X-Gels all hype?

Bluedev14

Bluedev14

Awards
We all know the stuff by now...but do they really live up to the hype? Some people claim they are stronger than some of the weaker PH's...I call bs. Ran them for about 4 weeks, however, didn't get to take them too consistently due to injury....felt slightly better pump on them...very slight. Regardless, idk if I'm ready to believe these guys who say they gained 5lbs LBM in 8 weeks. I thinks these guys just can't tell the difference between mass and LBM. What do you guys think? X gels/ArA supps worth the $70 hype? Or just another bogus placebo supp?

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
The vast majority of people get really good results from ArA supps. I've used them with great success in strength and fullness (I never get a good pump but I train fasted and was low carb at the time). They've been around long enough to withstand the placebo test. I'd give them another try, but take them during a time when you take them consistently, as they are meant to be taken.

D

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm pretty sure taking a supplement inconsitently while injured is not reflective of the effectiveness of the supplement

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
I'm pretty sure taking a supplement inconsitently while injured is not reflective of the effectiveness of the supplement
Hahaha, I was trying to throw in a constructive comment (something I've been working on), but yea, ^^^ THIS

N

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Cmon man, if you have any experience with training and whatnot you will know that progression rates vary dramatically between people depending on a myriad of factors, supplement intake being one such variable.

ArA is reasonably well studied, and we can be confident it has the potential to produce non-placebo effects; but have you looked at the numbers of the latest study? The gains arent crazy...but they are there. Llewelyn said well experienced trainees with very slow progression rates were purposefully selected for the study, which is clearly evidenced by the minute progression the placebo group made (cant remember exact numbers).

Bluedev14

Bluedev14

Awards
As I hinted, I get that. I mostly think the actual results are largely overstated. I'll prob try me again, just worried about losing $70 bucks lol

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
As I hinted, I get that. I mostly think the actual results are largely overstated. I'll prob try me again, just worried about losing $70 bucks lol
You can always buy one bottle to see how it goes. If you take them pwo only (which is the most popular way), 1.5 g will last you about 16 workouts and 1 g will last you about 25. You can gauge effectiveness and see if you want to continue for a total of 50 workouts. Note: I think my math is correct but I'm on the run so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Oh and I'm assuming you're buying X-Gels

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ArA is one of the more beneficial OTC supplements we have. Could they be over-hyped? Sure if you're comparing them to prohormones. If compared to other natural products that claim to help in body composition improvement... nah they are the real deal. One of the few things i have no problem spending money on.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ArA is one of the more beneficial OTC supplements we have. Could they be over-hyped? Sure if you're comparing them to prohormones. If compared to other natural products that claim to help in body composition improvement... nah they are the real deal. One of the few things i have no problem spending money on.
I've always enjoyed my runs of xgels.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
X gels are probably one of my favorite otc supps to date. I get awesome pump from them pre workout.

N

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Relatedly, something which I think puts 'hype' and natty supps in general in perspective is this: ArA is likely one of the most effective natty supps available. Make a note, then, of what supping with it does for your progression, cos however 'minimal' that amplification is, there's probably not going to be anything better otc.

Can be a sobering thought :)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
We all know the stuff by now...but do they really live up to the hype? Some people claim they are stronger than some of the weaker PH's...I call bs. Ran them for about 4 weeks, however, didn't get to take them too consistently due to injury....felt slightly better pump on them...very slight. Regardless, idk if I'm ready to believe these guys who say they gained 5lbs LBM in 8 weeks. I thinks these guys just can't tell the difference between mass and LBM. What do you guys think? X gels/ArA supps worth the $70 hype? Or just another bogus placebo supp?
Is the $70 for two bottles or one?

S

shirt

Awards
I've had two fifty day runs with X-gels and they tore my stomach up both times. I'm sure they work well for others. So, I wouldn't call them over hyped.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I ran a 50 day 'cycle' of ArA last year, and I honestly wasn't all too impressed. I did notice a good pump from it, but I feel that a lot of reviews and logs blow the results out of proportion. It is possible that I didn't respond well to ArA, but a lot of what I read made it seem as though I'd be making noticeable gains in size and strength, which wasn't all too accurate. At the end of the day, there's really no natty product that's going to produce DS or AAS results IMHO

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Plenty of hype. Sure. But ara does work. At least should .

