Best supplement to slow down thyroid

DoubleM101

DoubleM101

Awards
  • Established
Hey,

Theres any efficient supplement at slowing down the Thyroid?

I suffer from anxiety and agoraphobia and i suspect the thyroid has some influence on it. Last year i´ve made some lab test and Free T4 was in the higher borderline. About 20 pmol/L. The doctor paid not much attention to that saying it still was in the range but i already read that in some cases it doesn´t need to cross the borderline to cause anxiety and other symptoms in some people.

I already tried these two supplements for 2/3 months in a row each one on them:

ThyroSoothe from Native Remedies and Thyroid Calming Compound from Herb Farm.

Can´t say i didn´t notice some results but they were very very subtle i don´t know if it was placebo effect or not.

Do you know any other supplement/ingredient i can try?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
This 100% opposite of what body composition athletes attempt to do - I wouldn't expect a lot of answers.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Was it in range as your doc said?

This sounds like am improper endeavour to me

How was your t3?

Your doctor should address those symptoms alternatively

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Look up potassium iodine
I would not recommend doing this. It actually wouldn't do what he wants to do anyway - quite the opposite. It's used to "fill up" the thyroid with iodine, so that radioactive iodine can't be absorbed. A *normal* thyroid filled with iodine would be operating at maximum efficiency.

CJNator

Awards
I would not recommend doing this. It actually wouldn't do what he wants to do anyway - quite the opposite. It's used to "fill up" the thyroid with iodine, so that radioactive iodine can't be absorbed. A *normal* thyroid filled with iodine would be operating at maximum efficiency.
Oh ok, I though it was to regulate it if too high or too low.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Hey,

Theres any efficient supplement at slowing down the Thyroid?

I suffer from anxiety and agoraphobia and i suspect the thyroid has some influence on it. Last year i´ve made some lab test and Free T4 was in the higher borderline. About 20 pmol/L. The doctor paid not much attention to that saying it still was in the range but i already read that in some cases it doesn´t need to cross the borderline to cause anxiety and other symptoms in some people.

I already tried these two supplements for 2/3 months in a row each one on them:

ThyroSoothe from Native Remedies and Thyroid Calming Compound from Herb Farm.

Can´t say i didn´t notice some results but they were very very subtle i don´t know if it was placebo effect or not.

Do you know any other supplement/ingredient i can try?
See your doctor if its medical.

Also, be mindful that connecting the dots yourself (linking high thyroid output with anxiety) if you have zero knowledge apart from what Dr. Google says, may be incorrect. You may have anxiety from something entirely unrelated.