Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
so...last week i see that krogers is now carrying quest bars for $2.79 a bar, i thought that was a little high so i kept checking to see if they were on sale. well..today i see that krogers is no longer going to carry them and was clearancing them out for $0.49..........i bought 40 bars!!!

pro-exp date isn't until 05/10/16
con-only 2 flavors, cookies and cream and s'mores...i bought 20 of each!!!

just tried a cookies and cream and it was pretty good!!!

$20 for 40 quest bars is a good deal, right....lol!!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Damn you sure luck out on a lot of deals T!
krogers is my happy place, lol!!!

went back today and found 3 more mk-7 for $1.89 each-jarrow formulas 90 mcg, 60 softgels!!!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dang that's an insane deal. I would have bought all of them. Good news is those flavors are two of the best imo

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Dang that's an insane deal. I would have bought all of them. Good news is those flavors are two of the best imo
haven't tried the s'mores yet, but cookies and cream was very good!!!

there were probably 6 boxes left, i figured i would give others a chance-if they are still there tomorrow i will snag some more...

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Soooo jealous! Cookie dough is the absolute best!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good deal. I'm not much of a cookies and cream fan, but they nailed that flavor. S'mores is average at best. If you really want to enjoy them, throw them in the microwave for 8-13 seconds or bakes them at 325 for 5 minutes.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would jump on that deal! I'm planning on getting some at strong supplement shop though here soon!

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just found them the other day at the Kroger near me. I'll have to keep a watch on them!

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
My Kroger has them, but still at $2.79. I'll keep going back. Thanks for the tip.

clown007

clown007

Awards
A friend at work slices them and bakes them to make crispy little protein cookie wafers. Pretty great treat and a way to change up the bar!

TheFugitive

TheFugitive

Awards
CCCD is their best tasting bar but after eating Fit Crunch and Combat bars they're pretty bad

And please don't say look at the profile

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn Tom. Killer deal. Try microwaving them for a few seconds before eating them. They get even better!

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's a good quality these days

I do about 65 hrs a week myself
I can't even track it. It seems like 24/7 365. I got people wanting stuff on Xmas day. :lol:

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I can't even track it. It seems like 24/7 365. I got people wanting stuff on Xmas day. :lol:
Obviously. We all do - Presents ;)

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, caught fire today. We had one last month that did 44 million. If only had a penny for each....

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Screen Shot 2015-06-13 at 10.51.21 PM.png

This one is still going...nuts.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Funny part, I posted that at 6:30 on Memorial Day.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not many people with his work ethic. Seriously.
Agreed. He will probably be one of those teachers who teaches for summer school! Lol. Definitely not for me. I admire people with that drive as it is a rarity these days.

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
Brother that's a steal, love the damn cookies n cream one. And smores is def above average, and I am a smores flavor junkie, worst thing ever to be made were the smoreos, I nailed 2 whole packs in 1.5 days hahaha, cheat city

Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
i love the cookies and cream ones. CCCD are probably the best though. still want to try s'mores, the choc mint sounds terrible tho

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
i love the cookies and cream ones. CCCD are probably the best though. still want to try s'mores, the choc mint sounds terrible tho
Cccd is def the best. Smores is up there tho. Really really good.

Mint choc is ok but hit or miss based on the chunks you get. Lots and it's like a Girl Scout cookie and pretty good, not many and it's boring.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established

Mint choc is ok but hit or miss based on the chunks you get. Lots and it's like a Girl Scout cookie and pretty good, not many and it's boring.
I only had one and it was so hard and chunky compared to other quest bars. It was pretty good but still like 4th place for me. I want to try the cl venture bars. I think they're due to be out within the month.

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

^this.

I tried Krave bars a while back and those were really good (French toast = hnnnggg). They changed the name to Krave now, want to try the birthday cake but they don't ship to Canada

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My Kroger has them, but still at $2.79. I'll keep going back. Thanks for the tip.
i went back today to buy more in the clearance section-they were all gone...so i went over to the regular section where they keep protein bars and there were all the other flavors at $2.79..so i guess the clearance price was just for the cookies and cream, and s'mores flavors.

check and see if they have those flavors at your krogers....both of the krogers here where i live have a closeout/clearance section, i am always finding great deals there---they don't just mark 10 or 15 cents off, usually they mark stuff down at least by half!!!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
^this.

I tried Krave bars a while back and those were really good (French toast = hnnnggg). They changed the name to Krave now, want to try the birthday cake but they don't ship to Canada
Never even heard of these. I'll have to look them up. Bday cake anything is my favorite.

Except actual bday cake haha. I hate cake.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A friend at work slices them and bakes them to make crispy little protein cookie wafers. Pretty great treat and a way to change up the bar!
It is nice to change it up like that. They can be cut into little cookies, make ice cream sandwiches out of them, use them as a base for baked goods, etc. Another good way to use them is to quickly warm one and put it in a very hot bowl of oatmeal, it gives it a nice melting texture. Cut them into pieces first.

