L-Carnitine Question

torylanez

Awards
I've been taking Acetyl L Carnitine (ALCAR) for a couple of days now and I can't handle the stimulant effect it has.
I'm really sensitive to stimulants, I can't handle caffeine in high doses and also ritalin seems to have the same effect.
Does regular L-Carnitine have the same stimulant like effect of ALCAR?

As a follow up question: what is considered the best non-stimulant fat burner?

Carminb1

Carminb1

Awards
Perhaps TTA or CLA could treat you well. I don't believe they are stimulants.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've been taking Acetyl L Carnitine (ALCAR) for a couple of days now and I can't handle the stimulant effect it has.
I'm really sensitive to stimulants, I can't handle caffeine in high doses and also ritalin seems to have the same effect.
Does regular L-Carnitine have the same stimulant like effect of ALCAR?

As a follow up question: what is considered the best non-stimulant fat burner?
In short Acetyl L-Carnitine is used more for energy where as L-Carnitine is used more for fat loss. You would more likely tolerate L-Carnitine better due to the way your body does not process them the same...this explained more in detail

http://nootriment.com/acetyl-l-carnitine-vs-l-carnitine/

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Perhaps TTA or CLA could treat you well. I don't believe they are stimulants.
CLA is pretty worthless
even in doses up to 6g on obese individuals there showed little merit/change as far as bodycomp or weightloss went.

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
have you considered dropping your dose down? just because someone tells you to take 1-2g on the internet doesnt mean you shouldnt adjust to your own needs. given that youve only tried it a couple times im guessing you havent played around with amounts much.

torylanez

Awards
have you considered dropping your dose down? just because someone tells you to take 1-2g on the internet doesnt mean you shouldnt adjust to your own needs. given that youve only tried it a couple times im guessing you havent played around with amounts much.
I took the recommended 500mg dose and it made me feel like I was using ritalin. I hate that feeling.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Interesting stuff
Have experience using it?
Actually just finished up 8 weeks last Tuesday. It's great for stim free fat loss but just make sure you're getting enough water and food through the day or the cramping "feeling" can become a serious issue. If you eat and drink normal tho you'll be fine (just don't do like a 16hr fast with no bcaas or anything)

The fat loss is hard to see while running it as (at least for me) it bloats you a bit. Once it has about a week to clear after your run you will dry up and see the results.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmm I've taking different brands of carnitine but never had one that had a stim effect. I use the liquid version from prosupps and I take CLA for herb store. I haven't had any really good success from non stim products. But I know a lot of people with HBP have to look for those.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am sensitive to stimulates as well and use the Met-Rx liquid L-Carnitine 1500. I realize it is not really supposed to work but it does appear to give me an energy boost during long, 1+hr, boot camp type workouts. I cannot handle caffeine in high doses, nor Beta Alanine in small doses.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Weight Loss 5
xo0ox Supplements 10
Supplements 1
Serious Nutrition Solutions 19
Supplement Logs 0