Negative effects from PWO?

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone else notice losing strength, motivation from taking a PWO?

I've gone a good 4-5 weeks with no supplements, excluding creatine and a long black before training and my strength shot through the roof.

1-2 wreks ago, started taking a PWO again, 2 different brands and I feel tired during my work out, and weak.

I've noticed this before, wondering if stimulants have a negative effect on me and maybe should source a stim free PWO and just add the coffee?

Dalmore

Dalmore

Awards
Do you sleep the same? Some will have reduced sleep due to all the psychoactive drugs (Caffeine, Synepherine, Ephedrine, DMAA, etc...)

What's the PWO you're taking?

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Taking too much stims, can over time effect your CNS. Making you feel worn down and tired.
Especially if its got stronger stims in it then caffeine, like Synerpherine, DMAA, or Yohimbine.

Sometimes taking a stim break can help your CNS get back to normal.

Personally I like a good Stim Free PWO like OL Conqu3r Stim Free and just add a coffee with it.

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/p-15638-olympus-labs-conqu3r-demigod-stim-free.aspx

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anyone else notice losing strength, motivation from taking a PWO?

I've gone a good 4-5 weeks with no supplements, excluding creatine and a long black before training and my strength shot through the roof.

1-2 wreks ago, started taking a PWO again, 2 different brands and I feel tired during my work out, and weak.

I've noticed this before, wondering if stimulants have a negative effect on me and maybe should source a stim free PWO and just add the coffee?
If you list the exact products maybe we can help a bit more.

Outside of that, if coffee seems to do the trick then just take a non-stim pre or grab your favorite pre-workout ergogens and take them with your coffee. :thumbsup:

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've kinda just went to NO boosting pre workouts and they get me pumped but I don't get that crash or tired feeling

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have experienced this a lot when using hard stim PREs or PREs with 300+mgs of caffiene. Even after stim brakes i still get this. So i stopped using those type of PREs. I like conqu3r stim free a lot. The only strong stim that doesn't do this is Dexedrine aka D-Amphetamine(got a script for ADHD)

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree with everything above. I was a PWO junkie. Every workout for 2-3 years straight. Started having stomach issues and fatigue. Dropped everything for past 8 months. Now I only take when I need the pickmeup. Works as needed again.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you list the exact products maybe we can help a bit more.

Outside of that, if coffee seems to do the trick then just take a non-stim pre or grab your favorite pre-workout ergogens and take them with your coffee. :thumbsup:
This.

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
Only real side effect could be anxiety. Make sure you cycle them properly and ur gtg

Ergonine or Conquer stim free with ur coffee or caffeine tabs would be great

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Adrenal fatigue isn't a real thing.

It may be more placebo than anything. Wouldn't make sense that coffee would be ok, but caffeine anhydrous found in most pre-workout isn't.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

It may be more placebo than anything. Wouldn't make sense that coffee would be ok, but caffeine anhydrous found in most pre-workout isn't.
Bull sh!t

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bull sh!t
Brilliant retort.

No one in the medical community believes in adrenal fatigue. Mayo Clinic says there is no proof. There's actually been extensive discussions on this, I believe a year or two ago.

It's broscience that has been sold to consumers to sell supplements to fix it, they created a problem that doesn't exist to sell your snake oil.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
This^ but a lot of people are susceptible to this kind of stuff. There is a Chem teacher who plays with the kids throughout the year and by the end some of them think the earth is flat. It's a good way to get them thinking ;)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Still just wondering what OP used. Other stims than caffeine may alter how it makes him feel. Also some other "cognitive enhancers" can make people feel foggy, etc at certain doses, depending on the person.

Either way ya it's not adrenal fatigue, especially if caffeine from coffee is felt perfectly fine.

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It can definitely be other things, I'm not saying it's all in his head. I don't touch any stims other than caffeine because I'm on adderal xr for narcolepsy.

I know yohimbe used to make me cold, weak, and nauseous sometimes.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Brilliant retort.

No one in the medical community believes in adrenal fatigue. Mayo Clinic says there is no proof. There's actually been extensive discussions on this, I believe a year or two ago.

It's broscience that has been sold to consumers to sell supplements to fix it, they created a problem that doesn't exist to sell your snake oil.
It doesn't happen form short term use of stims but i promise you its real there is studies done in it(none human tho) it happens over long period of time with heavy stim or drug use causing the adrenal to grow larger to compensate.

I didn't say he has adrenal fatigue and i don't think he has it but it is very real. Most common in drug users.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
I think it depends on what your taking. I've noticed strength reduced in the gym when I was taking things that affected my blood sugar too much negatively. Are you drinking enough water?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Confirmed stim lover here. I've noticed that "more" PWO is not "better" (even though you don't feel the effects due to tolerance buildup). Dosing too much stimulant kind of feels like it "dulls" the senses. This dulling effect, for me, reduces the weight lifting capability. I think Mr Cooper had a thread on this last year.

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
I haven't had preworkout in over a month and my workouts have never been better. I usually workout right after work and I mix up my Ergonine for the day and sip it on the drive. I'm finding that I have more steady energy and focus without the crash. Could be more that I fuel my workouts with all the day's anger and frustration instead and that pushes me harder. Tough to tell but i've learned that mental motivation beats preworkouts all day every day.

NEBinAK

NEBinAK

Awards
I have the opposite effect, preworkouts have me feeling great, not that I don't lift without them occasionally but I'd say 85% of the time I use either 1 or more pre's stacked together. Usually go with a stimmed and a non stim or a ready made and add bulks until it is exactly what I want.

Didn't see if you mentioned the pre's you were taking but it's seems like that's not very long to be burnt out on stims if you are using the products the recommended way.

all I can say is try a non stim if you feel you have to take something.