Your experience with Phosphatidylserine?

bb333

Awards
  • Established
Have you ever used the Phosphatidylserine?
You feel a useful supplement?
How did you use?
How many mg you used daily?
What results did you get?

To you!

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
I like it above 800 mg daily. Feel a good sense of calm when I use it. As far as results I didn't notice anything in the mirror, but there are cognitive benefits I could feel.

bb333

Awards
  • Established
how much phosphatidylserine contains 100 gr of soya lecithin? (Optima)

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
How much phosphatidylserine is in 100 grams of optima soy lecithin? I have no idea.

bb333

Awards
  • Established
No other feedback?
There are scientific studies promising, I think it's a good supplement.
What have you to say about it?

I would like to try 800mg, only postwork! (3 workouts per week)
some idea?

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
No other feedback?
There are scientific studies promising, I think it's a good supplement.
What have you to say about it?

I would like to try 800mg, only postwork! (3 workouts per week)
some idea?
I've been using Soy Granuals for my source of PA (Phosphatidic acid) for its mTOR activating qualities, but soy-derived Lysophosphatidic acid and Phosphatidylserine have both been shown to induce an increase in mTOR signaling as well.

An interesting note is that PA from soy was found to be a more potent stimulator of mTOR signaling than that derived from egg sources.

Cited Study:
*Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition 2013, 10(Suppl 1):p7

I would add that it has been shown that exercise induced stressors increase the effectiveness of these substances and thus enhance mTOR signalling to a greater extent. The study most cite had their subjects take PA both pre and post workout. One could draw the conclusion that Phosphatidylserine will also benefit from exercise stressors and thus the same dosing protocol.

Personally, I take about 3 tbsp of soy granuals pre, and 2 post.
Danes might have some more info on Phosphatidylserine and its ability to increase mTOR signalling.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I read an abstract of a study in another thread saying that soy lecithin makes you gain fat super easy....Dumb down a bit but that's the jist.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I read an abstract of a study in another thread saying that soy lecithin makes you gain fat super easy....Dumb down a bit but that's the jist.
I wouldn't say it in such absolutes or extremes, but it is something to look into farther.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I'm not buying that study though. Someone else in that thread posted a reply after reading the full text (I haven't had a chance to read the full text yet myself), but he made a decent argument against the results of the study.

At the very least we should keep in mind the study is from 2009, and no other research has emerged on lecithin and adipogenesis/fat gain. There is however a decent amount of studies showing the positive health aspects of soy letcithin, ranging from cognitive to lower cholesterol.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Kind of need to read more then the abstract to get a full understanding of the study done.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, just passing on the info. I forgot what thread but someone can link if they remember.
NP.

Here it is (had to put in spaces due to not being at 1000 posts yet to put up links)

http : // anabolicminds. com /forum /supplements /262199 -top-5- must-3. html#post 5022198

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been using Soy Granuals for my source of PA (Phosphatidic acid) for its mTOR activating qualities, but soy-derived Lysophosphatidic acid and Phosphatidylserine have both been shown to induce an increase in mTOR signaling as well.

An interesting note is that PA from soy was found to be a more potent stimulator of mTOR signaling than that derived from egg sources.

Cited Study:
*Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition 2013, 10(Suppl 1):p7

I would add that it has been shown that exercise induced stressors increase the effectiveness of these substances and thus enhance mTOR signalling to a greater extent. The study most cite had their subjects take PA both pre and post workout. One could draw the conclusion that Phosphatidylserine will also benefit from exercise stressors and thus the same dosing protocol.

Personally, I take about 3 tbsp of soy granuals pre, and 2 post.
Danes might have some more info on Phosphatidylserine and its ability to increase mTOR signalling.
PS is going same pathway as PA thru the LPA route. So with other words, adding PS to PA would be a good idea :) you get more of the mTOR activating effect and not to mention brainhealth effects