BCAA mega-dose experiment results

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    Beo - I agree - meant no disrepct, but you just don't see kids at that age that look like that unless gear/PH's are involved and I thought I read he doesn't take them. At least that's my experience from what I've seen in my neck of the woods growing up.....
    Well, there are some ppl that grow well


  2. Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    You mind telling us your nutrition/supp routine?

    I see your workout routine above, is that your normal routine? How many sets per bodypart and reps per set?

    Oh about the experiment - you guys averaged 7 lean gained, 3 fat lost? What were the specific numbers for each of you? (If you have them.)
    Those were my numbers. I gained 7 pounds of lean mass while losing 3 pounds of fat over 4 weeks. I am attaching my basic diet and workout.

    Supp Schedule
    30 minutes Pre-Workout
    1 Serving NeuroStim plus 1 GXR

    15 minutes Pre-workout
    Shake as listed creatine (CreaForm), Diarginine-Malate (NitroCharge), 500 mg NAC

    Post Workout
    Shake as listed plus Creatine, 1 GXR, 500 mg NAC, and 1 serving NOxidant

    4 PM
    1 serving Lean Green

    Bedtime
    1 serving SesaThin, 1 GXR, and 500 mg NAC
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    •   
       


  3. Thanks. What is HSN driver?

    And are you sponsored by Scivation?

  4. See what I mean about the meticulousness: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attac...achment****9257
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attac...achment****9258

    Of course, the ability to pay that much attention to detail could be genetic as well.

  5. HSN Driver is a casein protein powder: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/hsn/driver.html

    I worked the Scivation/PrimaForce booth at the Olympia then at the Arnold and I became a Scivation/PrimaForce employee two weeks ago.
    •   
       


  6. Interesting workout routine. Any reason you do 2 chest exercises then 2 back exercises and then another 1-2 chest exercises. Is this just to allow your chest a solid rest before hitting it hard again?

    Also what are X pulldowns and beast laterals?

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Sticks
    Interesting workout routine. Any reason you do 2 chest exercises then 2 back exercises and then another 1-2 chest exercises. Is this just to allow your chest a solid rest before hitting it hard again?

    Also what are X pulldowns and beast laterals?
    Actually I alternate between chest and back exercises. So I'll do a set on incline bench then a set of pull-ups, then go back to incline bench. I alternate between most antagonist muscle groups, which allows each muscle to rest more and saves time.

    Those are two of my secret exercises

  8. So that table that you gave, is that your complete diet, it comes up to around 3000 cals so I am assuming so, just doesnt seem like much real food until you get to the middle of the day, I am guessing that is because you work out in the morning? Is that your maintenance diet? How tall are you and what do you weigh?
  9. ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday
    ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday's Avatar

    I think I know what the two secret exercises may be!!!!! One of them I think can be found in the last MD if what I think is right and I have a feeling Beast Laterals may be like something Mr. Charles Class uses....hehehe....am I right Derek!

  10. Wow man you look good, i like the log detail also.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Derek_aka_Beast
    Actually I alternate between chest and back exercises. So I'll do a set on incline bench then a set of pull-ups, then go back to incline bench. I alternate between most antagonist muscle groups, which allows each muscle to rest more and saves time.

    Those are two of my secret exercises
    Are you taking any rest between each exercise. Or do you super set them and do chest then back w/out resting and then rest before the next super set.

    It just looks like a really long and high volume workout. Not sure if i could productively work through +20 sets during a single workout (but then i've never tried). Doing supersets would obviously help as they would be faster. How long does it normally take you to comlete a workout?

    What are your thoughts on training to failure?

  12. subscribe

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Nate Dawg
    So that table that you gave, is that your complete diet, it comes up to around 3000 cals so I am assuming so, just doesnt seem like much real food until you get to the middle of the day, I am guessing that is because you work out in the morning? Is that your maintenance diet? How tall are you and what do you weigh?
    Yes, this was around my maintenance cals. I put my cals at maintenance to really test what how doses of BCAA would do, as I would gain if my cals were higher with or without the BCAA.

    I workout in the morning, so I use shakes/whey surrounding my workout.

