Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
No more lemon verbana?

No more taurine?

You make me sad.
You been out the game! Lol. Yeah I am bummed too. I didn't care about taurine but I the LV got me. New version is still a good formula. I guess people complained about the coloring and some other things. I think LV will be an AS solo product in the future iirc.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You been out the game! Lol. Yeah I am bummed too. I didn't care about taurine but I the LV got me. New version is still a good formula. I guess people complained about the coloring and some other things. I think LV will be an AS solo product in the future iirc.
I generally buy in bulk.

Who the hell whines about coloring?!?

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I generally buy in bulk.

Who the hell whines about coloring?!?
Oh no! My blueberry burst is yellow, it must really taste like lemonade. ... I'm so confused :(

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I generally buy in bulk. Who the hell whines about coloring?!?
They were whining about the taste too

Makes sense PES did it, as there was demand,
And new things were added,
But LV was a unique addition I hear you

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The Lemon Verbena was a terrible addition taste-wise. Made every sip taste like Pine-Sol. If they want to sell it standalone and cap it, fine; or like Acute FX - flavored caps you can open, fine too.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
The Lemon Verbena was a terrible addition taste-wise. Made every sip taste like Pine-Sol. If they want to sell it standalone and cap it, fine; or like Acute FX - flavored caps you can open, fine too.
You try the reformulation yet?

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Surely you've been around long enough that nothing on the market today actually tastes bad.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
I honestly didn't notice a difference in taste with the new 7 serve one i tried in watermelon vs the old, i only noticed the sandy aftertaste from the b vitamins has gone which is good, but i feel like LV should have stayed screw the little bitches who were complaining about a minor taste issue lol i love great tasting products sure, but i want effective products more than ones that taste good, if something provides me with good performance i will drink it, and not give two chits if it tastes like death, craze was a prime example lol tasted terrible but i didn't mind because i was killing it in the gym on it, and as long as it's drinkable then its not a big deal to me. however, i will say i do love TMG in the mix, as i happen to notice that fullness more mid workout sipping on it, compared to an acute dose pre, which i already had with ergonine, but i like getting extra and if i could make an amino, i would have TMG + LV for sure. but taking LV out and selling it separately feels the same as selling me a video game with half the maps left out to be sold as DLC later while you still pay full price on the game then need to pay more to install the maps deliberately taken out.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ii feel like LV should have stayed screw the little bitches who were complaining about a minor taste issue lol i love great tasting products sure, but i want effective products more than ones that taste good, if something provides me with good performance i will drink it, and not give two chits if it tastes like death, craze was a prime example lol tasted terrible but i didn't mind because i was killing it in the gym on it, and as long as it's drinkable then its not a big deal to me. however, i will say i do love TMG in the mix, as i happen to notice that fullness more mid workout sipping on it, compared to an acute dose pre, which i already had with ergonine, but i like getting extra and if i could make an amino, i would have TMG + LV for sure. but taking LV out and selling it separately feels the same as selling me a video game with half the maps left out to be sold as DLC later while you still pay full price on the game then need to pay more to install the maps deliberately taken out.
Bold = QFT

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I honestly didn't notice a difference in taste with the new 7 serve one i tried in watermelon vs the old, i only noticed the sandy aftertaste from the b vitamins has gone which is good, but i feel like LV should have stayed screw the little bitches who were complaining about a minor taste issue lol i love great tasting products sure, but i want effective products more than ones that taste good
The reformulated Amino IV is still effective and great tasting. Reality is that most people are not willing to look the other way on taste, color, consistency, etc.

ddfox

ddfox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bold = QFT
Unfortunately he's in the small minority. I work at a retailer who sells PES -- if they plan on bringing Amino IV to the masses then the change probably had to be made. I do at least 2-3 returns EVERY day based on taste only!

Just my opinion.

I love PES products & consistently sell out of their Select, Norco, & Alphamine in my store. I suggest them to everybody. But you'd be surprised how many people will return a product after 1 serving & say it tasted bad. Now try to sell them on Amino IV after they have been drinking all those sweet tasting intra drinks.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Unfortunately he's in the small minority. I work at a retailer who sells PES -- if they plan on bringing Amino IV to the masses then the change probably had to be made. I do a least 2-3 returns EVERY day based on taste only!

