Fish oil and vitamin ?

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
There are so many different companies selling fish oil and multivitamins. I haven't been using any and know I should be. What do you recommend and why?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Lots of options out there. In my cabinet I have Animal Pak currently along side MT Platinum multi & same goes for fish oil.
I wouldn't over think.
A lot of people tend to recommend orange triad for the joint support but personally I have never tried that product.
Some people like to choose multis w/o iron as well. I'd say find one from a brand you trust/enjoy.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Really like Controlled Labs for both

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Just saw you wanted why.

Orange Triad is more geared to athletes, has everything covered and added bonuses like ALA.
Good bioavailable forms of the vitamins

Orange Oximega is tested.
Huge with fish oil.
No heavy metals, and a solid EPA/DHA content

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Thanks guys. I went with Controlled Labs for both. I had them in mind from the start, but thought I would get some suggestions from others. I have used some of their other products and was very satisfied. Controlled Labs is a very good and trustworthy company as far as I am concerned

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks guys. I went with Controlled Labs for both. I had them in mind from the start, but thought I would get some suggestions from others. I have used some of their other products and was very satisfied. Controlled Labs is a very good and trustworthy company as far as I am concerned
Absolutely! They are very generous as well, and their reps are top notch :)

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There are so many different companies selling fish oil and multivitamins. I haven't been using any and know I should be. What do you recommend and why?
Any reason why you say you should be supplementing with the two?

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Any reason why you say you should be supplementing with the two?
Are you asking why I am choosing to use fish oil and a multivitamin? I know that I am needing the extra vitamins and my joints are yelling, "fish oil please". Well, based on past experience, fish oil has helped. I'm not sure if I answered your question.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'll also echo that Controlled Labs is a great choice for both. I don't personally use a multi, but if I did, I'd opt for CL's.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
I only used one thing from CL but I got no complaints and as you see here others like them also.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just saw you wanted why.

Orange Triad is more geared to athletes, has everything covered and added bonuses like ALA.
Good bioavailable forms of the vitamins

Orange Oximega is tested.
Huge with fish oil.
No heavy metals, and a solid EPA/DHA content
Nough said!

NEBinAK

NEBinAK

Awards
It's pretty hard to beat orange triad and oximega, except maybe orange triad + greens stacked with oximega :D

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Another benefit of CL is the lift your label program. By using their fish oil and multi, you'll be getting your incentives in no time.

gagandugan

gagandugan

Awards
  • Established
I take multivitamins and fish oil every day. There are many good products out there. Honestly, I'll buy any good purified fish oil with high DHA/EPA content; I can even buy liquid fish oil and eat it with a spoon, no problem. When it comes to multi... I have tried many things, but now I'm using Orange Triad and I'm going to keep buying as long as they are making it. This is one fantastic product. I like what the guys @ Controlled Labs are doing and I'm thinking about trying their Greens and Gold Feast Fruit products. Has anyone had experience with these?

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I take multivitamins and fish oil every day. There are many good products out there. Honestly, I'll buy any good purified fish oil with high DHA/EPA content; I can even buy liquid fish oil and eat it with a spoon, no problem. When it comes to multi... I have tried many things, but now I'm using Orange Triad and I'm going to keep buying as long as they are making it. This is one fantastic product. I like what the guys @ Controlled Labs are doing and I'm thinking about trying their Greens and Gold Feast Fruit products. Has anyone had experience with these?
I use OT with Greens. I enjoy it, but I can't say I've felt any different with Greens than without. But I believe the absorption is better in a powder.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you asking why I am choosing to use fish oil and a multivitamin? I know that I am needing the extra vitamins and my joints are yelling, "fish oil please". Well, based on past experience, fish oil has helped. I'm not sure if I answered your question.
How do you know that you're "needing extra vitamins"?. Are you sick or malnourished?

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I'm always lethargic and tired. I know I'm not eating the vitamins I need as well.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm always lethargic and tired. I know I'm not eating the vitamins I need as well.
You can't just assume that's from a vitamin deficiency. That could be a million different things which I'm doubting a multivitamin will solve. You might want to talk to your doctor and get a CMP. Don't get into the habit of trying to "fix" yourself by taking different supplements. Seriously if you're always lethargic and tired that's a health problem and it can't be solved by supplements.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lots of options out there. In my cabinet I have Animal Pak currently along side MT Platinum multi & same goes for fish oil.
I wouldn't over think.
A lot of people tend to recommend orange triad for the joint support but personally I have never tried that product.
Some people like to choose multis w/o iron as well. I'd say find one from a brand you trust/enjoy.
IMO a multi is something everyone should put alot of research into before considering supplementing with. Telling some not to over think it is silly.

I get it that some of the vitamins in these products need to be dosed high to be absorbed in any appreciable amounts but veggies ain't broke and i bet in the future some concerning studies will continue to come out surrounding supplementing with these things.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
You can't just assume that's from a vitamin deficiency. That could be a million different things which I'm doubting a multivitamin will solve. You might want to talk to your doctor and get a CMP. Don't get into the habit of trying to "fix" yourself by taking different supplements. Seriously if you're always lethargic and tired that's a health problem and it can't be solved by supplements.
I do agree with this. While it never hurts to get in more vitamins/ minerals, there is a rather large ongoing debate as too how much of the contents of a multivitamin actually make it into circulation. So if you have legitimate lethargy - then you may have other issues going on that are not related to vitamin or mineral deficiency.

Your best bet would be to maximise vegetable and fruit intake (better for overall health anyway) rather than opt for a pill. If you cannot stomach vegetables well, try to blend them with overpowering fruits (a nutribullet, juicer etc).

Carrots, Spinach, Apples, Berries, Banana and Wheatgrass make a tasty smoothie. I often add banana protein powder to mine to emphasize the banana taste.

Fish oil would be my oil suggested addition if it is not rancid (check a capsule to make sure).

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
As Driven said - you really can't beat CL products for a multi and fish oils.

http: //orbitnutrition.com/cart/controlled-labs/

You can grab them here for 10% off with the code social.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Controlled Labs Orange Triad and Oximega arrived Wednesday. Thanks for the input