arginine based supplement and Shingles

MassMonster76

Awards
Hi

I was wondering if there is an issue taking an arginine based product with the fact that I had shingles last year

I know they don't work well with those that get cold sores and was wondering if by taking this it cause it to hit me again

thanks

nbshazeezee

nbshazeezee

Awards
I honestly wouldnt even be concerned. Shingle reoccurrence is way lower than cold sore outbreaks. I have never heard of people complaining about it

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
And I will be the one to ask what supp this is, and your purposes for using arginine at all

MassMonster76

Awards
old bottle of NO2 red sitting around

is it decent

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
old bottle of NO2 red sitting around is it decent
Looks like multiple forms + AAKG

Not amazing but might as well use it if you have it

Considering shingles concern, not worth the risk possibly

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It won't trigger a shingles episode, but if you want to be extra safe, avoid arginine during the time that you are already experiencing a shingles outbreak. Even that though seems to be vague on the definite role of arginine.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I always thought the arginine issue was nonsense unless you have herpes. They say the same for the HPV virus, but we don't see this as an issue on here considering the ammount of NO increasing products being used, and the fact that 80% of sexually active adults have HPV.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If concerned take with equal amount lysine

MassMonster76

Awards
yes I have heard that arginine with the herpes virus was an issue so I though that shingles could also be an issue

I have not heard that arginine products and HPV could trigger a breakout is this true...never heard this before

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don't think so. It's all based on the fact that viruses feed on arginine or something around those lines. Since herpes and hpv are both viral, the scare transferred over, but really only seams prevelant in herpes sufferers.

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
As someone who's had shingles more than once I would steer clear of anything that may bring on another bout. That said, i've used a few arginine based products and haven't had an outbreak in years.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't think so. It's all based on the fact that viruses feed on arginine or something around those lines. Since herpes and hpv are both viral, the scare transferred over, but really only seams prevelant in herpes sufferers.
^^^Bingo. Like I said earlier, if you want to be extra cautious, don't take an arginine supplement while you are currently experiencing a shingles outbreak, but I've seen nothing that suggests it will trigger an outbreak.