mucana prureins questions

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
i bought mucana prureins powder and I have some questions.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
When do you dose it?

Its included in several sleep aids as well, I would take it before bed

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
I dose mine at night when I take these products. They help me get a better nights of rest. A lot of products incorporate them for sleeping products such as USP Labs PowerFULL

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
i bought mucana prureins powder
Most of the Mucuna I've seen was a standardized extract of Velvet Bean. What does this powder say on the label? Is it just powdered whole Velvet bean? As far as what it does/what you'd feel :

h t t p : / / examine.com/supplements/L-DOPA/

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
I tried taking before bed at first and many different doses.

Shasow

Shasow

Banned
Awards
It says 98% l dopa.
Ah ha. That's basically straight l-dopa i.e. dopamine without the other constitutes of mucana prureins which protect from the side effects. If you been taking this ED for two weeks it's too much dopamine. You also taking tyrosine which converts to dopamine lol come off it for a couple weeks at least then go back on and dose it 150mg EOD at pre bed. You're actually better off buying 40-60% L-dopa.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
What can *I* feel it doing? Nothing. What does it do - from Wikipedia:

Dopamine (contracted from 3,4-dihydroxyphenethylamine) is a neurotransmitter of the catecholamine and phenethylamine families that plays a number of important roles in the human brain and body. Its name derives from its chemical structure: it is an amine that is formed by removing a carboxyl group from a molecule of L-DOPA.

In the brain, dopamine functions as a neurotransmitter—a chemical released by nerve cells to send signals to other nerve cells. The brain includes several distinct dopamine systems, one of which plays a major role in reward-motivated behavior. Most types of reward increase the level of dopamine in the brain, and a variety of addictive drugs increase dopamine neuronal activity. Other brain dopamine systems are involved in motor control and in controlling the release of several other important hormones. Outside the nervous system, dopamine functions in several parts of the body as a local chemical messenger. In the blood vessels, it inhibits norepinephrine release and acts as a vasodilator; in the kidneys, it increases sodium excretion and urine output; in the pancreas, it reduces insulin production; in the digestive system, it reduces gastrointestinal motility and protects intestinal mucosa; and in the immune system, it reduces the activity of lymphocytes. With the exception of the blood vessels, dopamine in each of these peripheral systems has a "paracrine" function: it is synthesized locally and exerts its effects on cells that are located near the cells that release it.

A variety of important drugs work by altering the way the body makes or uses dopamine. Dopamine itself is available for intravenous injection: although it cannot reach the brain from the bloodstream, its peripheral effects make it useful in the treatment of heart failure or shock, especially in newborn babies. L-DOPA, the metabolic precursor of dopamine, does reach the brain and is the most widely used treatment for Parkinson's disease. Dopaminergic stimulants can be addictive in high doses, but some are used at lower doses to treat ADHD. Conversely, many antipsychotic drugs act by suppressing the effects of dopamine. Drugs that act against dopamine by a different mechanism are also some of the most effective anti-nausea agents.
But the bottom line for male lifters is the data showing possible increases Testosterone, Luteinizing Hormone, Libido, and Growth Hormone. And a decrease in Cortisol.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
In the past, I have taken a night-time dose of Mucuna and Safed Musli for the infinitesimal chance that it would increase GH pulses while asleep. It's a pay and pray supplement as far as GH goes. It *does* help to counteract Prolactin - which can help during some anabolic cycles. Why are *you* taking it? Either way, it is recommended to cycle it in 8 week blocks. And I would stick to a name brand that is using standardized extracts. One without any extras would be Now Foods Dopa Mucuna.

Shasow

Shasow

Banned
Awards
Use it how I said, that's as good as it gets. And it's going to be subtle in its effects.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Supplements 6
D Supplements 52