R-ALA/NA-R-ALA Questions.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So this supplement has discussed plenty and it's already been confirmed that the termination elimination is 17-22 hours. Would this mean that the best time to dose this would be in the morning, in it's full dosage? Why do people split up the dosage?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I lean to NA rala

And for the majority if the benefits, at a good dose, fasted in the morning is fine

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I lean to NA rala

And for the majority if the benefits, at a good dose, fasted in the morning is fine
Yup, that's what I've been told. If it stays in tissue for basically the entire day, there seems to be no need to split dose it, unless the nutrient partitioning is a more acute effect.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Yup, that's what I've been told. If it stays in tissue for basically the entire day, there seems to be no need to split dose it, unless the nutrient partitioning is a more acute effect.
In a GDA it would be a smaller dose so they suggested prior to each large meal

In bulk at a good dose you're set

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In a GDA it would be a smaller dose so they suggested prior to each large meal

In bulk at a good dose you're set
Thanks for the confirmation. Now the question I've been wondering forever can be put to rest.

Paulyd97

Awards
Guys take it 15-30 minutes pre meal! Don't take in morning on empty stomach if you are not going too eat! Trust me you will feel nauseous and sick and the product will go too waste! It needs carbs too be utilized!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Guys take it 15-30 minutes pre meal! Don't take in morning on empty stomach if you are not going too eat! Trust me you will feel nauseous and sick and the product will go too waste! It needs carbs too be utilized!
Carb shuttling is not its only use

It does not make you hypoglycemic at any normal dose

Paulyd97

Awards
What are u using it for? What other uses maybe I can utilize?

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What doses do you guys do for each scenario?
I think he means that if Na-R-ALA is included in a GDA formula, it should be used pre-meal. If using alone (like I am), it should be okay to use at the start of the day or whenever you first want to use it.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
What are u using it for? What other uses maybe I can utilize?
Read up on it, most potent anti oxidant around
Good effects on several health markers

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
From Examine:

Alpha-Lipoic Acid (ALA) is a mitochondrial fatty acid that is highly involved in energy metabolism. It is synthesized in the body and can be consumed through eating meats and minimally in some fruits/vegetables.

In supplement form, it has shown benefit against various forms of oxidation and inflammation. These effects carry on to benefits that protect one from heart diseases, liver diseases, diabetes, and neurological decline with age.

It is a potent anti-oxidant compound. It works with mitochondria and the body's natural anti-oxidant defenses. It is also seen as an anti-aging compound since it can reverse some of the oxidant damage related effects of aging.

Things to Note

Alpha-Lipoic Acid, despite being a fatty acid, appears to be water soluble in the gut and is absorbed by transporters. Coingestion with fatty acids in the diet does not appear to be required
Can be bound by avidin, and thus coingestion with raw egg whites can possibly negate the benefits of supplementation

Standard dosages of Alpha-lipoic acid (ALA) tend to be in the range of 300-600mg; with little differentiation as to whether the racemic mixture of ALA (S- and R- isomers) or Na-R-ALA results in higher blood levels.

Alpha-lipoic acid appears to be absorbed via transporter-related means, and despite being inherently fat-soluble it does not require dietary fatty acids to be absorbed from the gut. ALA supplementation can be taken in a fasted state.
Good stuff, and pretty cheap.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think he means that if Na-R-ALA is included in a GDA formula, it should be used pre-meal. If using alone (like I am), it should be okay to use at the start of the day or whenever you first want to use it.
WhT i was asking is what dosage do you guys take in the morning for the whole day setup? and or what dosage do you take for the gda pre meal setup?

Paulyd97

Awards
Pre meal I take between 200-250 mg! Good idea is around 100mg per 40-50 grams carbs

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
WhT i was asking is what dosage do you guys take in the morning for the whole day setup? and or what dosage do you take for the gda pre meal setup?
300mg Na-R-ALA seems to be the go-to at the start of the day. And for ALA, I believe it's 3x as much (900mg). I see people splitting doses in half for the GDA setup (150/150)

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
300mg Na-R-ALA seems to be the go-to at the start of the day. And for ALA, I believe it's 3x as much (900mg). I see people splitting doses in half for the GDA setup (150/150)
And i would assume 450/450 for gda use of ala?

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah. I have ALA caps from NP that are 300 mg each so I have to probably make the choice of 600+300 instead of 450/450
Gotcha. Yea those caps are why im asking. Seen them the other day lol

storm 011

storm 011

Awards
  • Established
not to be taken with MCT, because they inhibit the absorption in the intestine ..
I used the Na-R-ALA of PremiumPowders, and am currently using the K-R-Ala 10 Liquid, and the R-Ala Bio-Enhanced (both of Geronova Research)
high quality, if not the best.... I personally take it before meals containing carbohydrates, to maximize / vehicular storage of glycogen, so as GDA.
note: if you take the liquid, do not take it with acidic foods or juices

jp_x_type

jp_x_type

Awards
  • Established
I use timed release ala in 300mg tabs (minus 10 or jarrow ala sustain or source naturals timed release ala) as well as na rla from aor mito charger and cl glycobol. Good stuff for fat burning and damage limitation when havinqg cheat meals. Ive noticed visible recomp changes with ala no matter how i dose it. Ive been taking it for over 10 years and its one of those supps i wouldnt go without. Very underrated in my opinion. However it makes me feel flat when im low carbing so i reduce the dose accordingly when necessary