Muscletech "Plasma Muscle" (Mystery muscle builder)

Est1995

Awards
Stack3d Supplement News

"The official name of the product is Plasma Muscle, a two ingredient formula with both of those ingredients actually being exclusive to Muscletech. One of them is said to be entirely new and never before seen, the other something fans will be familiar with but still an exclusive ingredient to Muscletech. Lastly as mentioned Plasma Muscle is a muscle-building supplement, however it is not a testosterone booster nor does it contain any type of creatine. Outside of the details on the actual formula the brand have also confirmed a few of Plasma Muscle’s effects. Some of the things the product promises include increase in muscle growth, muscle circumference, strength, explosive power, number of reps, and better pumps and muscle contractions"

Found this to be interesting. What do you guys think it could be? Chances of this flopping?

Nyrin

Awards
probably HMB-FA with bovine serum plasma
Excellent call on the HMB-FA:

...fans will be familiar with but still an exclusive ingredient to Muscletech...
The bovine serum plasma seems like a good guess, too. So this would be their replacement or successor to Clear Muscle, I'm supposing?

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
inb4 you need 6 bottle to capitalize on results

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
there rep comes in my store even admits its going to be bunk....

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
That is just sad. I can't believe with all the knowledge that is available that that company is still even open. But I guess we are in the minority on this board as we try and get educated about what we are using.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
On the bright side: there will not be any ads with whatever bodybuilder they have now talking about how in 4 weeks he put on 15 lbs....imagine if you took this product the rest of your life!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That is just sad. I can't believe with all the knowledge that is available that that company is still even open. But I guess we are in the minority on this board as we try and get educated about what we are using.
PA and HMB-FA are solid, research supported ingredients. I'm not saying that every MT product is great by any means, but they do have some solid supplements.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
PA and HMB-FA are solid, research supported ingredients. I'm not saying that every MT product is great by any means, but they do have some solid supplements.
He just said the rep for muscletech said it was bogus. That is all I need to know to reaffirm my thoughts on that god-awful company.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yep i wouldnt waste my money on something like that.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
He just said the rep for muscletech said it was bogus. That is all I need to know to reaffirm my thoughts on that god-awful company.
I'm not saying that this new supplement will be good, just disagreeing with the statement "I can't believe with all the knowledge that is available that that company is still even open."

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
I'd check your source. I know a guy that is actually involved in R&D. Revealed one ingredient, the one we would know as a muscltech exclusive (not HMB-FA), but apparently only directors know the other ingredient as its supposedly pretty novel, and that one is supposed to be the game changer.

Edit: Obviously meaning involved in R&D for Iovate.

IFN15

Awards
In for 10lbs in a week gainzzzzzz lol

NewAgeMayan

Awards
hmmm, if memory serves Im sure Wilson (or someone) has done studies with HMB(fa?) and peak atp, where (again, I think?) the combo was somewhat 'synergistic'

Not claiming the 2 ingreeds in this new product will be peak atp and hmbfa, but it might make sense if the new product contains peak atp due to its stackability with hmbfa (which is another performance series? product)...

Nyrin

Awards
hmmm, if memory serves Im sure Wilson (or someone) has done studies with HMB(fa?) and peak atp, where (again, I think?) the combo was somewhat 'synergistic'

Not claiming the 2 ingreeds in this new product will be peak atp and hmbfa, but it might make sense if the new product contains peak atp due to its stackability with hmbfa (which is another performance series? product)...
That seemed likely to me, too, but their marketing seems to be trying to position this as something to stack with their existing HMB-FA supplement.

Which leaves me totally puzzled about what else is being thrown in there.

baldymcgee

baldymcgee

Awards
  • Established
They're saying one ingredient hasn't been seen before. So its probably not both HMb FA and Peak ATP

NewAgeMayan

Awards
That seemed likely to me, too, but their marketing seems to be trying to position this as something to stack with their existing HMB-FA supplement.
ya, I wasnt very clear but thats what I was trying to say too.

Which leaves me totally puzzled about what else is being thrown in there.
Its been suggested elsewhere that the exclusive familiar ingredient could be Gakic, but then Im not sure how peak atp would be considered the 'new, never seen before' ingredient...unless that mystery ingredient is a 3rd ingredient (so Gakic + peak atp + ??)

