• Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
anyone ever use them in combination?

PharmAnalyst

PharmAnalyst

Awards
  • Established
Just to clarify, when you say sudafed you don't mean the phenylephrine (not behind the counter) version, right?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Just to clarify, when you say sudafed you don't mean the phenylephrine (not behind the counter) version, right?
i mean pseudoephedrine/ephedrine...i used the brand names, sorry!!!

magicwood

Awards
I don't see why you would use both. One or the other. I've always used bronkaid with my EC stack.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I don't see why you would use both. One or the other. I've always used bronkaid with my EC stack.
bronkaid opens my lungs up and gives a stim effect...sudafed opens my nose up and gives a stim effect + sudafed actually decreases my appetite more than bronkaid....

better breathing is why!!!

magicwood

Awards
Hmm did not know that. Will have to test this out now. Thanks for the info.

avega17

Awards
  • Established
bronkaid opens my lungs up and gives a stim effect...sudafed opens my nose up and gives a stim effect + sudafed actually decreases my appetite more than bronkaid....

better breathing is why!!!
Let us know if you do try that. I'm interested.

PharmAnalyst

PharmAnalyst

Awards
  • Established
i mean pseudoephedrine/ephedrine...i used the brand names, sorry!!!
No problem, just wanted to be sure. My personal unlicensed non-medical opinion would be that mixing the two wouldn't be a good idea, doesn't seem safe.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
No problem, just wanted to be sure. My personal unlicensed non-medical opinion would be that mixing the two wouldn't be a good idea, doesn't seem safe.
actually a doctor would probably say using either isn't safe....i can't see any INCREASED risk of combining them.

PharmAnalyst

PharmAnalyst

Awards
  • Established
actually a doctor would probably say using either isn't safe....i can't see any INCREASED risk of combining them.
I think the potential for additive effects are there, especially when taking into account their effects on vascular tone, but again I'm not a doctor or healthcare worker. Personally, I wouldn't try mixing the two.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sudafed used to be passed out like skittles at every competition I was in. I love it for any endurance event.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I think the potential for additive effects are there, especially when taking into account their effects on vascular tone, but again I'm not a doctor or healthcare worker. Personally, I wouldn't try mixing the two.
too late...i've already done it!!! very nice bonus for my nose to be so clear along with lungs, i like it, a lot!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Sudafed used to be passed out like skittles at every competition I was in. I love it for any endurance event.
i don't know about it's fatburning effects, but sudafed might just have bronkaid beat on stim effect!!!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fat burning I am not sure of, but I know it is definitely an appetite suppressant.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Fat burning I am not sure of, but I know it is definitely an appetite suppressant.
actually the combination is quite nice!!!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Seriously? They're both powerful sympathomimetics, so yes, there is an INCREASED risk of cardiac arrythmia and sudden cardiac death, stroke, hypertension, etc. Personally, I would never use the combo, but that's me.

Btw, the above listed risks have ZERO SYMPTOMS, so you may very well feel fine but be close to expiring...

avega17

Awards
  • Established
Just recently, I was combining E with phenylephrine HCL (DayQuil) without knowing, and I was getting some serious chest pains for a few days. This is probably a similar interaction as with pseudoephedrine? Either way, I had to stop both for a few days, and I don't recommend it at all. I didn't notice any improvement in breathing either, but I was also very congested to begin with anyways.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
In before exclamation filled response.
nope...i am doing well with the combo, but i would never encourage anyone else to do something someone as knowledgeable as cooper feels is unsafe......

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
nope...i am doing well with the combo, but i would never encourage anyone else to do something someone as knowledgeable as cooper feels is unsafe......
That's the dangerous part bro, you will not feel the symptoms as coop mentioned. You can be happily walking around thinkin all is fine and dandy. It's your body though so good luck!

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I miss Phenylpropanolamine....

used to be able to get it stacked with Ephedrine . That was a potent fat burner / appetite suppressant combo..!
thebigt did you ever take that before it was banned..?

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's odd that drugs.com doesn't list ephedrine and pseudo as having any drug interactions.

I wouldn't combine them, regardless.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
jamesm11 I found this. Copy & pasted below,

Significant - Monitor Closely
ephedrine + pseudoephedrine
ephedrine, pseudoephedrine. Either increases effects of the other by pharmacodynamic synergism. Significant interaction possible, monitor closely.

ephedrine and pseudoephedrine both decrease sedation. Potential for interaction, monitor.

ephedrine and pseudoephedrine both increase sympathetic (adrenergic) effects, including increased blood pressure and heart rate. Potential for interaction, monitor.

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
jamesm11 I found this. Copy & pasted below,

Significant - Monitor Closely
ephedrine, pseudoephedrine. Either increases effects of the other by pharmacodynamic synergism. Significant interaction possible, monitor closely.

ephedrine and pseudoephedrine both decrease sedation. Potential for interaction, monitor.

ephedrine and pseudoephedrine both increase sympathetic (adrenergic) effects, including increased blood pressure and heart rate. Potential for interaction, monitor.
Huh, it didn't work when I checked. I figured those were the effects. Just not good when a website thst people rely on doesn't work properly. Not that it should be their only resource, but still

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Although like BigT, I dont necessarily recommend the combo, I will admit that I have mixed Sudafed and Bronkaid. I keep the doses low, keep water intake up, and I dont rinse and repeat because my BP does go up within a day or 2. T, check ur BP man and I wouldnt string together too many days in a row. U will start to feel real lousy if the possible sides should show up. Been there myself

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
pseudo ephedrine does not burn fat like ephedrine and you are wasting time imo.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Although like BigT, I dont necessarily recommend the combo, I will admit that I have mixed Sudafed and Bronkaid. I keep the doses low, keep water intake up, and I dont rinse and repeat because my BP does go up within a day or 2. T, check ur BP man and I wouldnt string together too many days in a row. U will start to feel real lousy if the possible sides should show up. Been there myself
i have a home bp monitor and check daily....thanks!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
pseudo ephedrine does not burn fat like ephedrine and you are wasting time imo.
oh yeah!!! the stim effect and appetite reduction is superior to bronkaid-waste of time, lol!!!