Need a quick review on two protein brands

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A local store in Canada that specializes in low carb products is clearing out some protein. Although I would never buy this two items at a full price. Do they taste good? Worth it at the reduced price?

Syntrax Matrix Sustained Release Protein Blend - Peanut Butter Cookie - 5 lb
($28.00) ~$5/lb so I'm thinking at least good for baking no?

Nuts n more Almond infused protein - 2lb
($26.50)

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've had the Syntrax pbc, was great in smoothies, didn't bake with it and found it a bit too sweet for my tastes as just a shake, but at that price, would prolly pick it up.
Haven't tried the nuts n more protein, but have read their peanut butter is awesome...fwiw

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've had the Syntrax pbc, was great in smoothies, didn't bake with it and found it a bit too sweet for my tastes as just a shake, but at that price, would prolly pick it up.
Haven't tried the nuts n more protein, but have read their peanut butter is awesome...fwiw
Thanks dude, even if Syntrax is amino spiked it's still not a bad deal lol.

The nuts n more pb is great, try Toffee if your thinking about it. I do love the pumpkin though.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
28 bucks for five lbs thats pretty good. I'd just jump on it and try it for 28 bucks.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Syntrax is amazing and if you say otherwise, you might get sued :D

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Syntrax is amazing and if you say otherwise, you might get sued :D
After some more targeted Google searches found some lawsuits by and against the company.

Suffice to say the deal doesn't sound as good to me anymore.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
After some more targeted Google searches found some lawsuits by and against the company.

Who cares. $28 for five pounds of protein!. I'd scoop that up before someone else does!. Syntrax Matrix 5.0 correct? The orange creamsicle flavor is amazing!

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Weren't those like back in the late 90's/early 2000's though? I don't recall hearing/reading anything like that about them recently...

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I would still buy it. I've had Syntrax before. The taste is good, not the best, not the worst, and it has a clean label.