Is Phosphatidic Acid better than Creatine?

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tell me yes or no and then tell me why!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Nope.

Amounts of data and studies on creatine to benefit everything from performance to muscle mass to some cognitive markers.

More benefits, more tested, better results IMO

bb333

Awards
  • Established
trick question? for the effect muscle fullness, yes, phosphatidic is better. strength, wins the creatine.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
trick question? for the effect muscle fullness, yes, phosphatidic is better. strength, wins the creatine.
Nope, in your eyes what do you think is better. Not trying to trick at all...with all the people getting results, its a good question to ask. Both seem to be cheap supplements that work....but who's king of the hill :lol:

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tell me yes or no and then tell me why!
Unless you are a rare creatine non responder, I still think Creatine is best. Very proven, cheap ingredient. PA is only cheap if you use SL granules, but those are macros that some may not be able to fit into their diet.

roy_jones

Awards
Those who say creatine will argue based on the amount of data through testing in a variety of conditions. That doesn't make it better, necessarily, but only more studied.

The problem with something new like Phosphatidic Acid is that even if it's effects are greater than creatine, it's mostly based on anecdotal feedback. I'll bet that once more studies are done in the coming years, PA will be shown to be more effective for bodybuilding than creatine.

Keeping in mind that I imagine over 90% of AM posters would have elevated DAA into the staple category prematurely based on anecdotal feedback. That's the danger.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very true. If given the amount of time and research that creatine has, it could be just as good or better. Or not.

roy_jones

Awards
Very true. If given the amount of time and research that creatine has, it could be just as good or better. Or not.
That's also what makes it really exciting, especially given that it can be sourced cheaply like creatine.

I've been trying to remember the last time a substance showed similar promise and then fizzled. I mentioned DAA, but the principles behind it were dubious just by virtue of being in the test booster category. Even if it had worked as believed, it wouldn't have had value for the majority of natural bodybuilders. The science behind PA seems more solid to me.

I'm not sure if we're going to see a lot of investment into PA research if it's available from such a common cheap ingredient. I don't know how that works.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Nope.

Amounts of data and studies on creatine to benefit everything from performance to muscle mass to some cognitive markers.

More benefits, more tested, better results IMO
But could it be that PA hasnt yet been tested for all its benefits?

Edit: beaten to the comment haha.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Yes to all of the above

But to give an answer right now, creatine gets it
Especially anecdotally for me

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
If I were saying "what ifs"

Maybe *insert any untested extract here* is the best

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
But in this case, its PA!

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Studies schmudies :D

I choose PA, simply because Ive very clearly noticed benefits through supplementing with it. Comparitively Ive noticed absoutely nothing with creatine.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Also, I feel it might be helpful to give my own judgment proper context. In saying that PA is better than creatine (for me) Im really saying "soy lecithin granules (which contain PA) are better than creatine".

Im not sure such a comparison is actually 'fair', considering all the other beneficial phospholipids soyl contains...plus the thread is PA vs creatine, not soyl vs creatine, so...

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
If I were saying "what ifs"

Maybe *insert any untested extract here* is the best
Is caffeine a better stimulant than yohimbine or DMAA or AMP just because more studies support it?

Open to interpretation.

In any case, PA gets mine for now because its new and shiny and I likes the new

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is caffeine a better stimulant than yohimbine or DMAA or AMP just because more studies support it?
(next topic of the week)

:D

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
PA for me because creatine does nothing and I train primarily for strength.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Is caffeine a better stimulant than yohimbine or DMAA or AMP just because more studies support it? Open to interpretation. In any case, PA gets mine for now because its new and shiny and I likes the new
No lol but it needs some amount

All you mentioned above could be rated by personal experience without fail, they are stimulants and not as complex as PA in terms of monitoring the effects

Next time I will go for the "PA blows chunks" answer and site its just my opinion lol

But my experience isn't my opinion; its my way of being fair even though I got nothing from it over 4 months, I acknowledge that many others do and studies support it. But on these same grounds Creatine stands higher

(next topic of the week) :D
Do it lol

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
No lol but it needs some amount

All you mentioned above could be rated by personal experience without fail, they are stimulants and not as complex as PA in terms of monitoring the effects

Next time I will go for the "PA blows chunks" answer and site its just my opinion lol

But my experience isn't my opinion; its my way of being fair even though I got nothing from it over 4 months, I acknowledge that many others do and studies support it. But on these same grounds Creatine stands higher

Do it lol
Context and weighting play a role as well.

Reviews of creatine and performance show it has a very wide range of effectiveness, one review of 22 studies shows increases from 3% (piddly) to 43% (much awesome) which is massive variability with many sitting in the lower end of the spectrum.

