Milligram scales suck

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
I have a aws Gemini 20 scale. I just bought this a month ago. This is the 4th one I've bought that I like that actually reads milligrams. The rest I wasted money on, don't read low amounts. Does anyone know a way to fix these when they flash different numbers with the same mg of powder? I'm so frustrated by these scales. I use the same spoons and scoops to make it easier and I just write it down.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I have a aws Gemini 20 scale. I just bought this a month ago. This is the 4th one I've bought that I like that actually reads milligrams. The rest I wasted money on, don't read low amounts. Does anyone know a way to fix these when they flash different numbers with the same mg of powder? I'm so frustrated by these scales. I use the same spoons and scoops to make it easier and I just write it down.
How much is it fluctuating by?

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been looking at some of those myself to measure out bulk nootropics. Sorry to hear you are having trouble :(

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Very sensitive scales can be disrupted by dust, air, particles etc. So depending how accurate your scale is this may be an issue. Most scales of that accuracy already have a surrounding shield to block air/dust etc.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah they are very sensitive. An old one I had to throw out because the battery leaked had the same problem. Someone just walking by could change the display. Also, did you calibrate it?. That can help. You might have to re-calibrate every once in awhile.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yea they are so sensitive and so hard to get exactly right. Almost have to recalibrate it everytime you use it ha

GD67

GD67

Awards
I bought a American Weigh Scales GPR-20 on Amazon in Dec. 2012. I use it at least once everyday and it still works fine and is accurate. I may have been lucky and didn't get a dud. I weigh several powders daily to make a 40 oz. "energy drink". Buying everything in bulk is a huge money saver.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
I always calibrate it and use new battery because it always sucks the life out of the batteries. I can't ever weight yohimbe hcl it's too light. It's always on a flat surface that doesn't move. Even when trying to calibrate it, the numbers are jumping around and flashing.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I always calibrate it and use new battery because it always sucks the life out of the batteries. I can't ever weight yohimbe hcl it's too light. It's always on a flat surface that doesn't move. Even when trying to calibrate it, the numbers are jumping around and flashing.
Buy capsules and uncap

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
That's a good idea but I love the ones I bought already. It comes with the yellow scoop but it's so small.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've used the same US TNT Pro scale weekly for the last 5 years. Solid as a rock and always accurate.

tasuja

Awards
Put some open books or folders around it to block the air flow, if it is an area with a lot of current or directly in the path of a AC vent, it will cause it to fluctuate.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bought that one back in 2013 -- still works great.
I have that same scale and it works great. I also have an American Weigh scale (200g capacity x 0.01g) that I use for larger servings of supplements that need to be less precise (and to see how accurate the scoops that come with products are, since they're not always spot-on or even close at times). I'm pleased with both scales.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
When you calibrate it, do you weigh with weights on the dish or not?? On you tube i saw the guy not using the dish to calibrate .

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It makes no difference. You are either calibrating with the weight of the dish or not, but either way it zeros out.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
That's a good idea but I love the ones I bought already. It comes with the yellow scoop but it's so small.
Yohimbine is a mg gram product. The scoop needs to be small

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Never had any issue with my scale. Got it from a jewelry shop

GD67

GD67

Awards
I used to weigh my Y but now I'm comfortable just using a heaping red scoop. This was my trick: I used one of the 10 gram calibration weights with a piece of tin foil forming a tiny cup wrapped around the top of the weight. My scale is a 20 gram maximum scale so at just 15 mg. it isn't nearly as accurate as it is at its mid-capacity.

I haven't needed to re-calibrate my scale in months and it's still nearly dead on if I put 10 grams on it.

I just jinxed myself. Tomorrow it'll crap out on me.

Joedoubledose

Joedoubledose

Awards
Learn how to sell drugs and your problems with scales will forever be solved .

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
^^ I offer wonder how they could get it right when the scales mess up constantly.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
Nutra planet yohimbine hcl sucked. How do weigh with the tin foil on the weight? I tried it. When you use your scale do you guys leave the 10 gram weight in the whole on the scale or not? I never have, it never changed anything.

Joedoubledose

Joedoubledose

Awards
You only use a weight to calibrate a scale , you rarely ever do this . You simply zero a scale out(Tare) and put what ever you want on the scale. Keep in mind a fan or an uneven surface can throw these things off .its really not that hard yall...

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
^^ all this I know already. He said it was, to not have any issues he used the tin foil. My scales always get messed up. I do buy a lot if supplement powders and make my diet pills, so I probably need to weigh things more than most. Not a couple times a year.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
And my diet pills have 10 ingredients so it's no easy task to make those ****ers. I have tried many different doses with all ingredients also. I actually am tired making them, takes to long and I need a chopstick to smash every down to fit in the biggest pill they make.

Joedoubledose

Joedoubledose

Awards
They do make pill presses and things to capsule pills. And you shouldn't have to recalibrate a scale that often it's only if you were messing with the actual scales weighing surface

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And my diet pills have 10 ingredients so it's no easy task to make those ****ers. I have tried many different doses with all ingredients also. I actually am tired making them, takes to long and I need a chopstick to smash every down to fit in the biggest pill they make.
How many different supplements do you take daily?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've used powders where I'm measuring every single day for months at a time and haven't had problems vs. just doing it once in a while.

And if you're putting 10 ingredients in a pill, you can always split stuff up, too (hence why some products have a dose of 3/4/5/etc. pills per serving).

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
I'm counting now. 11 supplements before bed, plus 10 others before bed. 13 before the gym. Plus 8 during the day. So 40 supplements, plus valerian root and melontonin before bed. My diet pills have 10 ingredients but I'm just counting as 1.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
ATTACH]120442[/ATTACH] That wouldn't work for me, doing it your way. I take 4, 000 pills together when I wake up. This is all the ingredients I use to make my stimulants. Even after 1 year the color of the ingredients changes and the smell of them too.

Attachments

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
I've never seen the pill presses for the pill size I use. I think I know what your taking about but those are for 1 ingredient and a card to smooth it out. That wouldn't work as I have so many. Everything has to weighed and written down and written on my container, so I know how many scoops to use. I have a little funnel I use.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks like dipping sauces to me.

Wings for everyone!

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
I hate making them for the week. It's so time consuming and boring. I watched a lot of soa making these pills to keep me motivated. The price to be thin.

Joedoubledose

Joedoubledose

Awards
Ehhh pills are gonna help , diet is the main focus .

Joedoubledose

Joedoubledose

Awards
Just saying as it sounds like all these pills you are taking for "the price to be thin" when the majority of that is gonna come from diet not supplementation or holistic medicine