Burn24 confused about what is does? (Stacked With - Norcodrene INTL)

xo0ox

xo0ox

Awards
Got a 180 caps bottle of burn24 at home but after reading about it more I'm a bit confused on what it does.
As of now I'm at 8% fat (caliper 14 point measurement) but have been standing still for about 2.5 weeks only shifting up and down in water weight.
Ok time to shift things up! Cutting has been going on for about 4 month now so the body is getting used to my routine.

Got a hold of some Norcodrene INTL for boosting fat burning.
Rearrange my micros from a lower carb setup to a lower fat one.
Before (140g carb, 230-250g protein, and 90g fat) Worked well until now.
Now I go with (220g carb, 230-250g protein and about 50-60g fat).

My though about burn24 was to improve my insulin sensitivity that may have gotten low after a long time on a cutting diet (the body wants to store fat) and prevent the carbs I'm now upping from being stored in the fat cells.
But now I read up on that I may also block carbs from being absorbed? But I want the carbs that I'm eating absorbed into the muscle cells and make me feel fuller.
My philosophe is that if I don't want it absorbed I don't eat it, simple as that. If I eat 220g carbs (most after workout) a day I want it in my system both for muscles fullness but also as recovery.

I have 1 reefed day every 10 days, but now that I'm upping my carbs maybe a cheat meal 1 time a weeks will do it...

So what is the deal with burn24, is it good for what I want to use it as or is it more of a unplanned cheat meal eradicator`/ dirty diet and don't want to gain fat supplement?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
What are you overall goals? Are you trying to get leaner? 8% is incredibly low to sustain for an extended period of time. Most competitive athletes step on stage between 6 and 8%, and can only maintain that level of conditioning for a few days max. I'd be curious to know what your goals are.

As far as Burn 24 goes, I would suggest using it for carb meals that aren't post workout. Your body is primed to uptake carbohydrates after a workout, so using Burn 24 at that time would be a waste. If you're looking to feel full and get that "carbed up" feeling, then you'll enjoy burn 24. It will essentially help your body better utilize the nutrients (carbohydrates specifically) that you are taking in to be used for muscle glycogen as opposed to being stored as body fat. GDA's like Burn 24 are also great for refeed days. I use a GDA on my refeed/cheat meals all the time to reduce the bloated feeling you typically get after a high carb meal.

xo0ox

xo0ox

Awards
Goal is 6%
As of now I'm dosing 1 cap before breakfast 30-40g carbs, 1 cap before lunch 30-40g carbs and 1 cap before dinner (postworkout meal) 80g carbs.
Maybe I should skip the dinner cap then and save those caps for a refeed day.

But does it block carb uptake?
Or does improve insulin sensitivity while blocking fat storage?
Or both? In that case how well does it block carbs.

Off tropic.
Took on cap 30 min ago and dinner is done in 5 min, feeling a drop in blood sugar for sure :) a bit of a cold sweat.

hiimnotcool

hiimnotcool

Awards
  • Established
lol, great question...this is why I have a bottle of Burn24 I haven't really used in my cupboard. Never really knew when to take it. Plus I'm cutting so my carbs are never THAT high. I rarely go over 200 grams of carbs in a day. In fact, I just checked Myfitnesspal and I'm averaging only like 150 for the last 2-3 weeks. And that ALL comes after working out because I train fasted. I'd think Burn24 would be awesome on a bulk though just to block the fat accumulation associated with all the carbs (where it's easily 300+ a day) and extra calories. Brb 2 pills burn 24 then drink 3 cups of chocolate milk and eat some pizza. hnnghhhhhh

xo0ox

xo0ox

Awards
The thing is that the body is not dumb. If it senses that the body fat get to low or if the carbs get to low and under a longer period of time it will adjust the insulin sensitivity down to store more fat. The body is a survival machine and wants some fat to be stored so it we can survive a potential starvation.
Short term the low carb approach can get you a good insulin sensitivity or if you are on the heavier side longer term but if you are to low to long usually under 100g carbs the body will soon or later adjust.

