Partition MD

DieselJD

Awards
Any body looked at prime nutritions partition md yet? looks interesting, just wondering what people thought about it.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks very expensive and underdosed, IMO.

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
i think we all know why Evan isnt witht that company anymore...

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Looks very expensive and underdosed, IMO.
Cooper said this on another forum:

" Cinnulin PF is dosed well. But you'd need to take multiple bottles at once in order to get active doses of berberine, anthocyanins, and r-ala. Charantin is crap and promotes adipogenesis and fat gain; momordin is the valuable compound in bitter melon. I can go on"

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cooper said this on another forum:

" Cinnulin PF is dosed well. But you'd need to take multiple bottles at once in order to get active doses of berberine, anthocyanins, and r-ala. Charantin is crap and promotes adipogenesis and fat gain; momordin is the valuable compound in bitter melon. I can go on"
Maybe the "Super Berberine" makes it worthwhile ;) Even Magnum Mimic has higher doses of R-ALA and Berberine than Partition MD.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
"Super Berberine" is a Berberine-cyclodextrin complex

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
"Super Berberine" is a Berberine-cyclodextrin complex
Yeah, I know. I read the writeup, just not sure how much more effective "Super Berberine" will be compared to 4 times the dose of "normal" Berberine.

I'm all for some explanations that improve my opinion of the product, though. Just seems like capitalization on Meadow's name more than anything, IMO.

I really hope someone proves me wrong.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't know how much of a difference it makes either, just putting it out there for those who may be wondering what makes it "super".

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I am sure John will release a video revealing the science behind it and the reason he made it this way just like he did with Intra-MD (this is an assumption) but guessing.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am sure John will release a video revealing the science behind it and the reason he made it this way just like he did with Intra-MD (this is an assumption) but guessing.
He did mention making a video a few weeks ago.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wouldn't 50mg of a b-cyclodextrin complexed berberine only be like 10-12mg of actual berberine?

In the chart from the study they chose, the b-cd only resulted in a 100% increase in berberine solubility.

So I'm not all that sure how using a fraction of the dose in a complex that only doubles solubility is somehow considered a good thing.

Also, labeling their berberine cyclodextrin complex and sodium caprate as simply 'super-berberine' is not quite legal.

Vj63

Banned
Awards
Anyone that would want to deal with anything that assclowns like Singerman and Braun are involved with deserve just what they get.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anyone that would want to deal with anything that assclowns like Singerman and Braun are involved with deserve just what they get.
Honestly, this is why I am very skeptical about Prime Nutrition.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Wouldn't 50mg of a b-cyclodextrin complexed berberine only be like 10-12mg of actual berberine?

In the chart from the study they chose, the b-cd only resulted in a 100% increase in berberine solubility.

So I'm not all that sure how using a fraction of the dose in a complex that only doubles solubility is somehow considered a good thing.

Also, labeling their berberine cyclodextrin complex and sodium caprate as simply 'super-berberine' is not quite legal.
Yes, I already said this on BB.com. 11mg berberine will do nothing even if it has 20x better absorption

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, I already said this on BB.com. 11mg berberine will do nothing even if it has 20x better absorption
I feel like this is a frequent issue in the industry.

Add some sort of modified absorption-enhanced ingredient for novelty sake, then put in at doses so low that they don't even break even on equivalent effectiveness thus defeating the purpose.

Then charge a premium anyway because hey, super cool premium ingredient! And uh research! And *pictures of dudes in lab coats* yay science!

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The only product that interests me from this line is Intra-MD.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I feel like this is a frequent issue in the industry.

Add some sort of modified absorption-enhanced ingredient for novelty sake, then put in at doses so low that they don't even break even on equivalent effectiveness thus defeating the purpose.

Then charge a premium anyway because hey, super cool premium ingredient! And uh research! And *pictures of dudes in lab coats* yay science!
Yep. What's shocking to me is how much support it's getting on BB.com. The culture there has flipped on its head since the brighter minds all left. Now any company selling bunk crap can win over support (not saying anyone specific)

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yep. What's shocking to me is how much support it's getting on BB.com. The culture there has flipped on its head since the brighter minds all left. Now any company selling bunk crap can win over support (not saying anyone specific)
I honestly can't figure that out, it seemed like overnight they showed up and were hugely popular.

2 years ago the bb.com forum crowd would have absolutely mocked any company with biotest styled formulas for biotest style prices.

Now John Meadows is at Prime and everyone is eating products up that they would have been laughing at recently.

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
I honestly can't figure that out, it seemed like overnight they showed up and were hugely popular.

2 years ago the bb.com forum crowd would have absolutely mocked any company with biotest styled formulas for biotest style prices.

Now John Meadows is at Prime and everyone is eating products up that they would have been laughing at recently.
i could guess a reason why. hes probably stewing reading all this as well. lol.

NewAgeMayan

Awards

yeah but the synergy bro

Mrbolt84

Mrbolt84

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure he will...and then to follow are the prime bikini athletes pimping out the product with pictures of tits and ass.
I'll stick with my slinsane...for half the price

mountaindog1

Awards
This formula need to be viewed comprehensively as an integrated product. There are already 5 other ingredients that are "clinically dosed." However, there are a few considerations for why more is not necessarily better with this type of product:

--Cost of goods is always a consideration despite...to have "clinically dosed" each of these ingredients would have put the COG on this product in the stratosphere.

