Best Health and Longevity Supps...Cooper or Synapse

MassMonster76

Awards
Hey

I was wondering what you think are the best longevity or health sups for a bodybuilder and what doses would be best

also side note

Metformin seems to be very popular with the health extension people in terms of living longer and preventing disease

can you also chime in on your thoughts on the longevity benefits versus the bodybuilding benefits

I have heard that it decreases mTOR and Test levels, how valid is this for bodybuilding

thanks

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
the paradox that bodybuilders have is that the quest to build muscle and eat more to maintain that muscle accomplishes the opposite of what you think longevity is....

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
the paradox that bodybuilders have is that the quest to build muscle and eat more to maintain that muscle accomplishes the opposite of what you think longevity is....
True, but people never think about that in their 20's or even 30's at times.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
To not derail this thread, here is a list of my current health/longevity staples. These are ever changing as I try to adjust for what I need/like and discard what I don't need/dislike. Plus I have a fixed supp budget.

AHCC - 1000mg
Curcumin(Meriva) - 1000mg
Bee Propolis - 1100mg
Ashwagandha - 1350mg
Agmatine - 750mg
Vit D - 3,000iu

I will probably try to stay on Sustain Alpha as long as I can, as I feel amazing on it. Best I have in the last year.

I keep some Kava Kava pills close up in case of any anxiety attacks.

Coconut oil and soy lecethin are staple foods.

Pine Pollen extract and Royal Jelly are on my list to try.

I also want to get into nootropics but don't know where to start.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
No about what you said about suistan alpha, i taugh you might have been older

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No about what you said about suistan alpha, i taugh you might have been older
In my late teens I abused PH/DS's not knowing exactly what they were, the repercussions or addiction potential . A ton of misinformation and ignorance back then. Plus due to my generalised epilepsy, other issues follow with depression being one. Sustain Alpha has made me feel so much better mood wise in the last two weeks than in a very long time.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ok thank you, did you try any other naty test booster that made you feel as good as SA?

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Mood wise I can't say. libido, erection quality wise, yes:

Omega T-Force(Fadogia)
PES Erase(OG)

I like that sustain alpha can be run year around though.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Mood wise I can't say. libido, erection quality wise, yes:

Omega T-Force(Fadogia)
PES Erase(OG)

I like that sustain alpha can be run year around though.
Ok i did not know SA could be round year long!

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok i did not know SA could be round year long!
It was originally suggested to be run 5 on 2 off for year around, but as far as I know at the end of PP's run and now BPS, it's suggested to be run 7 days a week indefinitely if wanted. I'm going to stick with the 5 on 2 off though.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
True, but people never think about that in their 20's or even 30's at times.

It's always how much protein do you eat and not how many fruits and veggies do you eat..

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's always how much protein do you eat and not how many fruits and veggies do you eat..
Funny I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum now. ;)

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Good alternative, with viron for older guy like me that d8nt want to go on trt, 8ne day

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thing changewhen you have kids! Health firts, size second

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thing changewhen you have kids! Health firts, size second
Its now 3rd with performance being 2nd :)

Living in Florida, I see the 50yr olds walking in with ice packs just to get through a workout. Don't want that to be me :lol:

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Living in Florida, I see the 50yr olds walking in with ice packs just to get through a workout. Don't want that to be me :lol:
Florida! Lucky bastard! Ye i see what you meam, old and strong, but not to the point of taking hars PH to be lean and big as a 25 years old on juice, getting old heatly is what i want, 37 years old , starting to get grey hair, but there is no way i will color my hairs, we have to accept aging!

