BEST/Favorite BCAA product???

KtchnChmst

Awards
  • Established
Looking for something at good price point from a rebutable company to incorporate in my IntraWorkout regimen.......?

Lets hear it fellas..........Your Favorite.....The BEST BCAA products on the market.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm digging PES Amino IV. I like the addition of the Betaine Anhydrous.

KtchnChmst

Awards
  • Established
You guys know there's only 4g of BCAAs in 2scoops of Amino IV?? At the 10:1:1 ratio its basically a low-dosed Leucine product....?

Reactions: mw1
AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Universal Atomic 7, Universal Juiced AMinos, Controlled Labs Purple Wraath come to mind first and are my go to

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So far I'm enjoying Scivation Xtend Go. Besides BCAAs it also includes l-theanine, caffeine, kanna and coq10. Provides a nice, little mood boost from the kanna and good focus from the l-theanine and caffeine.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Core abc

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I'm a fan of Anabolic Innovations RecoverPro. You can get a 125 serving tub for around 40-50 bucks, which is a great deal. The taste is pretty good, and you its a good bang for your buck.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I thought the ratios weren't known in Amino IV?

hiimnotcool

hiimnotcool

Awards
  • Established
bulk bcaas from amazon mixed with preworkout of choice is the cheapest route.

Shasow

Shasow

Banned
Awards
Modern BCAA by USP labs is my fav. Tastes good as well. Second would be xtend.

NEBinAK

NEBinAK

Awards
Pineapple xtend is my current favorite

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
You guys know there's only 4g of BCAAs in 2scoops of Amino IV?? At the 10:1:1 ratio its basically a low-dosed Leucine product....?
Don't upset the PES people...

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
For a straight BcAA product
Xtend or core ABC

For BcAA and eaa mixture
Amino IV or intra MD if you want carbs

For
Pure EAA purple wraath

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
R.I.P. Omega Sports Strive, in addition to what's been mentioned Iforce compete.

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Universal Juiced AMinos, Controlled Labs Purple Wraath, Cellucore alpha amino, and PES Amino IV

Mostly because they offer all of these + some other goodies....I like a complete formula not simply a ratio of the top 3 bcaa's
histidine
isoleucine
leucine
lysine
methionine
phenylalanine
threonine
tryptophan
valine

BUT no company itemizes the actual amounts

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Forgot about Xtend and Alpha Aminos, both are solid choices as well.

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
Right now Im diggin on the Animal Juiced Aminos. Also have 9 tubs of BCAA+SAA from finaflex stocked up. Ive gone through probably 4 tubs of it and the taste is awesome. The profile isnt bad either. Amino IV, Xtend, Purple Wraath, and Modern BCAA are some of my other go to's. Recover pro is awesome for the price but I feel like the taste is subpar (only have the lemon flavor). There are lots of good options out there.

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wouldn't imagine this could be correct. From what I remember, the whole idea behind Amino Iv was to maximally stimulate MPS intra workout, or LBM preservation any other time, while providing some substrate to make new proteins (EAA's). So while a large percentage is leucine, I doubt there are only 4 grams of BCAA's in 2 scoops

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Right now Im diggin on the Animal Juiced Aminos. Also have 9 tubs of BCAA+SAA from finaflex stocked up. Ive gone through probably 4 tubs of it and the taste is awesome. The profile isnt bad either. Amino IV, Xtend, Purple Wraath, and Modern BCAA are some of my other go to's. Recover pro is awesome for the price but I feel like the taste is subpar (only have the lemon flavor). There are lots of good options out there.
I can't wait to try the new flavor of Juiced Aminos. I haven't seen it on sites yet. I hope it is released soon since I need to order some aminos.

KtchnChmst

Awards
  • Established
I wish it wasnt true! Unfortunately, I sent an email inquiry to PES customer service and THEY gave me the specific numbers......I was initially HOPING it was 4grams per scoop, so I replied to get clarification and she clearly pointed out it IS 4grams per 2scoop serving. Disappointing to say the least.
However.....the label profile is pretty impressive. I decided to grab 3 tubs of Modern BCAAs from smartpowders because theyre clearancing them at $10 a tub!!! 2scoops Modern + 2scoops AminoIV for IntraWorkout......NOW the entire profile looks amazing!!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Like a few others said, CL Purple Wraath would be a solid choice for your intra game.

AnabolicMonk

Awards
Musclepharm BCAA, cheap and effective. Got 90 servings for 45$.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Db2

Db2

Awards
I agree that AI's recover pro is a great bang for buck. Lemon is gross imo but raspberry is pretty good.

I ordered some Man ISO-Amino in several flavors on special, and damn they were good. Good ratio too. Sour Batch is my favorite so far. Don't care for tigers blood, it's a bit too tropical for my taste,

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As far as an intra-workout, I have used Compete ever since it was released -- I love it. It has a very minimal amount, though (I'm just talking about what I use during my lifting and basketball sessions -- 1 scoop paired with 5g taurine).

