Preferred lactose free protein powder?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

Appears that I've become lactose intolerant over the past year (doctor verified). I've been trying a variety of lactose free proteins since I can't touch whey anymore and not really found something that hits the spot for me taste wise.

Curious to hear what other lactose intolerant folks are working with?

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
a lot of people with this problem tend to fair well on pes select-- it isn't lactose free but people with lactose issues from other proteins claim it was not noticeable with select. Another option is pure isolate.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I can vouch for PES SELECT! Haven't had any lactose issues while on it.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Like Afi said, Select may be an option. A number of individuals with the same issue can take and enjoy Select with no issues at all.

Your other option would be an isolate.

TheFugitive

TheFugitive

Awards
ISO-HD is lactose free and backed by ChromaDex <label-product guarantee

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Vote 3 for Select, very very low lactose

Otherwise use a WPI but they cost more

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would just go with a pure isolate. I love Select, but if it gives you problems, you do not want to be stuck with something you cannot use. Some good isolates are EvoGen IsoJect and Allmax. Those are the only two brands I have tried. You could also go a different route with SAN Raw Fusion, it is a solid protein for not being diary based.

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
WPI, pea isolate, rice protein.. they all work because i am lactose intolerant as well and can't handle too much dairy. WPI tastes the best though. :)

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I have been using some vegan protein that is a combination of pea and some other stuff, but I'm ready for something else. Sounds like I need to try a 100% isolate because I tend to react to even very low amounts of lactose. Thanks everyone

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
PES has the trial sizes of Select, IIRC. Otherwise I'm sure one of their reps could hook you up with a sample pack or two, as well.

That said, I use Syntrax Nectar and have used many other whey protein isolates (that's all I go with for post-workout) and there are a ton of flavors.