Yellow Gold

W13NY

Awards
Anyone cap there own yellow gold and use it? If so when do you take yours and how often?

And what are the benefits of it that youve seen

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I have a capping set and used to LOVE this stuff. You need to be really careful because it will stain everything it touches though.

I haven't used it in years, but I'd recommend it before a carbohydrates rich meal. I'd compare it to Anabolic pump as far as what to expect.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just got a horrible flashback of the time I tried to just crush a scoop of this stuff. Put it on my tongue and almost died...that taste! Used to love that stuff tho!

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just got a horrible flashback of the time I tried to just crush a scoop of this stuff. Put it on my tongue and almost died...that taste! Used to love that stuff tho!
you super Old school!

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Great GDA. Definitely cap it or parachute it though. Tastes god awful.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Broken cap in a bottle... Woof. The entire bottle was miserable. Every. Single. Time.

Nyrin

Awards
Berberine is magical when dosed well. Studies have actually shown it to rival the potency of the prescription drug Metformin -- when it's good enough to be the first choice for type 2 diabetes, you know it does something well.

Another plus for it is that it stabilizes levels rather than tanking them, so you don't have to worry about "going hypo" if berberine is all you're taking (although it can of course contribute to "going hypo" if you're stacking it with other things).

The only downside is a certain degree of AMPK uptick that may or may not slow down the gains if taken too close to a workout; I'm not sure a good study has observed how much resistance training abolishes the AMPK problem. Also makes it a poor choice to stack with PDE inhibitors (e.g. lodhra).

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd just like to find someplace to buy it again in bulk

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I hadn't used it in so long that I just tried to look it and anabolic pump up... Looks like they are both no more? I believe I used to get my bulk yellow gold from np

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Berberine is magical when dosed well. Studies have actually shown it to rival the potency of the prescription drug Metformin -- when it's good enough to be the first choice for type 2 diabetes, you know it does something well.

Another plus for it is that it stabilizes levels rather than tanking them, so you don't have to worry about "going hypo" if berberine is all you're taking (although it can of course contribute to "going hypo" if you're stacking it with other things).

The only downside is a certain degree of AMPK uptick that may or may not slow down the gains if taken too close to a workout; I'm not sure a good study has observed how much resistance training abolishes the AMPK problem. Also makes it a poor choice to stack with PDE inhibitors (e.g. lodhra).
Why don't you want to mix it with PDE inhibitors?

TN Lift

Awards
What's a normal dosage of berberine? Thinking about buying some capped berberine

Nyrin

Awards
Why don't you want to mix it with PDE inhibitors?
It likely attenuates the cAMP increase. Can't link (I guess I need to post way more now), but you can look for the study: "Berberine attenuates cAMP-induced lipolysis via reducing the inhibition of phosphodiesterase in 3T3-L1 adipocytes" by Zhou L et al.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It likely attenuates the cAMP increase. Can't link (I guess I need to post way more now), but you can look for the study: "Berberine attenuates cAMP-induced lipolysis via reducing the inhibition of phosphodiesterase in 3T3-L1 adipocytes" by Zhou L et al.
So bulking its bad but if cutting then i assume it would be really good.

Nyrin

Awards
You can still certainly take both if you space 'em out -- just take the berberine when you're valuing insulin sensitivity and deprioritizing lipolysis (feeding periods) and take the forskolin when you're prioritizing lipolysis and not so worried about insulin sensitivity (e.g. workouts).

It'd just be counterproductive to take them in close proximity to one another since they'd fight it out.

Likewise, if you ever see a supplement that contains a PDE inhibitor like forskolin alongside berberine, you can roll your eyes at the formulator(s).

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Berberine and its increase of AMPK can suppress muscle hypertrophy as you stated, but as long as we are lifting heavy or performing some sort of aerobic exercise (HIIT), we can reverse the suppression of muscle hypertrophy.

Still though, I agree it would be best to dose far away from workouts and keeping Berberine away from PDE inhibitors.

W13NY

Awards
I still have some left from NP but never took much. Just wanted to see everyones take on it. Thanks

Edit: when I did take it, it was post workout with a high carb meal

Nyrin

Awards
I still have some left from NP but never took much. Just wanted to see everyones take on it. Thanks

Edit: when I did take it, it was post workout with a high carb meal
I don't have the science on hand, but I believe your nutrient partitioning is already very optimized post-workout due to glycogen depletion and other factors. I seem to recall GDAs having something between a net-zero and net-negative effect in that timing given they can't push up muscular sensitivity much from an already maxed-out state, yet do still nudge up adipocyte sensitivity a bit. That's probably splitting hairs, though -- in general, just using before your high-carb meals is definitely the way to go.

googlealchemi

googlealchemi

Awards

I don't have the science on hand, but I believe your nutrient partitioning is already very optimized post-workout due to glycogen depletion and other factors. I seem to recall GDAs having something between a net-zero and net-negative effect in that timing given they can't push up muscular sensitivity much from an already maxed-out state, yet do still nudge up adipocyte sensitivity a bit. That's probably splitting hairs, though -- in general, just using before your high-carb meals is definitely the way to go.
I was poking around for a thread to determine a better dosing protocol for berberine as I've been using it off and on for a while now. I'm a bit pissed as I've mainly been taking a few hundred mg's post workout. Now I'm reading this is hurting my muscle growth and not adding anything re glucose disposal/insulin related?

Do we have any additional data yet, or at least educated guesses on just how much it attenuates camp or protein synthesis (if thats also an issue?)

I found this related thread where mr cooper says to take 500mg up to 3 x daily with meals *edit looks like i cant even post internal links before 50 posts* but should that only be with carb meals of a certain # of grams?

And definitely not pwo?

The other thing that I''m still kinda confused and bugged about is the pde issues. I haven't noticed any issues getting/keeping an erection but is this stuff working against us in that regard or is that only with extra booster type stuff, herbal or rx?

I don't equate slin sensitivty/proper glucose disposal with fat burning directly but I kinda lump them together in a sense...but this stuff is looking like its one or the other vs both correct? If we are taking it once let alone 3 times a day with food are we shutting down fat burning all day?

What about days where the only carbs we take in are in our pwo meals?

anab0lix

anab0lix

Awards
  • Established
I hadn't used it in so long that I just tried to look it and anabolic pump up... Looks like they are both no more? I believe I used to get my bulk yellow gold from np
They still sell AP in some places online.

But yeah it was sold from NP.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Not sure if they are still a board sponsor, but SHP sells bulk berberine hcl capped. 400mg x 60 caps per bottle. If you sign up for their mailing list, and time it right, they occasionally have it 30% of regular price plus you can take another 10-20% off with whatever discount code is active during that time. That is when I stock up on the stuff. Comes out to under $6 for 24g capped. Pretty good deal and convenient. I order a lot of my basic staples from there as well. Good prices when on sale and excellent customer service.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mstep Supplements 2
Supplements 2
kbayne Supplements 32
Distilled Water Supplements 21
Ari Gold Product Reviews 0