Making my own stimulant free pre-workout need feedbacks

Monte_Cristo

Monte_Cristo

Awards
  • Established
Long story short, Im not gonna buy anymore pre made pre workouts, I want to decide all the components myself to get rid of artificial sweetener and stimulants since they create tolerance and I happen to be lazy and tired the other days.

What I care the most is the pump, anti-catabolic effect and endurance.

So Arginine is a must but according to many researches it works better mixed with citruline and ornitine yet I dont know how to operate in this case regarding the amounts and the ratio.

Now regarding endurance and anti-catabolic protection I would add some BCAA possibly in the 4:1:1 ratio to promote anabolism as well where isoleucine is the 4.

A multivitamin pill to provides the B complex necessary and I guess its enough? I also have some green tea pills but not sure if its better to drop it as much as caffeine.

No creatine since Im a no responder and it fills me up with water especially my face.

Any feedback? Im planning to buy the single ingredient by itself of course.

ddfox

ddfox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Arginine is not a must...

I'd Start with
2-3g Citrulline, 1.6g Beta Alanine, 750mg Agmatine, and maybe some HydroMax (GMS) then add your BCCA's

Could consider COP for endurance as well.

You could start with just a B12 cap

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'd do 3.2g beta alanine 1.5g agmatine and 8g L citrulline with some grape seed extract. I love doing that's. Vascularity and pump

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
There are a ton of options as some good have have already been given.

Personally I would not take a multivitamin around my workout, but b12 as a standalone would be a good option as already mentioned.

FWIW - There are couple unflavored, unsweetened, non-stim options available in PreWOs that you could try or would be a good base to build from if you are looking for more.

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
http: //orbitnutrition.com/cart/bulk-supplements/

Have a look through here - I personally would go with CM and Agmatine for pumps - and caffeine pills for energy. Beta alanine would be good as well.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
As far as non-stim, bulk COP and beta alanine have helped with endurance. Cit Mal is a good addition as well. Creatine can help, though not acutely.

I don't like Glycerol as much for pumps...I seem to get more bloated than anything. Agmatine as mentioned is good, as is any Nitrate such as KNO3.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Wouldn't hurt to get some PA from soy lecithin. It's helped me with pumps. Like said before, scratch arginine. Just get 1 to 1.5 grams of agmatine sulfate and get some citrulline malate. You're looking at a really cheap pre workout drink.

Monte_Cristo

Monte_Cristo

Awards
  • Established
After many considerations I decided to use both Citruline malate and Arginine akg, still not sure in which ratio to use them? 1:1 is ok or citruline should be more?

Since glutamine really keeps me awake and makes me vigilant I decided to add it too since there are no stimulants.

Planning to do 3gr akg+3gr citruline malate+ 5gr glutamine+ 10gr BCAA, what do you think?

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Citruline, Agmantine, Betaine, Beta Alanine, Creatine, COP, and HICA

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I used to make one called pump city....

1.5 g agmatine
3.2 g BA
2.5 g TMG
6 g L-Cit

Add stims to flavor, nitrates to enhance. Drink 20-30 min pre workout and enjoy. Follow workout with 5 g.creatine mono. Endurance, pump, gains. I got damn tired of weighing out the powders tho... kinda stopped.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
L-glutamine is worthless without L-alanine combined. why do you want arginine in it?

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
You can always duplicate the one you like with the same amounts, just leave out the stuff you don't want in there. It's a lot cheaper to do but it can be frustrating finding good quality ingredients. You need a good scale and trust me it's better to make a small supply and test it before you make a whole lot of it.

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
Muscle feast makes an amazing stim-free pre-workout and they list all their ingredients with dosges. Just copy it ;)

Shasow

Shasow

Banned
Awards
Agmatine + Sodium for pump
Leucine for anti-catabolism (forget bcca)
Beta-Alanine for endurance
I'd add a little Caffeine personally for that little jolt.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Long story short, Im not gonna buy anymore pre made pre workouts, I want to decide all the components myself to get rid of artificial sweetener and stimulants since they create tolerance and I happen to be lazy and tired the other days.

What I care the most is the pump, anti-catabolic effect and endurance.

So Arginine is a must but according to many researches it works better mixed with citruline and ornitine yet I dont know how to operate in this case regarding the amounts and the ratio.

Now regarding endurance and anti-catabolic protection I would add some BCAA possibly in the 4:1:1 ratio to promote anabolism as well where isoleucine is the 4.

A multivitamin pill to provides the B complex necessary and I guess its enough? I also have some green tea pills but not sure if its better to drop it as much as caffeine.

No creatine since Im a no responder and it fills me up with water especially my face.

Any feedback? Im planning to buy the single ingredient by itself of course.
taurine 2-3g ed
2-4g creatine ed
multiv
extra b12
done : P

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Creatine and Beta-Alanine are a daily systemic, vs an acute PrWO - but most just take them in a Pre for convenience.

Since Creatine is out for you, I'd do 5g of Beta-Alanine (yes, 3.2g was used in one study, but 4.8 was used in a few more) and 8g of a 2:1 Citrulline Malate (better than Arginine) in a TrueTM flavored drink mix (no artificial anything). Maybe add 2.5g Betaine and some Leucine. All of those can be had in bulk, yielding months of "Pre-Workouts". Pop a cheap Caffeine tab if you need a pick me up.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agmatine
Citrulline Malate
HydroMax
Beta Alanine
Betaine