Nootropics

MassMonster76

Awards
what are the best both herbal and pharma grade when it comes to getting your focus on

what would be the best single ingredient as well as what would be a great stack for studying or mind muscle connection

thanks

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would go with phenibut xt by sns if I were you. It's a pretty good nootropic product by a quality company. We carry it at Strong Supplement Shop as well.

PharmAnalyst

PharmAnalyst

Awards
  • Established
SNS makes a great combo supp, Focus XT, that has pretty much everything you could want in a nootropic/focus supplement. Great for workouts too, just don't combine with yohimbine.

Acetyl L-carnitine is a great single ingredient. Helps focus quite a bit. I'm a big fan of 7,8-Dihydroxyflavone as well. It isn't one you really "feel" but I notice overall improvements in memory and cognition when I use it.

A good stack would be Focus XT +7,8- DHF.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Focus XT trumps pretty much everything out there.

Single ingredient though phenylpiracetam. Strong killer stuff though you desensitize quickly to it so has to be used sparingly

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
As everyone above has said, focus xt is pretty much the most comprehensive.

SNS has a few other options including phenylpiracetam and our brand new Noopept XT. There's logging promo too if you like free things in return for a few posts a week ;)

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All of the suggestions above are money :). I can't wait to try the new Noopept XT myself :)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
what are the best both herbal and pharma grade when it comes to getting your focus on

what would be the best single ingredient as well as what would be a great stack for studying or mind muscle connection

thanks
Focus XT and Noopept XT. Be prepared to bend objects with your mind ;)

Alex281

Alex281

Awards
  • Established
Noopept
Phenylpiracetam
Adrafinil/Modafinil
Alcar
Coluracetam
Galantamine
Pikatropin

digitalpimp

digitalpimp

Awards
  • Established
Phenylpiracetam is the ****! Feels like I can dodge bullets like on The Matrix! Lol

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Focus XT and Noopept XT. Be prepared to bend objects with your mind ;)
Ok...this is an area that I've never really got into so can someone tell me what extra this stuff does and what is the feeling you get?

Obviously I spend a lot of time in front of the computer and coding can be an absolute drain...would this help and how long do the effects last?

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Ok...this is an area that I've never really got into so can someone tell me what extra this stuff does and what is the feeling you get?

Obviously I spend a lot of time in front of the computer and coding can be an absolute drain...would this help and how long do the effects last?
i would say with focus XT there is a noticeable boost for three hours or so. Its a mental sharpness Imo like a Adderall light. I would love to see what Noopept xt with focus xt does when stacked. I have read that Noopept helps clear the "mental fog" that can build when you are over worked or under rested so I imagine when combined with the stimulation that focus xt provides it could help you through those long days when you are feeling drained.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

The feeling you get is it makes it easier for you to complete thoughts. Ideas come easier and things are easier to articulate. It may help you code faster because it allows you to "think on your feet". As far as how long it lasts that can vary. Also it can work better the more you take it, having a cumulative effect. For instance, right now I haven't taken any and I have "brain fog". A scoop or two would clear that right up. You can take it with food, but it works a whole lot better on an empty stomach.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
i would say with focus XT there is a noticeable boost for three hours or so. Its a mental sharpness Imo like a Adderall light. I would love to see what Noopept xt with focus xt does when stacked. I have read that Noopept helps clear the "mental fog" that can build when you are over worked or under rested so I imagine when combined with the stimulation that focus xt provides it could help you through those long days when you are feeling drained.
Is its like a caffeine high or what you feel with some pre workouts? Some of those things can drastically change your attitude from one of "I'm in a rut" to "Im a god and I can conquer all"....but its short lived. :lol:

Just not sure how these things make you feel and quite honestly I've always been wary of any chemical that hints of altering your mental state.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
The feeling you get is it makes it easier for you to complete thoughts. Ideas come easier and things are easier to articulate. It may help you code faster because it allows you to "think on your feet". As far as how long it lasts that can vary. Also it can work better the more you take it, having a cumulative effect. For instance, right now I haven't taken any and I have "brain fog". A scoop or two would clear that right up. You can take it with food, but it works a whole lot better on an empty stomach.
What are the health implications of something like this? Any long term effects that we know of? I got a millions things going on at the moment and I'm getting a bit overwhelmed with the amount of work and this sounded like it would sharpen the mind a bit and help me focus more rather than thinking about 50 things at once.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

I am the same, I am currently coding my own website which takes an absolute mental drain but I regularly use nootropics to keep me focused, learning and help with memory recall.