My though about burn24 for me was to improve insulin sensitivity when I up my carbs while keep it from going into the fat cells getting me fuller look from muscle glycogen. My KCAL intake is the same but my micros has shifter from - low carb medium fat too - high carb low fat.
But if burn24 block carb uptake it wont reach the muscles cells giving me the fuller look and my kcal will instead (unwillingly) drop due to less carbs being absorbed by the body canceling out what I want to achieve.

So what is it?
Carb blocker?
Insulin enhancer / Fat storage blocker?
Or both?

By the way, loving the Norcodrene INTL so far, alphime stimmed me out a bit but with this the energy is smooth.
To soon in (only 2 days) to judge any results from it.

Edit:
Been reading up on the burn24 berberine and it's AMPK activation. Does not sound good :(
Will probably store this away until I know more :( (only been using it for 2 days).
Too bad was exited too see what Norcodrene and burn24 could achieve together + the burn24 was not cheap :)

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As long as you're hitting the weights and lifting hard or doing some powerful aerobic exercise (induces PGC-1a), no need to worry about Berberine and AMPK and its ability to have an negative impact on muscle hypertrophy.

xo0ox

xo0ox

Awards
As long as you're hitting the weights and lifting hard or doing some powerful aerobic exercise (induces PGC-1a), no need to worry about Berberine and AMPK and its ability to have an negative impact on muscle hypertrophy.
So the Atrogin-1 activation of berberine is canceled out but training and or other stuff like Leucine, Phosphatidic acid?
Must say I'm a bit concerned about taking something that could potentially limit/stunt my muscle growth with i's best to say limited during a cut :)
But maybe I'm overthinking it.
I only dose it 2-3 caps day = 200-300mg berberine.
Studies show a dose of 1500mg.

Got some agmatine and r-ala at home as well.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So the Atrogin-1 activation of berberine is canceled out but training and or other stuff like Leucine, Phosphatidic acid?
Must say I'm a bit concerned about taking something that could potentially limit/stunt my muscle growth with i's best to say limited during a cut :)
Training, whether it be weights or powerful aerobic exercise (HIIT) will attenuate the effect Berberine has on negatively impacting muscle hypertrophy.

IMO, if you plan to dose with Berberine, dose it away from your workouts.

xo0ox

xo0ox

Awards
Training, whether it be weights or powerful aerobic exercise (HIIT) will attenuate the effect Berberine has on negatively impacting muscle hypertrophy.

IMO, if you plan to dose with Berberine, dose it away from your workouts.
Ok

As of now I'm doing some morning walks (around 8:00 am) 30min and the some heavy training around 3:00 pm 5-6 days a week. Walking to the gym and home = another 30min walk.
At around 9:30 am breakfast 30-40g carbs
At around 12:00pm Lunch 30-40g carbs
"Fasted training" 3:00 pm with Norcondrene, amino acids and postworkout shake (maybe 30g carbs)
Dinner at around 17:00pm high carb 80-100+g
Bedtime 22:00pm about 10-20g carbs.

All in all about 200-230g carbs / Day
Most carbs after workout were I understand a GDA is useless as the body already is insulin sensitive in the muscle cells from glycogen depletion.

Maybe not worth taking burn24 with this low carbs and wait until I upper them in September = Lean Bulk
Save the burn24 for off day cheat meals outside the reefed day? (Not many of those though).

Maybe some R-ALA in the morning and before lunch (100mg x2) alongside 500mg Agmatine morning and bedtime.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, a GDA post workout wouldn't be the most optimal time for its use.

Remember, Burn 24 isn't just a GDA, but also marketed as a non-stim burner, so you could still use it even with the low about of carbs you'll be consuming.

Certainly ingredients in Burn 24 are going to block uptake of carbohydrates which we don't want during a bulk.

You could do Burn 24 + Agmatine (500-1000mg) + R-ALA (300-900mg) prior to your cheats.

xo0ox

xo0ox

Awards
Would the best time to take it be...

