Forskolin - Before, After, or With Food - What's the deal?

kpeaceoutbye

Awards
  • Established
I've always taken Forskolin on an empty stomach because I paired it with Yohimbine during a cut.

I plan to use it with ABE on a bulk in the next few weeks. Is the consensus to take Forskolin as far away from food as possible, 20-30 mins BEFORE food, or WITH meals? Would it make zero difference?

Thanks.. just been hearing a few opposing dosing schemes.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No difference. Obviously if you take with a burner, take on an empty stomach.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The only reason it matters for some people is that they have gi issues if they don't take it with food. Otherwise, functionally, it makes no difference.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
No difference. Obviously if you take with a burner, take on an empty stomach.
Thats what cooper told me to do.
If there is GI Distress take with food, he stated he prefers it between meals if possible and working upward to a 50-100mg dose (spread throughout the day)

i would stack F95 with Alphamine when i ran it

kpeaceoutbye

Awards
  • Established
So if taking without fat burners and during a bulk and there is no GI distress, it really makes no difference as long as you get the 100mg per day in 2 doses about 6-8 hours apart or so? I'll probably end up taking with ABE and xgels at the same time so this would work perfect.

Also, does it require exercise/work better with activity after taking, or is that Yohimbine I'm thinking about?

NEBinAK

NEBinAK

Awards
Came in to say upsets some people stomachs so they say take with food to avoid that, I've taken like every percent extract available with or without food and never had any issues.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So if taking without fat burners and during a bulk and there is no GI distress, it really makes no difference as long as you get the 100mg per day in 2 doses about 6-8 hours apart or so? I'll probably end up taking with ABE and xgels at the same time so this would work perfect.

Also, does it require exercise/work better with activity after taking, or is that Yohimbine I'm thinking about?
Ya shouldn't matter a ton for timing. If just follow AnaBeta Elites dosing instructions and dose any extra forskolin whenever convenient.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So if taking without fat burners and during a bulk and there is no GI distress, it really makes no difference as long as you get the 100mg per day in 2 doses about 6-8 hours apart or so?
That is correct

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Ya shouldn't matter a ton for timing. If just follow AnaBeta Elites dosing instructions and dose any extra forskolin whenever convenient.
this, whenever it is convenient for you and to develop a consistent dosing time

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Here is how I would run what you have set up:

Start Forskolin by itself for 2 weeks at 50mg
Add in ABE at the beginning of week 4 and stop dosing Forskolin
Throw Forskolin back in at the end of your 8 week ABE run for 2 weeks.

Forskolin doesn't need to be ran at 100mg which is why I like the set up above personally. If you wish to add a cap of Forskolin to ABE, that's fine but I don't see a need to add two caps.

As for your last question, if you were to take Forskolin with an b-agonist there would be a synergistic effect to give maximal fat loss and obviously dosing the b-agonist or fat burner prior to exercise would be best. But for Forksolin alone, it won't matter.

avega17

Awards
  • Established

Forskolin doesn't need to be ran at 100mg which is why I like the set up above personally. If you wish to add a cap of Forskolin to ABE, that's fine but I don't see a need to add two caps.

As for your last question, if you were to take Forskolin with an b-agonist there would be a synergistic effect to give maximal fat loss and obviously dosing the b-agonist or fat burner prior to exercise would be best. But for Forksolin alone, it won't matter.
You haven't seen much of a difference between 50 and 100 mg?

kpeaceoutbye

Awards
  • Established

Run Forskolin stand alone for 50mg?? The study said 100mg and I thought that was what everyone takes as far as daily Forskolin dosing?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You haven't seen much of a difference between 50 and 100 mg?
Run Forskolin stand alone for 50mg?? The study said 100mg and I thought that was what everyone takes as far as daily Forskolin dosing?
The studies used 50mg of Forskolin.

You can go up to 100mg but it's not necessary.

kpeaceoutbye

Awards
  • Established
The studies used 50mg of Forskolin.

You can go up to 100mg but it's not necessary.
Interesting.. Why does literally every single person seem so fixated on reaching 100mg? I thought that was the consensus for like 99% of people. This is news to me.

So basically it makes zero difference in body comp between 50mg vs 100mg over 12 weeks?

