Holy Basil Extract dosing

MassMonster76

Awards
Hi

I had a few questions and was thinking someone here can chime in.

I have used holy basil from New Chapter taking two gel caps per day and really had a great response for my adrenal burnout

I recently got in some holy basil extract powder 10:1 extract and am unsure of how to dose it

I don't want to overdose it yet I want to make sure I get in enough dosing to make it useful

my friend ordered a kilo of it and its seems like it will last quite a while

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

MassMonster76

Awards
its a powder so I was thinking how much should I take and mix it in hot water

thinking half teaspoon?

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
how many times per day can I do that
I do not know but the link at examine had this.
How to Take (recommended dosage, active amounts, other details)
500mg of the leaf extract taken twice daily appears to be recommended for neurological and adaptogenic effects of holy Basil, whereas the only evidence on other health effects or testosterone boosting are done in rats with the dosages of 100-200mg/kg and 500mg/kg respectively. This leads to an estimated human dose of:

1,100-2,200mg for a 150lb person for general health and 5,500mg for testosterone boosting
1,500-2,900mg for a 200lb person for general health and 7,300mg for testosterone boosting
1,800-3,600mg for a 250lb person for general health and 9,100mg for testosterone boosting
These are estimated human dosages based on animal research, and it is unsure if they are the optimal doses for humans.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Examine recommendations are usually pretty much on point so I would go with what koi posted above

MassMonster76

Awards
ok thanks

so how does one calculate the dosage with a 10:1 extract powder to get the dosing that Examine recommends

using a scale?

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ok thanks so how does one calculate the dosage with a 10:1 extract powder to get the dosing that Examine recommends using a scale?
1/4 teaspoon is about 1200mg generally speaking for tbat powder

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
no problem bud

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cheeky Monkey Supplements 6
GreenMachineX Supplements 2