    I am 5'10" and 212 pounds right now.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by MaNiaK1027
    I think I know what the two secret exercises may be!!!!! One of them I think can be found in the last MD if what I think is right and I have a feeling Beast Laterals may be like something Mr. Charles Class uses....hehehe....am I right Derek!
    I don't read MD and I have no clue what Charles Glass does, so I couldn't tell you.

    BTW, did you get my email?

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Sticks
    Are you taking any rest between each exercise. Or do you super set them and do chest then back w/out resting and then rest before the next super set.

    It just looks like a really long and high volume workout. Not sure if i could productively work through +20 sets during a single workout (but then i've never tried). Doing supersets would obviously help as they would be faster. How long does it normally take you to comlete a workout?

    What are your thoughts on training to failure?
    I should have metioned that I do not train to failure; I stop a rep or so shy of failure.

    I rest about 1-1.5 minutes between chest/back (Tris/bis, shoulders/traps, quads/calves) exercises when I am going for 3-5 reps and 1 minute when I am going for 6-10 reps.

    My workouts take about 70 minutes.
  16. ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday
    ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek_aka_Beast
    BTW, did you get my email?
    Yup, just trying to write up a detailed email back....will have a reply today bro! Thanks again!

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Derek_aka_Beast
    I should have metioned that I do not train to failure; I stop a rep or so shy of failure.

    I rest about 1-1.5 minutes between chest/back (Tris/bis, shoulders/traps, quads/calves) exercises when I am going for 3-5 reps and 1 minute when I am going for 6-10 reps.

    My workouts take about 70 minutes.
    I figured that you weren't training to failure as that would be one hell of a workout. I've been training high volume low frequency for so long, I feel like I really need to change things up. Not really sure where i'm gonna go next though. Was thinking about trying DC's style of training but your routine has gotten me thinking as well. Thanks for the info.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Nate Dawg
    Try wrapping your knees super tight, my buddy knox was having knee problems and started wrapping his knees and it helped the problem 100%. It is kinda weird at first because you cant feel your feet due to lack of blood flow but you get used to it. Sorry bout the hijack.
    <hijack>

    be careful when employing this technique, kids. feeling your feet is a GOOD thing. you only have to look at that photo of the squatter who broke his ankle in two and had the bar land on his neck ONCE to revise your position on this...

    </hijack>
  19. ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday
    ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday's Avatar

    What picture....of Jean Pierre Fux?

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Derek_aka_Beast

    Those are two of my secret exercises
    Can I guess what they are? I'm gonna say that X-pulldowns are just lat pulls with your arms crossed and beast lateral raises are holding the dumbbell with a supinated grip you raise all the way above your head to hit your traps and delts. Am I right?
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
    -=The Big Squirrel Nut Swingers=-

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Derek_aka_Beast
    ....I alternate between most antagonist muscle groups, which allows each muscle to rest more and saves time.....
    Gonna have to give this a shot. I spend waaaay too much time in the gym for the amount of volume I work with

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Aeternitatis
    Can I guess what they are? I'm gonna say that X-pulldowns are just lat pulls with your arms crossed and beast lateral raises are holding the dumbbell with a supinated grip you raise all the way above your head to hit your traps and delts. Am I right?
    No sir.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by MaNiaK1027
    What picture....of Jean Pierre Fux?
    saw it in a guy's avatar. dont remember what board it was. ****ing brutal. fux is a bodybuilder, right? this was a powerlifter, if BF% is the main aesthetic difference. he was all crumpled up on the ground, so it was a little hard to make out details. man i am wincing just thinking about it.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Aeternitatis
    just lat pulls with your arms crossed
    ouch.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Derek_aka_Beast
    No sir.
    So, are you gonna write an e-book with all your secret techniques?
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
    -=The Big Squirrel Nut Swingers=-
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. BCAA timing, dosing, results.....
    By Jmuls in forum Supplements
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 03:56 PM
  2. mega dosing bcaa's/eaa's? purple wraath?
    By charger71 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-15-2007, 01:23 AM
  3. BCAA Mega-dose
    By dr ozz in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-11-2006, 08:34 AM
  4. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 01-21-2006, 11:46 AM
  5. Superdrol/BCAA mega-dosing
    By deftone in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-02-2005, 05:49 PM
Log in
Log in