Indigo-3G

anavar1715

Awards
What are people's take on this supp? Any other brand that has similar ingredients with a lower price tag?

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
it's a GDA that's like the rest IMO

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
I liked it for the extra glycogen storage and strength increase while cutting but cannot justify its use again due to cost.

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
Examine has a good write up on it (examine.com/supplements/Cyanidin/) Swanson has a supplement that contains it but I don't know how it compares. I remember seeing that biotest improved it's potency and bioavailbility but who knows how true that is.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I3c is actually in quite a few things around but only biotest really makes the crazy claims of "ultimate leanness regulator" and such ha.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
I3c is actually in quite a few things around but only biotest really makes the crazy claims of "ultimate leanness regulator" and such ha.
IC3 (INDOLE - 3 - CARBINOL) is a different compound that what is found in the Biotest product. Indigo-3G is C3G (Cyanidin-3-Glucoside)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
IC3 (INDOLE - 3 - CARBINOL) is a different compound that what is found in the Biotest product. Indigo-3G is C3G (Cyanidin-3-Glucoside)
yep you're totally right ha. fckin acronyms.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've tried it and while very expensive, it's actually effective IMO. It seems to be more than a simple GDA. The problem of course is...it costs a lot, so it's not exactly cost efficient.

cubs1987

cubs1987

Awards
  • Established
I'd be interested to try it, but again the price is absurd

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Indigo (Blue/Purple Fruits) + 3G (3-Glucoside).... god I love marketing :)

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
I've tried it and while very expensive, it's actually effective IMO. It seems to be more than a simple GDA. The problem of course is...it costs a lot, so it's not exactly cost efficient.
this,the glycogen retention is nice but you could get multiple gda's for the price of on I3G

cubs1987

cubs1987

Awards
  • Established
C3G is also in M(6) by High Performance Nutrition, although they market it as a fat burner and the dose is much lower

daddywarbuck

Awards
Inositol has been shown to beneficially affect the bioavailability of blackcurrant anthocyanins when coingested, suggesting that the same mechanisms may apply to the Cyanidin subset.

J Agric Food Chem. 2007 Mar 21;55(6):2489-96. Epub 2007 Feb 24.
Enhanced absorption of anthocyanins after oral administration of phytic acid in rats and humans.
Matsumoto H1, Ito K, Yonekura K, Tsuda T, Ichiyanagi T, Hirayama M, Konishi T.
Author information
Abstract
Many studies on the bioavailability of polyphenols have been reported. However, the relative urinary excretions of AC are also low, ranging from 0.004% to 0.1%. By contrast, other polyphenols show higher urinary excretion levels. Here, we studied the enhancing effects of phytic acid (IP6) on absorption of blackcurrant anthocyanins (BCAs) in rats and humans. In rats after oral administration of BCAs (as 241 mg of AC/kg body weight) in IP6 (0%, 0.25%, 0.5%, 1%, 2.5%) solution, the ACs recovery in urine was increased dependent on IP6 dose. These results suggest that the IP6 enhances gastrointestinal absorption of ACs. At the further analysis of IP6 enhancement effect in rat, whereas BCAs were normally passed through the stomach and duodenum within 2 h, in IP6 group, after 2-6 h post-administration, stomach and jejunum content's weights were specifically heavy, and large amounts of ACs were also detected in stomach, duodenum, and jejunum. These results suggested that the mixture of BCAs and IP6 reduced the gastrointestinal motility. Prolongation of ACs residue in gastrointestinal tract then caused the enhancing effects of IP6 on absorption of AC. In the human study, each subject was orally administrated a BCA beverage containing BCA concentrate (AC 4 mg/kg body weight), 1% of IP6, and 1% of sodium citrate as a pH stabilizer. Both the plasma level and the urinary excretion of AC were increased as compared to BCA administration without IP6. AC intake with IP6 may increase the bioavailability of AC to the comparative level as other polyphenols. Yet, phytic acid, being a strong chelator of important minerals, contributes to mineral deficiencies. An interference with iron uptake has been reported. Safety tests are therefore necessary before high dose IP6 can be used in foods.

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
Lol didn't t-nation run this for like $500 at one point?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer