PES Select Protein - Digestive Issues

Db2

Db2

Awards
So I eagerly awaited my first shipment of PES snicker doodle protein, and while the taste is fantastic, I can now confirm that it gives me gas/the runs. This is totally surprising as I generally have a steel trap stomach. I do fine with other blends and straight casein, and have even added a digestive enzyme before I take it. No dice. Anyone else had this issue?

I have two sealed 2lb tubs in addition to my open 55 serving (due to an ordering issue that was resolved) and just not sure I want to deal with this level of discomfort that long lol.

Again, I'm just surprised because this is a first for me, wondering if others experienced anything like this with this product?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hmm thats weird. I didnt have a problem with it. But if its giving you the runs and gas i would just say ditch it.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
drinking with water or milk / consumed in different way?

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Its the WPC, get yourself a digestive enZyme , works wonders

Db2

Db2

Awards
Yep, tried in water, almond milk, and cashew milk, with two different enzymes. No dice so far! :/ tastes really good too. Bummed!

I do a wpc/isolate post workout with no issues, feels great. That's kind of what I don't get. Ive used all kinds of powders with no problems, it's a first for me.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
You seem fine with every individual part of the blend so its very odd.

+ very low lactose

Maybe your body rejects delicious things ;)

Db2

Db2

Awards
I was also wondering about a bad batch...?

It's really very fluffy/sticky, is that normal for Select?

The tub was a little banged up looking when I got it, and the vendor had been out for weeks, they located a tub for me at an alt warehouse. Was wondering if PES may have had an issue.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I was also wondering about a bad batch...? It's really very fluffy/sticky, is that normal for Select? The tub was a little banged up looking when I got it, and the vendor had been out for weeks, they located a tub for me at an alt warehouse. Was wondering if PES may have had an issue.
If the seal was intact I doubt this.

A "bad batch" would have effected hundreds and we'd know

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If the seal was intact I doubt this.

A "bad batch" would have effected hundreds and we'd know
Correct
A batch of protein is not a sole tub or two tubs it is talking about hundreds or so tubs depending on the lot size of the batch and could be thousands of pounds of protein at once. So if one person was off, it would be the same for a lot of other folks. Maybe not everyone here on AM but there would be a small uproar.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm sorry you experienced digestive issues, but I haven't seen any feedback like this. And people are not shy about letting us know. I've struggled with IBS and lactose intolerance, but have used Select pretty much daily since it was first released with no issues.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Adding a digestive enzyme would mitigate the issue, although I haven't heard many/if any consumers have an issue with Select.

Db2

Db2

Awards
I feel crazy. But I searched and found two other threads of people only having a prob w select (one here, one elsewhere). Regardless, I waited to post until I was sure that was it.

I added two different enzymes on a few occasions to no avail. Kinda bummed, I love the taste and profile. *shrugs*

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You're not crazy, but I'll admit this is a weird one if you have a "steel trap stomach" and haven't had issues with other proteins. My stomach would be the polar opposite of steel trap, so usually if I can eat something, anybody can lol. What kind of enzymes have you tried so far?

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
I have never had problems digesting select but if you are having problems look into metabolic nutritional protozyme, they threw in some digestive enzymes that really make my stomach feel at rest. But again I have never had issues with PES products