Est1995

Awards
Can't be peak ATP other companies have it. Not a MT exclusive. Maybe its a modified form of peak ATP?

Any links on gakic or a quick summary?

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I'm not saying that this new supplement will be good, just disagreeing with the statement "I can't believe with all the knowledge that is available that that company is still even open."
We will agree to disagree then. haha between the bogus advertising and the protein they had not being near the grams they said it had, I have no faith in that company. The only people that really buy from them are those that don't know any better. I don't hear anyone on this board openly recommending muscletech products. If they are, it is few and far between.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can't be peak ATP other companies have it. Not a MT exclusive. Maybe its a modified form of peak ATP?

Any links on gakic or a quick summary?
GAKIC supplementation significantly increased leg-press total load volume (GAKIC = 31,564 +/- 9,132 kg; placebo = 25,763 +/- 6,595 kg, p < .05). Heart rate and blood lactate were significantly increased (p < .05) postexercise compared with preexercise but were not significantly different between GAKIC and placebo. No significant changes (p > .05) were detected for one-repetition maximum and blood glucose.
CONCLUSIONS:
These novel findings suggest that GAKIC increases total work performed during repeated bouts of lower-body resistance exercise. Thus, our data suggest that GAKIC ingestion before weight training may increase the training volume of athletes and resistance-trained individuals.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23930551

RESULTS:
The FRI and total work for each of the exhaustion sets measured at 0, 5, and 15 min after oral GAKIC treatment were greater than values obtained for isocaloric control treatment (P < 0.02). GAKIC treatment increased the mean resistance to fatigue (FRI) up to 28% over isocaloric control. Overall gain in total muscle work attributable to GAKIC was 10.5 +/- 0.8% greater than control, sustained for at least 15 min. After 24 h, both GAKIC and control concentric forces returned to the same absolute values (P > 0.05): mean FRI = 0.42 +/- 0.05 and mean total work = 4600 +/- 280 J. There were no significant differences attributable to random order of testing.
CONCLUSIONS:
Compared with isocaloric carbohydrate, oral GAKIC treatment increased muscle torque and work sustained during intense acute anaerobic dynamic exercise; additionally, it increased overall muscle performance by delaying muscle fatigue during the early phases of anaerobic dynamic exercise.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11128858

RESULTS:
A significant treatment x time interaction (P = 0.039) was observed for the change in mean power output over the five sprints between the GAKIC and PLC treatments. Post hoc analyses revealed a greater retention of mean power (P = 0.038) between sprints 1 and 2 after GAKIC (-1 +/- 9 W) versus PLC treatment (-47 +/- 18 W). No other performance variables differed between PLC and GAKIC. POST lactate was increased (P < 0.001) above REST, but there was no difference between treatments (P = 0.936).
CONCLUSION:
These data support an ergogenic effect of GAKIC for attenuating the decline in mean power during repeated bouts of supramaximal exercise.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15064584

GAKIC supplementation significantly increased leg extension total load volume (GAKIC = 1721.7 ± 479.9 kg; placebo = 1479.1 ± 396.8 kg, p < .01). Heart rate and blood lactic acid were significantly increased (p < .01 for both measures) postexercise compared to preexercise, but were not significantly different between GAKIC and placebo (p = .40 for heart rate; p = .88 for lactic acid). Blood glucose was significantly decreased (p = .03) postexercise compared to preexercise, but was not significantly different (p = .78) between GAKIC and placebo. Collectively, these findings suggest that GAKIC increased lower body resistance performance in trained college-age females
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23356772

In contrast to previous studies in untrained individuals, these results suggest that GAKIC has no ergogenic effect on repeated bouts of high-intensity exercise in trained individuals (sprint test)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21411833

4 of the 5 studies show benefits with GAKIC supplemetation, and both of the studies involving resistance training with trained subjects (1 study male, 1 study female) noted benefits.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We will agree to disagree then. haha between the bogus advertising and the protein they had not being near the grams they said it had, I have no faith in that company. The only people that really buy from them are those that don't know any better. I don't hear anyone on this board openly recommending muscletech products. If they are, it is few and far between.
I'd say that HMB-FA (Clear Muscle) is a conditionally beneficial supplement that is very useful during times of overreaching. PA (PhosphaMuscle) is another very solid supplement that quite a few people, myself included, recommend, although I don't think PhosphaMuscle is for sale yet.