As far as just pure BCAAs, I've enjoyed Modern BCAA, RecoverPro, the old Xtend, and plenty of others. I like the profile of Amino IV, but there are some other products that have flavors I prefer.

I just got a few samples of the BIP Best BCAA and I have to say, the flavoring there is phenomenal. It's actually what I've been looking for in terms of a product I can mix up and sip on in the evening when I want something more than water, but don't want to snack, etc.

Lots of good ones out there, though.

KtchnChmst

Awards
  • Established
I thought SAAs were another supplement "scam"?? Did I misunderstand the literature I read?

Otheridstaken

Otheridstaken

Awards
I like Amino Core by AllMax nutrition. I would get something flavored next time though. I got unflavored and boy, it turns everything to crap.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like Amino Core by AllMax nutrition. I would get something flavored next time though. I got unflavored and boy, it turns everything to crap.
AminoCore is definitely one of my favorites. As is Alpha Amino from Cellucor. Recently also tried out Magnum's Hi-5, that has a great profile.

That said, i also have tubs of CL Purple Wraath and PES Amino IV sitting in my cabinet.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've tried a ton of BCAA products over MANY years. By far, the best product I have EVER had was MST's RPG.

Taste wise, performance wise, and ingredient wise.

I'm also giving AEN's Intrabolic a run right now and it's pretty good stuff.

(and no, I am not a rep)

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Im all about AMS Body Mortar here lately!

bodymortar1.png

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
I make my own out of horse hair, prefer it to most commercial products that use China sourced human hair from death row cadavers

heckler7

heckler7

Awards
  • Established
I make my own out of horse hair, prefer it to most commercial products that use China sourced human hair from death row cadavers
I have been steeling wigs from cancer patients, this seems much easier

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I wish it wasnt true! Unfortunately, I sent an email inquiry to PES customer service and THEY gave me the specific numbers......I was initially HOPING it was 4grams per scoop, so I replied to get clarification and she clearly pointed out it IS 4grams per 2scoop serving. Disappointing to say the least.
However.....the label profile is pretty impressive. I decided to grab 3 tubs of Modern BCAAs from smartpowders because theyre clearancing them at $10 a tub!!! 2scoops Modern + 2scoops AminoIV for IntraWorkout......NOW the entire profile looks amazing!!
Can a PES rep confirm?

paula

paula

Awards
Pes amino iv for me and alpha amino. Is alpha amino considered to be mixture of bcaa and eaa?

KtchnChmst

Awards
  • Established
Can they confirm? LoL.....i'll cut/paste the email!!
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1431785322.805630.jpg

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
recoverpro
compete
humapro

intraload looks solid as well but i have yet to try it

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can they confirm? LoL.....i'll cut/paste the email!!
View attachment 119039
I think there has been a mix up somewhere.

This customer service rep is not actually aware of the doses in our products. I don't know where she plucked this number from lol.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
None - I eat protein ~90 minutes pre-workout, and the rest of the day. Tried Intra-MD, then stopped it... no difference in anything.

Fasted?, Two-A-Days?.. maybe. But I'm just an average Once-A-Day Joe.

KtchnChmst

Awards
  • Established
Personally......I LOVE the Amino IV and have been using it religious EVERY workout since it was released.....I believe I was one of the first to receive it in BOTH initial flavors when Nutraplanet released it...so im definitely not trying to stir up **** in any way. I was just curious of the exact breakdown which is why I emailed the customer service rep......i was actually shocked and definitely disappointed when she replied with such a ridiculously low number!!
If this/she IS incorrect, can you please clarify so I can go back to using it?!?

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Personally......I LOVE the Amino IV and have been using it religious EVERY workout since it was released.....I believe I was one of the first to receive it in BOTH initial flavors when Nutraplanet released it...so im definitely not trying to stir up **** in any way. I was just curious of the exact breakdown which is why I emailed the customer service rep......i was actually shocked and definitely disappointed when she replied with such a ridiculously low number!!
If this/she IS incorrect, can you please clarify so I can go back to using it?!?
It is not correct, I promise you that. Only 2-3 people know the breakdown, and the CS rep is not one of them. There are more than 4 grams of BCAAs

KtchnChmst

Awards
  • Established
Thats encouraging.......back to Modern BCAAs. Thanks

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
Myokem mTOR FTW or hmmmmm all day you may isn't terrible then hmmmmm

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thats encouraging.......back to Modern BCAAs. Thanks
I don't understand. I am one of the formulators for PES, and Ben is higher than me, and we both said the CS rep is not correct. The amount is prop blended (so is modern bcaas as well FYI), but I already stated it is higher than 4 grams. I can't really do more than that.