Soy Lecithin powder vs granules - Phosphatidic Acid %

gnbbc

gnbbc

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys, I found a local store which they import raw materials and then they produce their own bulk powders.
They are selling SL powder (not granules) for $12 / Kg, the downside is that is not listed the amount of PA on the content.
After asking them about it they said it is unknown to them and they can provide only the below:

Soy Lecithin 98.5% nonGMO

The concentration of phospholipids of lecithin 98.5%

Of which
Choline 23-24%
Inositol 13-16%
Phosphatidylethanolamine 18-22%
Fatty acids, lecithin 32 to 44%

Polyunsaturated 35%

Of which:
(LA) Linoleic acid 29% (the beneficial effect achieved daily intake of 10 g LA)
(ALA) Linolenic acid 6% (the beneficial effect achieved daily intake of 2 g of ALA)

Saturated fats 13%
Monounsaturated 5%
Cholesterol 0%
Fiber 0%
Calories from fat 480 kcal

Properties of lecithin:
Content of substances insoluble in acetone (AI): min. 97% lecithin
Lecithin humidity: max. 1.5%
Oil: max. 2.0%

I’m not going to ask if it worth because $12 / Kg is really cheap.
But I just want to know if it’s going to have the same effects as SL granules and if the amount of PA based on the information they provided above will be enough to follow the granules dosage regimen.

gnbbc

gnbbc

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Repost last phrase as its not visible on AM mobile app.

But I just want to know if it’s going to have the same effects as SL granules and if the amount of PA based on the information they provided above will be enough to follow the granules dosage regimen.

N

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Repost last phrase as its not visible on AM mobile app.

In my experience there is no apparent difference in efficacy between powder or granules; some people are grounding up their granules anyway, and Im assuming the product you are considering is powdered merely for utility.

I dont think Ive come across any products with a phosphatide % greater than 98, but based on the figure alone, if it is accurate, then the product should be good to go.

Id personally be a little wary of sources like this though, unless you have what you believe to be sufficient cause/evidence to trust that the product is in fact what they claim it to be (authentic).

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Is that US Dollars? If so, not that great of a deal, compared to the known Fearn's quality. < That is a 16oz can and can be had for ~$6 with coupon codes, etc... 2 cans = 2lbs. 1 Kilo = 2.2lbs. JMO