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
I ran a 50 day 'cycle' of ArA last year, and I honestly wasn't all too impressed. I did notice a good pump from it, but I feel that a lot of reviews and logs blow the results out of proportion. It is possible that I didn't respond well to ArA, but a lot of what I read made it seem as though I'd be making noticeable gains in size and strength, which wasn't all too accurate. At the end of the day, there's really no natty product that's going to produce DS or AAS results IMHO
Did you run it with anything else? Just curious

Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
ArA is good stuff, it's not close to PH's but definitely works well at increasing strength, alongside a small amount of lbm gains.

T

touchless21

Awards
  • Established
ARA definitely works. I did them over 50 workouts, dosing only PWO so I don't know how long I was on them per se.

As far as lbm, I didn't track, but I gained considerable strength and endurance. I was doing lifts where I once needed a spotter.

E

ewok53

Awards
I took ArA and felt like it wasn't doing anything for me. Around 2 weeks after I stopped, I was noticeably weaker though. I was also the same weight or maybe even 2 or 3 pounds heavier (after stopping). Incline DB went down ~5lbs, DL of the weight I usually used went from 8 reps to like 5. Just some small differences in strength like that. Nothing big..

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Did you run it with anything else? Just curious
i took it with GMS, which is what a lot of people suggest. So for all i know the pump was from the gms and not the ArA. Its hard to tell

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
i took it with GMS, which is what a lot of people suggest. So for all i know the pump was from the gms and not the ArA. Its hard to tell
Gotcha. I was just making sure you weren't taking it around the same time as fish oil and/or other anti-inflammatories

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Gotcha. I was just making sure you weren't taking it around the same time as fish oil and/or other anti-inflammatories
No i was sure to not take fish oil or anything that would interfere with the inflammation, i read into it a lot actually. I also attribute my lack of results partially to my diet. I eat clean and track my macros, but I think that I would have seen better results being at a slightly higher surplus. I just get don't like putting on body fat. I was attempting to lean bulk/recomp with my ArA cycle.

A

avega17

Awards
  • Established
I have ran X-Gels with ABE twice now. I am just finishing up my 2nd run (about 5 workouts left). The first time I ran it I was about a month in to a reverse diet off of a cut and therefore at a lower body fat percentage. I started at 1g and worked up to 1.5g. This time I started at 1.5g and kept it there the entire run. I am at a higher BF% and recomping diet wise. Pumps are probably the most notable effect, especially when I was leaner. No real effect on endurance. I feel some strength increases on some days, but nothing that truly stands out. I'd say the first run gave me better results than this one. To be honest, I probably won't run these products again, at least not anytime soon. For the amount needed for 2 bottles of ABE and 3 of x-gels, I'd rather spend it on something else. I ran Magnitropin for 8 weeks before this run and was much more impressed. I'm going to try other epi products to see how I respond.

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
X-gels is one of the only and probably the bestnon hormonal supplements that actually effects my body composition and improves strength

I think ARA honestly works best for people with an ectomorph type body and i would say 4 out of 5 people have successs if they use it right, (obviously not half assed and injured lol)

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It gives me a nice pump and some recomp effects but that's about it. I've ran it twice and that's probably it for me - gets spend.

Og anabeta is my all time fav natty Supp.... RIP sweet prince...

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
X-gel=gains..... i learned this equation in like second grade... no hype all results

Bluedev14

Bluedev14

Awards
X-gels is one of the only and probably the bestnon hormonal supplements that actually effects my body composition and improves strength

I think ARA honestly works best for people with an ectomorph type body and i would say 4 out of 5 people have successs if they use it right, (obviously not half assed and injured lol)
Well that's good for me because my terrible genetics gifted me with primarily ecto lol

Bluedev14

Bluedev14

Awards
Are the the ArA strength gains pretty good as well? Obviously I realize it largely depends on your type of training

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
my xgels/abe run - serious weight gain / strength gains - 10 weeks

10mph0x.png

DEFINITELY worth the hype

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
you said it yourself, you couldn't run it consistently for 4 WEEKS due to injury... Its supposed to be taken over 50 workouts, generally 8-10-12 weeks long. I saw increased strength size and decreased fat, never taken a ph but I had amazing results, running it again real soon.

