Am I wasting my ArA away?

Hyperfluxe

Awards
So I know that lots of people ask this but everyone says something different. I wake up 5:30am and train 6:30am, so I take some liquid carbs (10g waxy maize) + 10g carbs from oats + 10g BCAA's, and my workouts are two hours daily. I need a bit of fuel to lift. I take 1.5g ArA with GMS/carnitine 45 mins pre in a completely fasted state, and then take my preworkout shake (carbs + BCAA's) about 15 mins before I lift. Does this cause my ArA to be wasted and deposited into adipose tissue because of insulin?

Dr. Cooper said that it doesn't matter a whole lot if you're taking it with carbs/amino acids provided that you lift after and he was sick of hearing people ask, but there isn't a single direct thread on this so I thought I'd ask.

If this is wasting my ArA, what should I do to make this work for me and have some glucose in my system? Training fasted is out of the question. Maybe intraworkout? Thanks guys.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No, it is still effective. People did it this way for years before the new method was introduce. It's just not as effective. How much better is ArA fasted compared to with carbs? Not sure. Honestly I've never really noticed a difference.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No it won't be deposited into adipose tissue. And intra-workout carbs are fine with ArA.

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
Yah Id say don't worry about it. If the supplement was that finicky it wouldn't be popular at all.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Highly doubt you'd notice a difference between the two methods.

You could also just take all your carbs intrawo with some BCAAs if you really want to play it safe.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Im doubtful anyone will be able to give you a definitive, quantifiable answer here OP (ie youre only getting 958mg of your total ArA intake into skeletal muscle etc).

Within reason, and going by your particular scenario, I think it safe to say that:

maximising your workout performance > worrying about maximising ArA uptake

Hyperfluxe

Awards
Alright, sounds good. The problem is that these 20g of carbs are consumed preworkout 15 mins PRIOR to lifting weights, not intraworkout, so I was just worried I was wasting $100. So the conclusion is that it's suboptimal, but not a game breaker?

mr.cooper69 pls reply :(