Is it a useful tool? Undoubtedly. Is it the best natural perfornance agent available; debatable.

I guess thsts why the thread exists, haha.

I just like playing devils advocate more than anything

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I guess thats why the thread exists, haha.

I just like playing devils advocate more than anything

Play on :)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I hear you,
we need a bit of devil around to keep up intelligent discussion

I still have PA products kicking around here gathering dust
Trading from Canada is a pain

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Creatine greater than PA in my books. Solely because PA makes me hungry, very hungry. That is counter productive to my goals.

roy_jones

Awards
Creatine greater than PA in my books. Solely because PA makes me hungry, very hungry. That is counter productive to my goals.
It's funny you say this because I mentioned just yesterday in the PA thread that I don't know whether I will be able to stay on PA during my upcoming cut because of the increased appetite.

Driven2Lift, I'll keep an eye out for your posts on the trade thread as I'm also Canadian.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
It's funny you say this because I mentioned just yesterday in the PA thread that I don't know whether I will be able to stay on PA during my upcoming cut because of the increased appetite. Driven2Lift, I'll keep an eye out for your posts on the trade thread as I'm also Canadian.
Ok I'll work up another post there tomorrow,
Where are you?

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
PA, simply because I've never felt or had any measurable benefits while on Creatine vs being off. I still take it here and there for periods of time because it's cheap and well studied but I could live without it.

PA on the other hand (from SL dosed fairly high) I get both visual (pump) and measurable results in size and endurance.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Creatine, hands down

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
Nope, in your eyes what do you think is better. Not trying to trick at all...with all the people getting results, its a good question to ask. Both seem to be cheap supplements that work....but who's king of the hill :lol:
pa is certainly not cheap supp companies are raping people for it

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
pa is certainly not cheap supp companies are raping people for it

Raping is by force. Nobody is forcing you to buy anything...and most granules are below $10

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I really dont think this is even a fair one. Way too much experience, research, studies and applications for creatine. PA is still new on the supplement scene in relation to creatine. For the simple fact of time proven effectiveness, I go with creatine, but seriously dont think someone can answer this effectively not knowing all the same details.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed for intelligent debate... I've yet to try PA, but Im definitely a non-responder from Creatine.

Hopefully will be giving PA a try soon :)

ahawk01

ahawk01

Banned
Awards
PA is the first muscle building supplement that I've noticed a big difference while using. I probably will keep both as a staple since they're affordable options.

NewAgeMayan

Awards

But my experience isn't my opinion; its my way of being fair even though I got nothing from it over 4 months,
Just saw your trade thread...if you were running OG King Im not surprised you noticed nothing from it, I had to double dose in order to see any appreciable benefits/effects.

Ive got some PhosphaMuscle on its way, if I find I notice the same benefits with it at its standard dose, well, I know what I will tentatively be concluding about OG King.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Just saw your trade thread...if you were running OG King Im not surprised you noticed nothing from it, I had to double dose in order to see any appreciable benefits/effects. Ive got some PhosphaMuscle on its way, if I find I notice the same benefits with it at its standard dose, well, I know what I will tentatively be concluding about OG King.
Ran double dose of 2 different ones, PA content was higher than is needed

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This is an interesting one for me. I recently quit taking creatine and began taking PA.

Why stop taking creatine, you might ask? I know it's highly unlikely, and the methodology of the one study that showed this was dubious, but creatine might increase DHT levels, and I'm beginning to bald, so I decided to see if I notice decreased shedding/hair-loss by taking a break from creatine for a couple months.

It's only been 3 weeks, so I'm probably still saturated, but I have noticed a slight decline in strength, e.g. 1 less rep on heavy lifts (placebo?).

However, I have greater muscle fullness than I've ever had, and endurance hasn't gone down. I would attribute the former (and possibly the latter) to the PA.

We'll see what happens after another 3-4 weeks, but so far, I'm ok with the tradeoff!

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also, can I just say how much I love this board? I followed the bb.com forums for the last year and it's mostly reps pimping products and "hookup" threads. Here at anabolicminds, you guys are actually discussing science and results in great threads like these.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Also, can I just say how much I love this board? I followed the bb.com forums for the last year and it's mostly reps pimping products and "hookup" threads. Here at anabolicminds, you guys are actually discussing science and results in great threads like these.
yip, some of the rep/bro culture there has just about ruined that board for me, lets hope it dosnt contaminate AM

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
This is an interesting one for me. I recently quit taking creatine and began taking PA.

Why stop taking creatine, you might ask? I know it's highly unlikely, and the methodology of the one study that showed this was dubious, but creatine might increase DHT levels, and I'm beginning to bald, so I decided to see if I notice decreased shedding/hair-loss by taking a break from creatine for a couple months.

It's only been 3 weeks, so I'm probably still saturated, but I have noticed a slight decline in strength, e.g. 1 less rep on heavy lifts (placebo?).

However, I have greater muscle fullness than I've ever had, and endurance hasn't gone down. I would attribute the former (and possibly the latter) to the PA.

We'll see what happens after another 3-4 weeks, but so far, I'm ok with the tradeoff!
For whatever it's worth I've been off of Creatine for about 3 or 4 weeks now myself and have been on PA for about the same amount of time.

Not by choice, I kinda just forgot to order more Creatine on my last supp order (whoops)...

I have not lost strength but have rather hit many PRs. Endurance has increased as well as muscle fullness.

Never really noticed much from Creatine anyway. Been taking it for years primarily because it is cheap and well studied.

DoubleM101

DoubleM101

Awards
  • Established
I never noticed much from Creatine, to not say nothing.. However last time i tried a different brand and i got some nice gains. I notice some mild strengh gains and a mild weight increase.

I´m still taking it, however about 3 weeks ago, i started PA (NOW lecithin granules) and i really notice a great strength increase. I´m hitting PR´s and got a nice energy to workout. Not really energy, it´s hard to explain. It´s more like a well being state, like my nervous system was working like it should work during the workouts. I suffer off anxiety and i notice a lot of times i had no "energy" neither strength during the workouts. Sorry but i can´t explain better and english isn´t my main language.

About the pump, even today a girl told me i was bigger in the upper area and she was noticing that during the last 2/3 weeks (exactly when i started taking the granules). She even ask me if i was juicing lol.. It´s always good to ear, particularly from a girl.

Demongreat88

Demongreat88

Awards
Thank you guys for posting about PA. Bought some Fearns SL on Saturday. I am taking 2 tablespoons a day. I did my first chest/back day yesterday. I felt a good pump. Strength was good. Today was my first leg day and I felt a difference. My mind-muscle connection was noticeably different. I am 47 and have been working out since I was 15 and I felt a unique feeling with regard to my muscles while doing the Bodymaster lying leg press. So there is a noticeable effect? It is early, but thearly results are promising.

As for creatine, I love the stuff. I remember when it first came out. I bought some monohydrate and gained 10 pounds of intramuscular water. I recovered faster and loved it. It was the first supplement that ever worked for me. I still use it. I use HCL. I bought a kilo for less than $30. I prefer it because it does not give me an upset stomach like monohydrate was prone to do.

My hope is that both supps work synergistically and I benefit from them both of them. I will update this in a month or so. Thanks again for sharing your expertise and experience from PA. Without you all and this forum I would have never even heard of it.

Doug

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Thank you guys for posting about PA. Bought some Fearns SL on Saturday. I am taking 2 tablespoons a day. I did my first chest/back day yesterday. I felt a good pump. Strength was good. Today was my first leg day and I felt a difference. My mind-muscle connection was noticeably different. I am 47 and have been working out since I was 15 and I felt a unique feeling with regard to my muscles while doing the Bodymaster lying leg press. So there is a noticeable effect? It is early, but thearly results are promising.

As for creatine, I love the stuff. I remember when it first came out. I bought some monohydrate and gained 10 pounds of intramuscular water. I recovered faster and loved it. It was the first supplement that ever worked for me. I still use it. I use HCL. I bought a kilo for less than $30. I prefer it because it does not give me an upset stomach like monohydrate was prone to do.

My hope is that both supps work synergistically and I benefit from them both of them. I will update this in a month or so. Thanks again for sharing your expertise and experience from PA. Without you all and this forum I would have never even heard of it.

Doug
If you can, up the dose to 4 tbsp. You won't be disappointed. There is a very noticeable difference in pump, muscle fullness and endurance at that dosage.

Regards,

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Still have only used creatine, but it wins for me (until proven otherwise).

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In terms of studies creatine wins hands down. There's no supp with more data backing it up.

Now in terms of feel and what you see daily I'll go with PA.

hamdysayed

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
PA is the real deal top best natural supp, soy lecithin is what I have been using and it's great muscle fullness great pump , some strength , creatine is cheap n I take ot just to take ot but pa u notice it in couple of weeks.

blackjackcat

Awards
I have only used the OG King and was not impressed, but now it sounds like I needed to double dose it to get the desired effects. I will have to pick up some SL and give it another go. I have a much better luck with creatine, so my vote right now is for creatine.