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wasn't there a more recent study showing better effects dosing 100mg/day? Seem to recall that within the past year or so and why many want to get to that dose...

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting.. Why does literally every single person seem so fixated on reaching 100mg? I thought that was the consensus for like 99% of people. This is news to me.

So basically it makes zero difference in body comp between 50mg vs 100mg over 12 weeks?
Wasn't there a more recent study showing better effects dosing 100mg/day? Seem to recall that within the past year or so and why many want to get to that dose...
Honestly, not sure where the recommendation to go up to 100mg came from. More then likely someone dosed it higher and noticed greater benefits over a period of time.

IMO 50mg of Forksolin is an optimal dose and what is used in the study.

I did just find the study where they used 500mg at 10% forskolin (50mg) twice per day. But I am not sure how much greater the results were from the 50mg study when looking at body weight, lean body mass, and fat mass.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16129715

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2186495013000059

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Same study I posted above. One thing to take into consideration is the duration of 100mg used in the study compared to the study using 50mg. 8 weeks versus 12 weeks. So running forskolin for 8 weeks at 100mg may be an option but if running it at 50mg for 12 weeks, it may give the same benefits.

kpeaceoutbye

Awards
  • Established
Same study I posted above. One thing to take into consideration is the duration of 100mg used in the study compared to the study using 50mg. 8 weeks versus 12 weeks. So running forskolin for 8 weeks at 100mg may be an option but if running it at 50mg for 12 weeks, it may give the same benefits.
Awesome information to know that, helps me out a ton. Appreciate that. I hope mr.cooper69 would agree.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The only reason it matters for some people is that they have gi issues if they don't take it with food. Otherwise, functionally, it makes no difference.
Came in to say upsets some people stomachs so they say take with food to avoid that, I've taken like every percent extract available with or without food and never had any issues.
Depends for some people. I've taken 10-20% which was terrible for me, with or without food. 95% with absolutely no issues at all on empty stomach.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Incorrect:

First, see coop's corner 1: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/234939-coops-corner-1-a-3.html

Second, low % extracts are hepatotoxic as per recent data. Forskolin itself was tested in the same study and found to be perfectly safe. Always get a high % extract
Awesome information to know that, helps me out a ton. Appreciate that. I hope mr.cooper69 would agree.
I would. I always said 50mg is great, 100mg is just my personal favorite dose

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Incorrect:

First, see coop's corner 1: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/234939-coops-corner-1-a-3.html

Second, low % extracts are hepatotoxic as per recent data. Forskolin itself was tested in the same study and found to be perfectly safe. Always get a high % extract

I would. I always said 50mg is great, 100mg is just my personal favorite dose
What was incorrect about me saying dosing with or without food didn't matter? That had nothing to do with the dose size or extract?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
What was incorrect about me saying dosing with or without food didn't matter? That had nothing to do with the dose size or extract?
Can you please take the time to read the link? You said the only reason it matters is if people have GI issues. This is wrong as per the study I analyzed, as a fasted state promotes greater lipolysis when using forskolin

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Can you please take the time to read the link? You said the only reason it matters is if people have GI issues. This is wrong as per the study I analyzed, as a fasted state promotes greater lipolysis when using forskolin
Couldn't read the actual study (too small on mobile) so I was counting on your actual writing in that thread to cover but didn't see it.

kpeaceoutbye

Awards
  • Established
Gotcha. So is it better dosing like 30 mins-1 hour PRE food, or in an actual fasted state like 2+ hours away from food?

The reason I ask is because ABE contains Forskolin and you're supposed to take ABE with a heavy carb meal which is confusing heh.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I mean I usually take my abe with my two biggest carb meals which are usually close to my workout.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Gotcha. So is it better dosing like 30 mins-1 hour PRE food, or in an actual fasted state like 2+ hours away from food?

The reason I ask is because ABE contains Forskolin and you're supposed to take ABE with a heavy carb meal which is confusing heh.
With ABE it doesn't matter because lodhra bark is deactivating the enzyme that would naturally lower cAMP levels. Otherwise, just 30 min away from food is fine, it doesn't need a true fasted state like, say, yohimbine