Intra workout/bcaa

T

Tommyblifts

Awards
What is your favorite intra workout? I use to love extend but it seems like they have changed it. I have recently tried modern bcaa and image amino stack (not impressed). I was gonna try bpi best bcaa. Any opinions? Also this needs to be safe for women because my fiance will also be using. Thanks

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
I enjoyed jyms post workout + dextrose during my workout, just because it taste like candy and the ingredient profile is decent and non prop blend

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
i really like the taste of amino x by bsn.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What is your favorite intra workout? I use to love extend but it seems like they have changed it. I have recently tried modern bcaa and image amino stack (not impressed). I was gonna try bpi best bcaa. Any opinions? Also this needs to be safe for women because my fiance will also be using. Thanks
You mean "Xtend"?

BCAA's would be better for pre-workout or dosed as a bolus between meals 4-6 hours apart
if you are looking for intra-workout stick to an EAA Product which have been shown to be 33% superior over BCAA's , Prime EAA, Purple Wraath, Amino IV, and if you want added carbs Intra-MD

M

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Been using Intra-MD. I like it, especially because it's orange flavored.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If looking for an intraworkout amino acid product you ideally want EAAs, BCAAs are best used in a bolus pre-workout (due to high Leucine content).

Amino IV was specifically designed for this use. Along with high Leucine content EAAs it contains HICA), TMG, and Synerglut blend (performance benefits).

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If looking for an intraworkout amino acid product you ideally want EAAs, BCAAs are best used in a bolus pre-workout (due to high Leucine content).

).
BCAA's would be better for pre-workout or dosed as a bolus between meals 4-6 hours apart
if you are looking for intra-workout stick to an EAA Product which have been shown to be 33% superior over BCAA's ,
Great minds :)

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i really like the taste of amino x by bsn.
Really? Maybe I got a bad sample, but I could not stand it at all. Usually I can stomach poor tasting supps, but not that.

I'm a fan of Xtend, Purple Wraath, Juiced Aminos

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
I'm all about that AminoIV life. Aminocore is decent as a product, but tastewise, Key Lime Cherry is amazing. Tastes exactly like a green Sour Patch Kid. Blue Ras is ok as well. Caribbean TRASH is terrible though, stay away. Aminocore will always be a "buy on sale only" item. AminoIV has my heart 4 life.

That new Myokem mTOR PRO looks quite sexy though. Once I run out of all this Aminocore I got for dirt cheap, I will give that and the new AIV a spin.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Xtend is def the best ive used as far as bcaa's go. Great flavor and added glutamine and citrulline mallate. I also really enjoy animal juiced amino grape and bsn amino x. Finaflex bcaa saa has a good profile as well. But as The Solution mentioned and in my opinion the king of intra workouts, is intra-md by prime. Pioneered by john meadows, the mountaindog. If you want great recovery, optimal performance and added energy thats the best imo. It does have carbs, and is a little pricey, but worth it.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm all about that AminoIV life. Aminocore is decent as a product, but tastewise, Key Lime Cherry is amazing. Tastes exactly like a green Sour Patch Kid. Blue Ras is ok as well. Caribbean TRASH is terrible though, stay away. Aminocore will always be a "buy on sale only" item. AminoIV has my heart 4 life.

That new Myokem mTOR PRO looks quite sexy though. Once I run out of all this Aminocore I got for dirt cheap, I will give that and the new AIV a spin.
Amino IV is definitely a good one as well. Escpecially since we carry it as strong suppeement shop so i am well aware it is one of the better aminos.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Been using Intra-MD. I like it, especially because it's orange flavored.
This! The best intra on the market

T

Tommyblifts

Awards
I agree I need to try this Amino IV. Everyone has been talking about it. Yes my bad I was talking about Xtend not extenze. Anyway I am about to re up and think I will give Amino IV a chance.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree I need to try this Amino IV. Everyone has been talking about it. Yes my bad I was talking about Xtend not extenze. Anyway I am about to re up and think I will give Amino IV a chance.
Amino IV will offer much more then Xtend.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I bet amino iv with some hbcd would be a great intra workout

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Be on the look out for Half Time by Mind and Muscle. Should make for some good stuff.

A

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Nubreed Helix is amazing, best tasting amino supplement I ever tried!

S

symbianblack

Awards
Everyone forgets about the undisputed king of Intra's Purple Wraath. I just hate the artificial dyes. All Day You May by 5% looks promising but again the dyes.

W

whitelie

Awards
I find xtend to be a bit too sweet.

