works". I can up to 1 gram of 20% without issue.

I have used PES Shift and AS F95 and those products were the only forkolin products that have given me GI issues. But these issues were very very minor and I still think it is a quality product, but way over priced and over sold.
With PEScience SHIFT and Forskolin-95+, you're paying for the Sabinsa-licensed extract.

And we know that not everyone will notice GI distress caused by forskolin. If one does, the GI issues usually cease after continuous use due to adaptations taking place in the GI epithelium.

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There is as an eBay seller, spirits-scents.xyz

Is this stuff legit? Pricing looks pretty good, almost too good to be true. Good feedback on eBay, but not sure they can always testify. He also offers other products such as LJ, Mucuna Pruriens, etc.

Thanks

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Forskolin is one of those things (due to Dr. Oz garbage) that you're best getting from a trusted source. IMO, Smart Powders is the most economical for 120 caps of 20%. All Sabinsa studies are with 10%. *If*, for some reason, you get GI distress - then you can move up to 95% to see if that resolves the issue.

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How do I know if a source is trusted? This guy has 99,6% positive feedback.

I'm in Europe, so Smartpowders is not really an option

I would be very grateful if somebody had a good suggestion for Europe? (in particular Belgium).

Thanks

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
How do I know if a source is trusted? This guy has 99,6% positive feedback.

I'm in Europe, so Smartpowders is not really an option

I would be very grateful if somebody had a good suggestion for Europe? (in particular Belgium).

Thanks
Ah, ok. No idea for Europe. No idea on Ebay sellers trust either, but see if Blackburn Distributions out of the UK carries it.

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ah, ok. No idea for Europe. No idea on Ebay sellers trust either, but see if Blackburn Distributions out of the UK carries it.
Ok, thanks. I took 250mg caps at 10% Forskolin by Tested Nutrition. I had good results at 4 caps/day, but I would not mind paying less (13€ for 60 caps). I'll look into it.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Forskolin is one of those things (due to Dr. Oz garbage) that you're best getting from a trusted source. IMO, Smart Powders is the most economical for 120 caps of 20%. All Sabinsa studies are with 10%. *If*, for some reason, you get GI distress - then you can move up to 95% to see if that resolves the issue.
Have you ever had GI distress from less than 95%? lol, it's horrible.

I'll pay more for 95% to avoid that pain :(

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Have you ever had GI distress from less than 95%? lol, it's horrible.

I'll pay more for 95% to avoid that pain :(
Nope. Didn't see it listed as an adverse in any of the 10% Sabinsa studies either... guess some people pulled the short straw though :)

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Last question: do you cycle Forskolin? (at what frequency)

Which dosage? I'm using 100mg for 8 weeks and do a break. But the stuff is so beneficial for me that I'm wondering if you can take it differently, like whole year round.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Last question: do you cycle Forskolin? (at what frequency)

Which dosage? I'm using 100mg for 8 weeks and do a break. But the stuff is so beneficial for me that I'm wondering if you can take it differently, like whole year round.
I personally would if running that high of a dose but you could run it for up to 12-16 weeks IMO before taking a 4 week break.

Some dose year round, but at 25-50mg.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Nope. Didn't see it listed as an adverse in any of the 10% Sabinsa studies either... guess some people pulled the short straw though :)
Lol I did on this one man. Nothing worse than bubble guts. Makes sense then why you didn't mind 10%.