I like agmatine or Na-R-Ala. never tried berberine solo though

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haven't ever taken berberine solo before, but I have used Na-R-ALA solo and do like that.

My go-to these days is NaRALA + Slintensity and I love it.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Haven't ever taken berberine solo before, but I have used Na-R-ALA solo and do like that. My go-to these days is NaRALA + Slintensity and I love it.
We all miss Ssv2

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We all miss Ssv2
All I know is Slintensity is my fav (and I started with AP, P-slin, then OG slin-sane, LG's slin, and I think a few others -- drawing a blank atm).

When Matt was updating the formula, I got really mad because I loved it lol, but the current version is somehow even better (and when I open the bottle it smells like pancakes, so I get happy LOL).

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I believe NP used to sell "yellow gold" which was bulk berberine but it hasn't been in stock in forever

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I found plenty of sources for bulk berberine across the internet, can someone tell me a good dosing protocol?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I found plenty of sources for bulk berberine across the internet, can someone tell me a good dosing protocol?
DON'T LET IT TOUCH YOUR ANY PART OF YOUR MOUTH!

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
the best time is 30minutes prior to a meal. This has to due with the time it takes to prevent adipocyte differentiation...

i cant seem to find the figure im looking for (from a scientific article) that shows that time.. but...

Heres a great study
http://www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/2012/363845/

Along with saying this i would say 100mg berberine per 10g carb... but in all reality its pretty hard to determine those carbohydrate amounts without a blood glucose monitor
Per Examine.com:
The standard dose of berberine is 900-2,000mg a day, divided into three to four doses.

Berberine should be taken with a meal, or shortly after, to take advantage of the blood glucose and lipid spike associated with eating.

Too much berberine at once can result in stomach upset, cramping, and diarrhea.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So capsules would be ideal?
dear god yes... If you get this taste in your mouth just once, you will never forget. its awful and last foreeevvvvveeeerrrr

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm partial to agmatine simply because i've used it for so long, and seemingly with good results. Berberine, however, is very solid.

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I second agmatine. So many benefits along with being a great gda

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Berberine, Na-Rala, and Agmatine are all good choices.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
dear god yes... If you get this taste in your mouth just once, you will never forget. its awful and last foreeevvvvveeeerrrr
This, bulk NAC and bulk EGCg are all up there for vomiting experiences I've had lol.

Also, yes, agmatine is awesome. I take 500mg upon waking daily and also get another 500mg in my pre-workout, so I actually end up at 1g/day most of the time.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any point in taking Na-R-Ala pre meal without any carbs?

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Per Examine.com: The standard dose of berberine is 900-2,000mg a day, divided into three to four doses. Berberine should be taken with a meal, or shortly after, to take advantage of the blood glucose and lipid spike associated with eating. Too much berberine at once can result in stomach upset, cramping, and diarrhea.
yes standard dosing has been 500mg 3x a day and dropped to 300mg 3x a day if stomach upset

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Per Examine.com: The standard dose of berberine is 900-2,000mg a day, divided into three to four doses. Berberine should be taken with a meal, or shortly after, to take advantage of the blood glucose and lipid spike associated with eating. Too much berberine at once can result in stomach upset, cramping, and diarrhea.
I still say 30 min prior to meal or with meal not after

And for inhibition of weight gain 30 min prior is ideal

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would agree with Berberine (although the taste is unbearable) and wish NP would get Yellow Gold back in stock!

Following would be Agmatine and Na-R-ALA.

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
Can anybody elaborate/help me make sense of what I've read about berberine potentially being genotoxic? "Mechanism study of goldenseal-associated DNA damage." ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23747414 and "Genotoxicity of the isoquinoline alkaloid berberine in prokaryotic and eukaryotic organisms." ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7681536

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Agree with a number of previous posters Berberine, dependant on dosage it can have a number of beneficial effects.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Na-Rala for me. I'm actually looking for some bulk because Nutra never has it.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sleep is deeper? What dose? I may try this.
I tried 1 cap SSV2 from Genomyx, which I believe is around 150mg Na-R-ALA. It made sleep deeper for me, which I hear may be because of increase in GH release.

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
How would you guys rate Apple cider vinegar? Just to be really cheap, I've used it when I had no GDA

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Berberine is #1 IMO. Na-R-ALA is up there, so is the oft forgotten agmatine (which is actually selective)

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Any brands you would recommend that sell berberine solo?
I'm using Swanson brand. 400mg Berberine HCL per cap. Very convenient. A quick search on the internet should turn up many other choices.

Big Papi

Awards
  • Established
Berberine is #1 IMO. Na-R-ALA is up there, so is the oft forgotten agmatine (which is actually selective)
why not just use metformin? it's cheap and readily available online.

btw, check your email!

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
R-ala for me as well. This stuff just flat out works for me before a heavy carb ladened meal.

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
Question..for those who take R-ala or NA-R-Ala..how much do you guys take before a heavy carb meal?

Curious.....

StanleyG

StanleyG

Awards
Gynemma Sylvestre hands down. One of the few supplements I have come to think has actual value in certain scenarios. I KNOW it works based on a simple blood glucose meter. I have used it to enter ketosis faster as well as to prevent insulin resistance when using insulin.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I think we all miss Recompadrol