supplements and heart palpitations

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
Been having heart palpitations constantly for the past 3 weeks. What supplements can cause heart palpitations? I have been taking just 200 mg of caffeine (in my preworkout) daily and that's it. Today I went without caffeine but I still have them, so I guess caffeine is not the culprit. I went to the doctor and he ordered a 48 hour holter monitor which I go tomorrow to get put on.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Been having heart palpitations constantly for the past 3 weeks. What supplements can cause heart palpitations? I have been taking just 200 mg of caffeine (in my preworkout) daily and that's it. Today I went without caffeine but I still have them, so I guess caffeine is not the culprit. I went to the doctor and he ordered a 48 hour holter monitor which I go tomorrow to get put on.
Have you always had palpitations? Some people natrally have them. Maybe you never noticed them before or maybe they were not as strong. Are you going for other work such as an EKG or an echocardiogram?

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
Have you always had palpitations? Some people natrally have them. Maybe you never noticed them before or maybe they were not as strong. Are you going for other work such as an EKG or an echocardiogram?
My doc just wants a holter monitor done for 48 hours. I go in early tomorrow to have it put on. Results take about a week or so to get interpreted and so I see him again on june 9th. I had palpitations a year ago but they would go away after a few hours. Then 3 weeks ago they started getting bad. They are literally every 3 heartbeats my heart feels like its flip flopping. Driving me literally insane.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
My doc just wants a holter monitor done for 48 hours. I go in early tomorrow to have it put on. Results take about a week or so to get interpreted and so I see him again on june 9th. I had palpitations a year ago but they would go away after a few hours. Then 3 weeks ago they started getting bad. They are literally every 3 heartbeats my heart feels like its flip flopping. Driving me literally insane.
Do you run any gear? If so, post this same question in the anabolics forum, if not, then im not sure.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would say just wait until the results come back and then go from there. Hopefully it isn't anything major.

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
Do you run any gear? If so, post this same question in the anabolics forum, if not, then im not sure.
No. I have never ran anything hormonal. Thats why im pissed off that its happening to me

MacWanted

Awards
  • Established
I had the same few months ago and after starting eating banana and taking vitamin C, I feel better. Banana is good for heart.

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
This si something i would stick with docs option on, we can tell you lots of things but we don't know your past medical history. and we are not medical doctors.. (three years left YES) but anyways i hope you find out whats going on my man

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Internet doctors gonna internet doctor.
I spent 6 months at the google.com working on my doctorate. I read a few research papers, so I am definitely an expert

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I spent 6 months at the google.com working on my doctorate. I read a few research papers, so I am definitely an expert
In what? You had to be pretty special to get that gig.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm having the same, I still continue to take my pre workout with Caffeine and AMP in it, because I'm stupid but even a few days without it I get them. Most of the time it's nothing to worry about from everything I have seen but good idea on going to the doctor. I'm doing the same whenever I get a chance to get in. I definitely wouldn't recommend anyone continue stimulants when this is happening but I got them a little even before I started the pre workout with AMP Citrate, and before that I hadn't done anything new.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm having the same, I still continue to take my pre workout with Caffeine and AMP in it, because I'm stupid but even a few days without it I get them. Most of the time it's nothing to worry about from everything I have seen but good idea on going to the doctor. I'm doing the same whenever I get a chance to get in. I definitely wouldn't recommend anyone continue stimulants when this is happening but I got them a little even before I started the pre workout with AMP Citrate, and before that I hadn't done anything new.
Go to a doctor ASAP, its your life you a playing russian roulette with here ffs.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Go to a doctor ASAP, its your life you a playing russian roulette with here ffs.
I am going to the doctor.. I just know it was not stemmed from the use of the AMP because I had them before I started it, so I still use it. Believe me it freaks me out so I am making an appointment. My car was out of commission for a couple days or I would have already been.

I just think it is strange that it almost fixes the problem to take the pre workout, for some time after the dose I do not have them at all.

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
I am going to the doctor.. I just know it was not stemmed from the use of the AMP because I had them before I started it, so I still use it. Believe me it freaks me out so I am making an appointment. My car was out of commission for a couple days or I would have already been.

I just think it is strange that it almost fixes the problem to take the pre workout, for some time after the dose I do not have them at all.
This is exactly what happens to me. When I take in stimulants it FIXES the palpitations. The worst day yet for my palpitations was wednesday when I had absolutely no stimulants.And I know its not because of distractions. If I take my preworkout, sit down and take my pulse, I have absolutely no palpitations. They return about an hour after my workout. It reminds me of the movie crank, where he has to continuously get an adrenaline rush to keep his heart going.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Glad you're taking that route and hoping for a good outcome.
This is exactly what happens to me. When I take in stimulants it FIXES the palpitations. The worst day yet for my palpitations was wednesday when I had absolutely no stimulants.And I know its not because of distractions. If I take my preworkout, sit down and take my pulse, I have absolutely no palpitations. They return about an hour after my workout. It reminds me of the movie crank, where he has to continuously get an adrenaline rush to keep his heart going.
Definitely. It's about the same as when I was on oral Tren, so I think it is more anxiety related than anything. Which isn't that much of a shock to me since my mom has such bad anxiety and my parents have always said I have it, even though I try to deny it. Lol

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I dont actually have one lol :D

I thought you got to be an expert if you googled something enough :D
Lol...that went right over my head. Must be the weekend. Haha

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Lol...that went right over my head. Must be the weekend. Haha
Haha at first I thought you were playing along lol

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
I do have to admit. I havent taken a a stim break in years but the only stims I take in is pre workout which is 200 mg worth of caffeine + some pump ingredients. I realize its advised to go off of them, but I know people that have been drinking multiple cups of coffee a day their whole life, and that never killed anyone...

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do have to admit. I havent taken a a stim break in years but the only stims I take in is pre workout which is 200 mg worth of caffeine + some pump ingredients. I realize its advised to go off of them, but I know people that have been drinking multiple cups of coffee a day their whole life, and that never killed anyone...
Advised by who though?. The Bro-Science Bro club?.

ssor331

Awards
Could be AV block which causes your heart to skip beats every now and then. I have mobitz 1 AV block so if I really pay attention to my heart I can feel it stop and skip a beat a couple times a minute. Used to also get bad palpitations when I took too much caffeine or alcohol or pushed myself exercising too hard, turned out I had wolff parkinson white syndrome which can make your heart randomly jump to 230+ beats per minute. I got it diagnosed with a holter monitor. Had surgery to get rid of it.

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
Could be AV block which causes your heart to skip beats every now and then. I have mobitz 1 AV block so if I really pay attention to my heart I can feel it stop and skip a beat a couple times a minute. Used to also get bad palpitations when I took too much caffeine or alcohol or pushed myself exercising too hard, turned out I had wolff parkinson white syndrome which can make your heart randomly jump to 230+ beats per minute. I got it diagnosed with a holter monitor. Had surgery to get rid of it.
How invasive was the surgery? Open heart?

ssor331

Awards
How invasive was the surgery? Open heart?
Not open heart, pretty simple surgery they stick a catheter in your femoral vein in your groin and it goes through your blood vessels into your heart. They then burn out the piece of heart that is generating the abnormal electrical signal while you are sedated. I was in the hospital for a night, walked out the next day. Don't think they'd treat AV block the same though, just depends on what is going on. My AV block is benign but there are more severe forms of it. If you have more severe heart block they would probably do some sort of surgery to fix it.