HardB0iled

HardB0iled

Awards
  • Established
I'll say this... I'm 7 weeks into an Xgels run. I'm up 3 lbs from the start with a decrease in bf of approximately 2%. At a current weight of 217, I have gained a minimum of 7lbs of lbm while reducing bf%. ( I do "know the difference between lbm and mass") I have seen substantial strength gains, increased vascularity and definition, and numerous people (both inside and outside the gym) have commented on the change in my appearance. Is that worth $70? I would say abso****inlutely. And I didn't have to spend $70 because I got it on sale at TGB.

Bluedev14

Bluedev14

Awards
I'll say this... I'm 7 weeks into an Xgels run. I'm up 3 lbs from the start with a decrease in bf of approximately 2%. At a current weight of 217, I have gained a minimum of 7lbs of lbm while reducing bf%. ( I do "know the difference between lbm and mass") I have seen substantial strength gains, increased vascularity and definition, and numerous people (both inside and outside the gym) have commented on the change in my appearance. Is that worth $70? I would say abso****inlutely. And I didn't have to spend $70 because I got it on sale at TGB.
I might just have to see it for myself. Josh has photos from a 10 week span and i dont really see much of a difference at all to be honest (no offense, josh). Trying to figure out if i want to spend my $$$ on the essential supps, or take a shot again.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Impressive results for a natural supplement!.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Ara works for me very well. It has been the main factor to all my PRs. Every year I improve incrementally with it.

HardB0iled

HardB0iled

Awards
  • Established
I should add... It is important to find the dosing that works for the individual. Based on others comments I started at 1.5. I then bumped to 1.75 and finally settled at 2 witch is my spot. Next run I will go with 2g from the start.

N

NewAgeMayan

Awards
30$ a bottle?! Thats best price Ive personally seen...Id definitely be in on that if I lived in States :/

Bluedev14

Bluedev14

Awards
I should add... It is important to find the dosing that works for the individual. Based on others comments I started at 1.5. I then bumped to 1.75 and finally settled at 2 witch is my spot. Next run I will go with 2g from the start.
I'll probably run 1 for a week or 2 then bump to 1.5 for the run just for the sake of longevity

3pic_B3ast

3pic_B3ast

Awards
  • Established
I remember back when ARA was in its infancy in the supplement industry. Many guys had reported using ARA between hardcore cycles (not a typical 6 week ph run) to help maintain their gains and swore on it's effectiveness. I myself had a great run including it in the same manner and found it definitely helped especially at maintaining strength and lean mass. Say what you want but been in the game a long time and it does work.

N

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Frustrating that I can't take it due to inflammatory conditions.
Kinda know those feels...I see everyone raving about product-X, but cant try it myself cos our customs laws suck...definitely feels like youre missing out on something good.

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
This. If anything ARA is one supp you MUST take consistently.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I might just have to see it for myself. Josh has photos from a 10 week span and i dont really see much of a difference at all to be honest (no offense, josh). Trying to figure out if i want to spend my $$$ on the essential supps, or take a shot again.
He actually looks a lot fuller with some noticeable size increases. Mindful that natty should expect natty results and if it were very dramatic, I would expect some err, other factors involved.

HardB0iled

HardB0iled

Awards
  • Established
He actually looks a lot fuller with some noticeable size increases. Mindful that natty should expect natty results and if it were very dramatic, I would expect some err, other factors involved.
^^^ this. 5 - 10 lbs is not very noticeable in a two dimensional photo, but when the people around you notice a change in your composition and say "you're looking pretty jacked", you know something's working in your favor.

R

roy_jones

Awards
ArA is the only natty supplement that I'm really curious about trying, and this is coming from someone who considers themselves skeptical about the effectiveness of supplements. The only other non-staple I'm taking and will continue to take is Phosphatidic Acid.

I'll probably try ArA before I try a low dose short cycle of ostarine.