No fans of Chain'd Out or MAN Iso Amimo? Ive always liked Chain'd Out Appletini, got some MAN in Sour Patch and Skittles on their way, should be good

The monk60

The monk60

Awards
Love the taste of MAN skittles.
Amino IV is good too, but I like the different taste of the MAN aminos.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Purple Wraath. BCAA/EAA and some ergogens. Oh, and there's Cotton Candy flavor..

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I bet amino iv with some hbcd would be a great intra workout
may be cheaper to get the intra-md, just depending on the cost of the Amino IV and HBCD if you can get for a good price.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Everyone forgets about the undisputed king of Intra's Purple Wraath. I just hate the artificial dyes. All Day You May by 5% looks promising but again the dyes.
Amino IV now mixes up clear. ;)

P

Paulyd97

Awards
I have used Iforce Compete previously and loved it. Pic Now use strive and Ar-5 combined. Strive is from omega sports and Ar-5 is Ast nutrition. Both supplements are filled with aminos, the strive has fast acting protein peptides, LCLT which is an amazing supplement, and many other electrolytes and EAAs,etc... I also add in my own mix of 15-20 grams of malty dextrin too this combo. I end up with a nice intra workout combo that has around 20-25 carbs 10+ grams of aminos, around 5 grams of fast acting protein, and only 125-150 calories

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I tend to go with EAA products, so Cellucor Alpha Amino, CL Purple Wraath. Allmax Aminocore is one I like a lot as well, and I'm currently giving Magnum Hi-5 a shot.

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
Myokem mTOR then i would say AminoIV then lastly to round out my top three would be hmmm Xtend or all day you may

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
compete, recoverpro, intraload, also currently using the old lg sciences bcaa/eaa

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
I can't believe I forgot about Core ABC. That product looked to be the best deal of all time until they got wise and jacked up the prices. It used to be DIRT cheap, but has 5g of Leucine and 2.5g of Cit Malate and Beta-Alanine.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I can't believe I forgot about Core ABC. That product looked to be the best deal of all time until they got wise and jacked up the prices. It used to be DIRT cheap, but has 5g of Leucine and 2.5g of Cit Malate and Beta-Alanine.
No artifical colors
no artifical sweeteners
10g of BCAA + 2.5g BA + 2.5g CM
good formula and great product. Doug nailed this product IMO

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Peptopro

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
No artifical colors
no artifical sweeteners
Core ABC is underrated for sure. It was better when it was less than a dollar a serving, but it still is a solid product.

ctoph11

ctoph11

Awards
Started with Modern BCAAs and have always loved em. I saw someone talking of Cellucor's Alpha Aminos which I like but the β-BCAAs by Cellucor are great to. Love the 1.6g of Beta Alanine to go along with my workout. Definitely going to try some of the products mentioned in this thread. I'm not a fan of anything bpi so you may not want to listen but I didn't like Best BCAAs when I tried them. Wasn't a fan of the flavor or the only 2.5g leucine/scoop. Agmatine in there was a change which I liked but personally, I wouldn't spend the money on em.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Strive is pretty good.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Started with Modern BCAAs and have always loved em. I saw someone talking of Cellucor's Alpha Aminos which I like but the β-BCAAs by Cellucor are great to. Love the 1.6g of Beta Alanine to go along with my workout. Definitely going to try some of the products mentioned in this thread. I'm not a fan of anything bpi so you may not want to listen but I didn't like Best BCAAs when I tried them. Wasn't a fan of the flavor or the only 2.5g leucine/scoop. Agmatine in there was a change which I liked but personally, I wouldn't spend the money on em.
^^^ Very underrated product's for sure there not to mention the amount of CM + HICA in each Serving!

S

skia123

Awards
How about Size On MP?
Its has all especially if you want carbs.
If not Amino IV is superb.

S

symbianblack

Awards
Yeah over $50 bucks. I'll pass

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
Yeah over $50 bucks. I'll pass
Yeah but it used to be INSANELY cheap, one of the cheapest aminos out there but also one of the best dosed. All good things must come to an end.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I personally like Scivation Xtend. Same reasons as the others who mentioned Xtend. The only thing I dislike from Xtend is some of their flavors tend to be too sweet. When I go running, I actually like that little sweet taste but when I am lifting I make the face of a baby trying lemon for the first time. :439:
the new pineapple is delicious

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like using peptides, colostrum mid work out with carbs and electrolytes

A

AllGenetix

Awards
No artifical colors
no artifical sweeteners
No proprietary blend and adequately dosed intra workout bcaas along with other performance enhancers such as beta alanine and citruline malate. Great flavors and mixes amazing for BCAA

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
No proprietary blend and adequately dosed intra workout bcaas along with other performance enhancers such as beta alanine and citruline malate. Great flavors and mixes amazing for BCAA
Good to see you around here Kirk!