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Florida! Lucky bastard! Ye i see what you meam, old and strong, but not to the point of taking hars PH to be lean and big as a 25 years old on juice, getting old heatly is what i want, 37 years old , starting to get grey hair, but there is no way i will color my hairs, we have to accept aging!
Lots of old juicers that beat themselves up a bit down here...they still are addicted to the iron, but walk in with ice packs, look 70 (in their face), and have a tough time getting through the workout.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Lots of old juicers that beat themselves up a bit down here...they still are addicted to the iron, but walk in with ice packs, look 70 (in their face), and have a tough time getting through the workout.
Well if they are happy like that, i mighg chsnge my minds and say **** that ****, i am to be and old swolle bro, time will tell i guest

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well if they are happy like that, i mighg chsnge my minds and say **** that ****, i am to be and old swolle bro, time will tell i guest
For sure..I'm not judging them. I just would rather run around with my kids at 50-60 without needing ice packs to walk. But thats my life choice and perfectly fine for those who go a different path.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Same. I slowly had to change my mindset from caring about 1RM in my mid-late 30s and focused on overall health and performance/athleticism. Now at almost 41, I wish I had done it sooner. I feel and look better than I used to and have energy to do everything my kids want. Looking at older lab work I did once I started at age 30, it is remarkable to see how much I have improved my health.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
While I regret that I made the mistakes I did and what I put myself through, I am glad it geared me towards what you older heads are now working on.

I want to live to be 125.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh, I don't regret anything I've ever done in general, but it would be nice to have had a more open mind to over all health at a younger age. Like many/most that share our love of being strong, I had a narrow mindset.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Green Tea
Ubiquinol
MCT Oil

I've found juicing (not that kind..lol) twice a day has drastically increased my energy levels, mood, skin, etc...

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey OP, just saw this thread. There are lots of ingredients with some research behind them. What exactly are you looking for in terms of benefits? Like blood pressure, general health, nootropics, etc. It might be easier for you to mention a product or ingredient and I can give you my thoughts on it

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established

Battossi

Awards
Hey

I was wondering what you think are the best longevity or health sups for a bodybuilder and what doses would be best

also side note

Metformin seems to be very popular with the health extension people in terms of living longer and preventing disease

can you also chime in on your thoughts on the longevity benefits versus the bodybuilding benefits

I have heard that it decreases mTOR and Test levels, how valid is this for bodybuilding

thanks
Tbh...green tea,coffee ,fish oil and bro eating. Pretty much a sound all around approach.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Green Tea
Ubiquinol
MCT Oil

I've found juicing (not that kind..lol) twice a day has drastically increased my energy levels, mood, skin, etc...
Blend them for that fiber ;)

Berries, banana, carrot, feijoa and kiwifruit is a good combo.

For a vege based one, carrots, kale, broccoli, mango and banana is decent

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Blend them for that fiber ;)

Berries, banana, carrot, feijoa and kiwifruit is a good combo.

For a vege based one, carrots, kale, broccoli, mango and banana is decent
My main one is Kale, Carrots, Apple, Strawberries.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Can't do Kale either, I opt for Spinach

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Carrot, broccoli, baby spinach, banana, mango, pineapple.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Kiwi and Berries are the flavour maskers
I don't find apples/pears/even bananas do enough

And I just love kiwi lol

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Kiwi and Berries are the flavour maskers
I don't find apples/pears/even bananas do enough

And I just love kiwi lol
Granny smith ones do!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I wake up at 6am on my internal clock 7 days a week

My wife wakes up 20 minutes before she starts work lol
I make my own breakfast and then hers daily and its usually a smoothie for her. I get a text once she's at work rating how it tasted lol

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I'm tempted to buy a blendtec to get into the smoothie game again! its been years since i've made my own. Also the thought of making strawberry daiquiris on the weekends is tempting!

NewAgeMayan

Awards
It might be easier for you to mention a product or ingredient and I can give you my thoughts on it
Assuming ones diet is not excessively devoid of 'healthy nutritious foods', thoughts on greens supplements (such as Green Vibrance, Vitamineral Green, Perfect Food, etc)? Im asking purely from a health benefit perspective (so put aside monthly cost).

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
Nimbus Cadence if just referring to supplements and nothing easily obtained from diet.