Just my opinion. I love PES products & consistently sell out of their Select, Norco, & Alphamine in my store. I suggest them to everybody. But you'd be surprised how many people will return a product after 1 serving & say it tasted bad. Now try to sell them on Amino IV after they have been drinking all those sweet tasting intra drinks.
Its just sad to see people buy a product for its taste and not the formula or ingredient makeup (like Auslifter said). Which is why the product is made to assist with pre/intra-workout endurance and performance.

lets look at just a good tasting product for instance Thats why ON can sell a pixie dusted amino energy at 2g of BCAA's and 50mg caffeine. Pretty easy to make a product with no real significance caffeine or BCAA wise at those low of a dose but it tastes good so people buy it.

I have a very sensitive stomach and Amino IV tastes great (all flavors IMO) Which is why i love the product. Its unique, its well dosed! Maybe i am just the minority but the majority of the feedback on here (AM) and other boards are very high as far as flavoring in the old. But to everyone has different taste buds.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Its just sad to see people buy a product for its taste and not the formula or ingredient makeup (like Auslifter said). Which is why the product is made to assist with pre/intra-workout endurance and performance.

lets look at just a good tasting product for instance Thats why ON can sell a pixie dusted amino energy at 2g of BCAA's and 50mg caffeine. Pretty easy to make a product with no real significance caffeine or BCAA wise at those low of a dose but it tastes good so people buy it.

I have a very sensitive stomach and Amino IV tastes great (all flavors IMO) Which is why i love the product. Its unique, its well dosed! Maybe i am just the minority but the majority of the feedback on here (AM) and other boards are very high as far as flavoring in the old. But to everyone has different taste buds.
I also thought the original tasted great. I'm not doubting the need for a change based on feedback, because PES would be pretty keen on what consumers are complaining about. My biggest issue was the two "additions" to Amino IV are already found in ample supply of Ergonine. Considering I stocked up on tons of E9 I don't really have any need for the new additions to Amino IV. I would have preferred they used ingredients that weren't so easily found in another product they sell. Subtracting Lemona+buying a lot of E9 renders Amino IV a bit redundant for this guy.

Still hoping to see some big sales on the OG!

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If looking for OG, TF supps still has some...as well as an un sponsored retail shop where I just picked up a couple OG cherry lime's for like $25/ea...

Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
The reformulated Amino IV is still effective and great tasting. Reality is that most people are not willing to look the other way on taste, color, consistency, etc.
you know what would be cool, is if the LV just came in a packet inside the tub and you have the option to open it and dump into it if you want to or not to keep the fairy's happy, and so everyone else isn't having to lose out on dat LV

Unfortunately he's in the small minority. I work at a retailer who sells PES -- if they plan on bringing Amino IV to the masses then the change probably had to be made. I do at least 2-3 returns EVERY day based on taste only!

Just my opinion.

I love PES products & consistently sell out of their Select, Norco, & Alphamine in my store. I suggest them to everybody. But you'd be surprised how many people will return a product after 1 serving & say it tasted bad. Now try to sell them on Amino IV after they have been drinking all those sweet tasting intra drinks.
surprised your allowed to return products after opening them there lol here after you opened it, that's it no refunds or returns

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

LG's Anadraulic State made people train insanely, but the taste was putrid.

I don't care about how effective a formula is if I can't train effectively because of the taste and side effects from processing the taste.

So you like OG Amino IV and Auslifter likes his lemon parties; good for you both, stock up.

Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
LG's Anadraulic State made people train insanely, but the taste was putrid.

I don't care about how effective a formula is if I can't train effectively because of the taste and side effects from processing the taste.

