AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been looking around, but cannot find a definitive answer. How many CFUs should one take daily in terms of probiotics? I've read a minimum of 15 million for adults and a single serving is best. I know there are going to be variables, but what is the ideal amount?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
No idea... if they're even needed at all. Unless you take a course of Anti-Biotics, how is all your gut flora being killed off in the first place? Especially when you just popped a billion or so just 24 hours ago! LOL! Here's what I do: Since I think all this Pro-Biotics hoopla is mostly just a wallet shrinker - BUT I'm also for insurance if it is dirt cheap... I buy Schiff Digestive Advantage (Lactobacillus Coagulans) and take one capsule every Monday The $15 box will last 30 weeks that way. In addition to the 2 servs of Greek Yogurt I eat daily - I call it good.

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
aafp.org/afp/2008/1101/p1073.html
I believe around 10-20 billions CFUs

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
Yes, order of billions is right. It makes sense to buy VSL#3 and have a quarter a sachet a day, not even every day.

Or drink kefir, about 40 billion per a pint.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gut health

/thread

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gut health

/thread
This.

I did just grab some Garden of Life Primal Defense Ultra because I didn't want to wait on shipping for Gut Health and I know a few users highly recommended it.

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
Like Josh and kbayne Stated Above Gut Health is Top Shelf. The only other im fond of is eupepsia.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thought I read a while back on here mr.cooper69 say probiotics are a waste or something to that effect.
Not speaking for Coop but i doubt he would have said that, maybe you are referring to digestive enzymes being a waste?