--Insulin sensitivity, GLUT4 transporters are present on adipocytes. Do you really want to be making fat cells exquisitely sensitive to even basal levels of insulin? The ideal scenario is actually to allow for preferential sensitization of skeletal muscle as a tissue compartment foe nutrient uptake, while simultaneously allowing lipolysis, and fatty acid liberation from fat/adipose tissue compartment and beta-oxidation in BAT (brown adipose tissue--full of mitochondria), muscle and lean tissues.

Sometimes getting the job done right takes a finishing nail & hammer. If you use a 12 lb. sledgehammer for finishing nails and crown molding, you'd be in trouble.

--Physiology takes "coaxing," as opposed to always wrestling with it...otherwise, as many who have tried manipulation insulin, carbohydrate/glucose uptake agents can attest, you end up quickly bumping up against a wall with diminishing returns, and diminished response.

--Sure, berberine hcl (IN ISOLATION) requires about 500mg dose to get comparable or better responses than metformin at 500mg. However, this enhanced version (along with over 5 other ingredients that are already clinically dosed didn't require much). Again, we are looking to "modulate" and "coax" AMPK signaling responses that are targeted and transient for all of its benefits, without the ugly tradeoff of MPS /Anabolic inhibition...we do not end up with a constitutive (constant & chronic) activation.

--As for R-ALA, sure could it be higher at 100mg per serving? Sure, but remember the higher the potency of the formulation per capsule, the less customization & autoregulation/ titration ability the consumer has. Moreover, R-ALA sensitization of insulin receptor is not purely specific to muscle...fat can respond too. :)

--Balancing efficacy, safety, tolerance and therapeutic dose-ranging flexibility (allows more versatility for a broader population of consumers to benefit from this product) is always an important factor. Some individuals may respond great with lower end dosing, and others can easily titrate up as needed (1-3 servings pre-meal as needed). The concept is customizability, autoregulation and titration. If you go too concentrated on a per minimum dose (per cap), then that is what your lower limit becomes. Having a lower "floor" that is still efficacious provides this enhanced flexibility & versatility.

John Meadows

Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
tldr

Brb doing some good ol fashion Resistance training and HIIT Cardio to help shuttle glucose towards mi bicepz

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
This formula need to be viewed comprehensively as an integrated product. There are already 5 other ingredients that are "clinically dosed." However, there are a few considerations for why more is not necessarily better with this type of product:

--Cost of goods is always a consideration despite...to have "clinically dosed" each of these ingredients would have put the COG on this product in the stratosphere.

--Insulin sensitivity, GLUT4 transporters are present on adipocytes. Do you really want to be making fat cells exquisitely sensitive to even basal levels of insulin? The ideal scenario is actually to allow for preferential sensitization of skeletal muscle as a tissue compartment foe nutrient uptake, while simultaneously allowing lipolysis, and fatty acid liberation from fat/adipose tissue compartment and beta-oxidation in BAT (brown adipose tissue--full of mitochondria), muscle and lean tissues.

Sometimes getting the job done right takes a finishing nail & hammer. If you use a 12 lb. sledgehammer for finishing nails and crown molding, you'd be in trouble.

--Physiology takes "coaxing," as opposed to always wrestling with it...otherwise, as many who have tried manipulation insulin, carbohydrate/glucose uptake agents can attest, you end up quickly bumping up against a wall with diminishing returns, and diminished response.

--Sure, berberine hcl (IN ISOLATION) requires about 500mg dose to get comparable or better responses than metformin at 500mg. However, this enhanced version (along with over 5 other ingredients that are already clinically dosed didn't require much). Again, we are looking to "modulate" and "coax" AMPK signaling responses that are targeted and transient for all of its benefits, without the ugly tradeoff of MPS /Anabolic inhibition...we do not end up with a constitutive (constant & chronic) activation.

--As for R-ALA, sure could it be higher at 100mg per serving? Sure, but remember the higher the potency of the formulation per capsule, the less customization & autoregulation/ titration ability the consumer has. Moreover, R-ALA sensitization of insulin receptor is not purely specific to muscle...fat can respond too. :)

--Balancing efficacy, safety, tolerance and therapeutic dose-ranging flexibility (allows more versatility for a broader population of consumers to benefit from this product) is always an important factor. Some individuals may respond great with lower end dosing, and others can easily titrate up as needed (1-3 servings pre-meal as needed). The concept is customizability, autoregulation and titration. If you go too concentrated on a per minimum dose (per cap), then that is what your lower limit becomes. Having a lower "floor" that is still efficacious provides this enhanced flexibility & versatility.

John Meadows
Welcome to the board John.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
JM dropping knowledge. Welcome!

mountaindog1

Awards
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Appreciate it. Hope you are all enjoying your weekend...

JM

DieselJD

Awards
Thanks for the explanation, wasnt really expecting that ha

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
It goes to show he stands behind the products and the company....