Bob, how many companies do you work for? 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 or 10
Not many people with his work ethic. Seriously.
This. Not only does he have good work ethic on the boards, but as far as I know, he substitute teaches and works at Five Guys and still finds a way to work online and have a life.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great steal. I can't believe you didn't snag them all.

Publix carries them here. Always C&C, and depending on which Publix they'll have another flavor or two

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
i went back today to buy more in the clearance section-they were all gone...so i went over to the regular section where they keep protein bars and there were all the other flavors at $2.79..so i guess the clearance price was just for the cookies and cream, and s'mores flavors.

check and see if they have those flavors at your krogers....both of the krogers here where i live have a closeout/clearance section, i am always finding great deals there---they don't just mark 10 or 15 cents off, usually they mark stuff down at least by half!!!
Ok, I need to see if they have a Clearance section. I first went to the Vitamin area and was bummed - no Quest. Then I went to the "Health Food" area and saw them, but full price. I also have a Meijer that carries them, but same full price. I'm just going to get off my lazy 'virtual' a$$ and buy that Fiber, Prebiotic Syrup and make my own, damn it! :) Thanks for the Clearance area tip.

IKnightowl

Awards
Is it me or did Quest bars taste and color change. I have bought boxes from different stores in my city and onine and continue to get the same thing so this can't be just a bad batch.

First the color is a little whiter on all bars especially CCCD and Banana and it has a grittier taste to it that it never had before.

I used to love them which is why I continued to try boxes from different retailers but I may have to switch brands if this continues

Anyone else notice this?

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Awesome deal, BigT...CnC was alright for me, loved the S'mores...and was really impressed with the strawberry cheesecake flavor...

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When they're priced like that, you buy them all -- regardless of flavor lol.

I usually try to shoot for ~1.50 a bar when I'm scouting out deals to stock up and they're worth it to me at that. I'll have to see if our Krogers' have closeout sections; never noticed it before.

Flavors I've tried so far are:

• cookies and cream
  • smores
  • double chocolate chunk
  • chocolate chip cookie dough
  • chocolate brownie
  • apple pie
  • PB & J
  • cinnamon roll
  • coconut cashew
  • strawberry cheesecake
I generally try to order a new flavor along with a couple boxes of what I know I like. My favorite is apple pie. It is so wonderful (better than I'd expected). cookie dough is great, too -- depends on my mood as far as which of those 2 I'd choose. Brownie is actually kind of disappointing to me -- tastes very similar to most protein bars. The coconut cashew isn't bad, just is a very, very subtle flavor.

Can't wait to try mint :)

Oh, and never, NEVER buy the chips...lol

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When they're priced like that, you buy them all -- regardless of flavor lol.

I usually try to shoot for ~1.50 a bar when I'm scouting out deals to stock up and they're worth it to me at that. I'll have to see if our Krogers' have closeout sections; never noticed it before.

Flavors I've tried so far are:

• cookies and cream
  • smores
  • double chocolate chunk
  • chocolate chip cookie dough
  • chocolate brownie
  • apple pie
  • PB & J
  • cinnamon roll
  • coconut cashew
  • strawberry cheesecake
I generally try to order a new flavor along with a couple boxes of what I know I like. My favorite is apple pie. It is so wonderful (better than I'd expected). cookie dough is great, too -- depends on my mood as far as which of those 2 I'd choose. Brownie is actually kind of disappointing to me -- tastes very similar to most protein bars. The coconut cashew isn't bad, just is a very, very subtle flavor.

Can't wait to try mint :)

Oh, and never, NEVER buy the chips...lol
I like brownie, but after double chocolate chunk came out would never buy it again only at an insane price.
And I liked the chips lol

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Oh, the homemade 'Quest bar' project, in ON! :)

amazon.com/Fiberyum-IMO-Syrup-Sweetener-Isomalto-oligosaccharide/dp/B00XQMAC48/ref=sr_1_cc_4?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1434384776&sr=1-4-catcorr&keywords=Vitafiber (Looks like a more affordable 'Vitafiber' substitute?)

amazon.com/Freshware-CB-104RD-6-Cavity-Cornbread-Cheesecake/dp/B003VFUY0C/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1434384522&sr=1-2&keywords=Vitafiber

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like brownie, but after double chocolate chunk came out would never buy it again only at an insane price.
And I liked the chips lol
I made the mistake of trying double chocolate chunk first and just picked up brownie on this last batch. So I suppose had I not had that, maybe I like it. But it's more that Quest bars taste better than most run of the mill protein bars (think the Pure Protein ones at Walmart). Brownie tastes almost like one of those, so that was a let down.

But those chips....yuck! lol

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm not a chocolate guy, but brownie...OMG. Heat it and it is just like a fresh brownie.