Pre Breakfast 1-2 caps
Pre Lunch 1 caps

It would be about 3.5 hours away from workout.
Pre workout I dos 750mg Phospadic Acid, about 5g leucine (bcaa), 500mg agmatine... These supps of what I understand elevates mtor and would cancel out the berberine?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That would work.

avega17

Awards
  • Established
Yes, a GDA post workout wouldn't be the most optimal time for its use.

Remember, Burn 24 isn't just a GDA, but also marketed as a non-stim burner, so you could still use it even with the low about of carbs you'll be consuming.

Certainly ingredients in Burn 24 are going to block uptake of carbohydrates which we don't want during a bulk.

You could do Burn 24 + Agmatine (500-1000mg) + R-ALA (300-900mg) prior to your cheats.
You wouldn't use it during a lean bulk?

avega17

Awards
  • Established
Doubtful.
I grabbed a bottle on sale, and have been saving it for when I reverse out of this cut. Looks like I might just open it for my last couple months in a deficit.

Would this still be beneficial on a lower CHO intake, 200g and less?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I grabbed a bottle on sale, and have been saving it for when I reverse out of this cut. Looks like I might just open it for my last couple months in a deficit.

Would this still be beneficial on a lower CHO intake, 200g and less?
In my opinion, yes.

It may be worth while on a reverse though as well, depending on how slow the reverse is on raising calories.

avega17

Awards
  • Established
In my opinion, yes.

It may be worth while on a reverse though as well, depending on how slow the reverse is on raising calories.
Reverse would be 50-100 calories (mainly CHO and some FAT) every 2-3 weeks.

xo0ox

xo0ox

Awards
Reverse would be 50-100 calories (mainly CHO and some FAT) every 2-3 weeks.
That is i pretty slow rise and the body should be able to adapt to that amount by itself without any supps.

I'm also in the thought process on burn24.

Your diet like mine is clean and from what I can tell maintainable so why block out some of the carbs whit burn24?

Sure we will get some improvement in some fat release mechanism and if our insulin respons is lowered we get a boost in that.

But I see a light. The closer to my goal I get usual the less cardio I do because the body can not burn fat It does not have and will begin eat from the muscles insted.
Here I can see burn24 shine.
Lessen the cardio while maintaining hard workout and some HIIT (now and then) while still having a bit higher carb intake.

avega17

Awards
  • Established
That is i pretty slow rise and the body should be able to adapt to that amount by itself without any supps.

I'm also in the thought process on burn24.

Your diet like mine is clean and from what I can tell maintainable so why block out some of the carbs whit burn24?

Sure we will get some improvement in some fat release mechanism and if our insulin respons is lowered we get a boost in that.

But I see a light. The closer to my goal I get usual the less cardio I do because the body can not burn fat It does not have and will begin eat from the muscles insted.
Here I can see burn24 shine.
Lessen the cardio while maintaining hard workout and some HIIT (now and then) while still having a bit higher carb intake.
Yea, I'm starting to believe it would be more practical to use towards to end of a cut.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
....in.

bperry83

Awards
I also received a bottle of Burn 24 (was going to stack with Alphamine) but am unsure of the benefits now that I've committed to the Anabolic Diet (carbs are under 30g per weekday now). Wondering if there's any benefit?

Considering the carb-up on weekends, would also be interested to know if Burn 24 would be counter-active against restoring glycogen to the muscles?

Thoughts?

luckylefty811

luckylefty811

Awards
  • Established
I also received a bottle of Burn 24 (was going to stack with Alphamine) but am unsure of the benefits now that I've committed to the Anabolic Diet (carbs are under 30g per weekday now). Wondering if there's any benefit?

Considering the carb-up on weekends, would also be interested to know if Burn 24 would be counter-active against restoring glycogen to the muscles?

Thoughts?
it shuttles carbs into the muscle through carbs. It's very strong and I would use it when you are having carbs. If using for the gym I would take it 30-40 mins with carbs pre workout and the pumps are going to be intense.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it shuttles carbs into the muscle through carbs. It's very strong and I would use it when you are having carbs. If using for the gym I would take it 30-40 mins with carbs pre workout and the pumps are going to be intense.
I personally wouldn't use around workouts.