The idea behind it is that it increases spatial memory/ learning (useful for programmers as they need to visualize how the code will look once finished) but also your memory (formation, storage and speed of recall by strengthening the synapses between two neurons).

Noopept or Phenylpiracetam sounds like it would be a good fit for you as they have slight psychostimulatory effect as well (Antaeus labs produce Demiurge with is phenyl).

FWIW Alcar, Huperzine A and Choline are also great for memory, particularly as we get older as those levels naturally decline. ALCAR and Choline for longer term use, Huperzine A for shorter term use)

As for how long the effects can last, I would expect several hours (it metabolizes into cycloprolylglycine which helps with the mental benefits as well).

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What are the health implications of something like this? Any long term effects that we know of? I got a millions things going on at the moment and I'm getting a bit overwhelmed with the amount of work and this sounded like it would sharpen the mind a bit and help me focus more rather than thinking about 50 things at once.
I'm not sure if there are any health implications or long term effects. I think furion might be able to help you more in this regard though.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Is its like a caffeine high or what you feel with some pre workouts? Some of those things can drastically change your attitude from one of "I'm in a rut" to "Im a god and I can conquer all"....but its short lived. :lol:

Just not sure how these things make you feel and quite honestly I've always been wary of any chemical that hints of altering your mental state.
For me Caffeine is more of a body energy these mental stimulating nootropics give me energy in a different way, more of an attitude changer but with the ones I have tried it is a longer lasting feeling with no crash. As far as long term effects I have not read of any negative effects from prolonged use.

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
http://www.ageforce.com/supplements/memory-enhancer

These patches have helped me tremendously stay focused without a tweaker feel. They give a very good "mind clearing" high. My dad has been using them since Dec after a bad car wreck with multiple surgeries and permanent brain damage. His doctor and Physical Therapist both have notice a huge improvement in memory,motor skills, being able multi task and doing things second nature. He also notices more of an"alert" feel. They come on in 20 min and last 8hrs.

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
For what it's worth if you google "noopept memory loss" there is some anecdotal evidence of such, but such is the nature of anything that doesn't have much information based on people with normal cognitive functions.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I would go with phenibut xt by sns if I were you. It's a pretty good nootropic product by a quality company. We carry it at Strong Supplement Shop as well.
Your joking with this suggestion right?

furion

furion

Awards
  • Established
There is really a paucity of actual credible evidence for long term effects for most of the popular 'racetam' used as nootropics. However there is reasonable data on the levetiracetam (brand name Keppra) as an adjuvant anticonvulsant. If one were to assume this relevant to other racetams (although the MOA is not completely elucidated- I would personally assume it most fittingly applicable) then the long term data suggests very little adverse events and high safety profile. There has been implications in pathology of mood disorders with long term use- however this finding is confounded by the exclusive populations groups tested (those with learning disabilities).

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
There is really a paucity of actual credible evidence for long term effects for most of the popular 'racetam' used as nootropics. However there is reasonable data on the levetiracetam (brand name Keppra) as an adjuvant anticonvulsant. If one were to assume this relevant to other racetams (although the MOA is not completely elucidated- I would personally assume it most fittingly applicable) then the long term data suggests very little adverse events and high safety profile. There has been implications in pathology of mood disorders with long term use- however this finding is confounded by the exclusive populations groups tested (those with learning disabilities).
Everytime I read a 'furion' post i feel like I didn't go to school. I never had to use that many Google search for one post.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Everytime I read a 'furion' post i feel like I didn't go to school. I never had to use that many Google search for one post.
It's not just you... Us "normies" are just not on his textbook level ha. He's definitely one of our more brilliant minds here (helping to bump up our cumulative average :) )

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I used some noopept from respected brand and had trouble telling if it did much honestly. May try it again from SNS using it differently (work vs studying) though.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
You and me both brother every time I feel like This
30456441.jpg