So you like OG Amino IV and Auslifter likes his lemon parties; good for you both, stock up.
lmao at side effects from processing the taste, oh chit i can't finish these curls man my amino iv has made me sick better go home and wrap myself in bubble wrap

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lmao at side effects from processing the taste, oh chit i can't finish these curls man my amino iv has made me sick better go home and wrap myself in bubble wrap
You are a great man and a true iron giant.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I also thought the original tasted great. I'm not doubting the need for a change based on feedback, because PES would be pretty keen on what consumers are complaining about. My biggest issue was the two "additions" to Amino IV are already found in ample supply of Ergonine. Considering I stocked up on tons of E9 I don't really have any need for the new additions to Amino IV. I would have preferred they used ingredients that weren't so easily found in another product they sell. Subtracting Lemona+buying a lot of E9 renders Amino IV a bit redundant for this guy.

Still hoping to see some big sales on the OG!
Athletix is essentially a forum brand, not many people outside of internet forums know about it; its only sold directly to customers and not through distributors so the overlap in ingredients reflects that. Most people using Amino IV will never have heard of ergonine. I go into detail regarding the changes here:

anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/247208-next-pes-insider-124.html#post4881052

touchless21

Awards
  • Established

Just my opinion.

The CL to me was the 2nd best supplement I've ever had (taste-wise), while the BB was the 2nd worst. I thought it was just a matter of taste buds. If LV has so much effect on the taste, I wonder why I like CL so much but couldn't stand BB.

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
do not care about taste care about results and unique ingredients though

bbartsche

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If looking for OG, TF supps still has some...as well as an un sponsored retail shop where I just picked up a couple OG cherry lime's for like $25/ea...
schizm, wanna pm me to where you got the original Cherry limeade?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hope AS makes a solo LV product :fingers crossed:

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really liked the flavour of the original Amino IV. That being said, we got too many complaints about the flavour (this blew my mind when I first heard people complaining because I legitimately thought it was awesome).

I enjoyed lemon verbena, having an antioxidant without hampering cellular adaptation to exercise was novel. However, I am happy to replace that with betaine which has actual end point data on body composition and performance.

"Arm CSA increased significantly (p < .05) in BET but not PL. No differences existed between group and time for changes in thigh CSA. Back squat training volume increased significantly (p < .05) for both groups throughout training. Bench press training volume was significantly (p < .05) improved for BET compared to PL at microcycles one and three. Body composition (BF%, FM, LBM) improved significantly (p < .05) in BET but not PL. No differences were found in performance variables (BP, BS, VJ) between groups, except there was a trend (p = .07) for increased VJ power in BET versus PL. A significant interaction (p < .05) existed for HCTL, with increases from BL to week 2 in PL, but not BET. Additionally, HCTL remained elevated at week 4 in PL, but not BET."

http://www.jissn.com/content/10/1/39

As much as I love lemon verbena, I love betaine more. On top of that, l-analyl-l-glutamine has rehydration data in humans during 40 minute exercise periods which applicable to someone performing workouts in a gym.

"During DHY subjects lost 1.72 ± 0.42 kg (2.3%) of their body mass. No differences in fluid intake (1.55 ± 0.43 L) were seen between rehydration trials. A 12.5% (p = 0.016) difference in basketball shooting performance was noted between DHY and AG1 and an 11.1% (p = 0.029) difference was seen between AG1 and W. Visual reaction time was significantly greater following AG1 (p = 0.014) compared to DHY. Differences (p = 0.045) in fatigue, as determined by player loads, were seen only between AG2 and DHY. No differences were seen in peak or mean vertical jump power during any trial.

Rehydration with AG appears to maintain basketball skill performance and visual reaction time to a greater extent than water only."

http://www.jissn.com/content/9/1/4

This will also allow the product to look and taste better as well which is a plus for everyone. :)

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if that is the case
~2.5g Betaine
~10g BCAA/EAA
how much Hica and SynerGlut?
that leaves ~2.5g left. Usually HICA will yield ~1g to be effective
The total blend is 15g. We didn't specify an exact 10g for the BCAA/EAA blend sans betaine, hica and SynerGlut. :)

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
schizm, wanna pm me to where you got the original Cherry limeade?
I would if pm's weren't down...however if you pull IV up on priceplow, it's the 2nd retailer listed...$24 and some change

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
put the LV in a bag an optioned to add to the formula then i would buy it agian otherwise only OG iv for me

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Driven2lift can confirm for you

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards