• Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
cocoapro cocoa extract [bean] 900mg
cocoa flavanols .......................250mg

i found this at my local krogers about a month ago, it was in the clearance section marked down from around $30 to $12. i thought this was still too high, and no one bought any....i told my wife that if they mark it down more i would buy 1. today it was marked down to $4.99 so i got 1.....been doing a little research, this stuff is packed with epicatechin among other things and sells for around $45 bucks at manufacturers site [mars]....i think i may have stumbled on to a good thing and will get 5 more bottles tomorrow.

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
cocoapro cocoa extract [bean] 900mg
cocoa flavanols .......................250mg

i found this at my local krogers about a month ago, it was in the clearance section marked down from around $30 to $12. i thought this was still too high, and no one bought any....i told my wife that if they mark it down more i would buy 1. today it was marked down to $4.99 so i got 1.....been doing a little research, this stuff is packed with epicatechin among other things and sells for around $45 bucks at manufacturers site [mars]....i think i may have stumbled on to a good thing and will get 5 more bottles tomorrow.
Worth trying, however, keep in mind that average cocoa powder has around 150mg -epi per 100g powder. Obviously this is assuming no standardization, but to get around that 250mg dosing mark you would need almost 175g...

I would also be curious about processing techniques used as there are studies showing if it is alkalinized (prepared in a basic solution simply) the -epi content is further reduced almost 70%

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Worth trying, however, keep in mind that average cocoa powder has around 150mg -epi per 100g powder. Obviously this is assuming no standardization, but to get around that 250mg dosing mark you would need almost 175g...

I would also be curious about processing techniques used as there are studies showing if it is alkalinized (prepared in a basic solution simply) the -epi content is further reduced almost 70%
Given that Mars Inc has multiple patents on (-)-epicatechin and other cocoa flavonols and has spent millions on cocoa flavonol research, I wouldn't worry too much about their cocoa flavonol product not having cocoa flavonols in it.

Mars Center For Cocoa Health Science

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Dam bro. Good find...
thanks...at $5 a bottle i went back today and bought 5 more bottles!!!

be worth checking to see if a kroger in your area has them!!!

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
thanks...at $5 a bottle i went back today and bought 5 more bottles!!!

be worth checking to see if a kroger in your area has them!!!
I wish bro. Im in NY. we dont have them here...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I wish bro. Im in NY. we dont have them here...
too bad...kroger used to carry most of gaspari line-up, when it didn't sell they marked it all down 50% off i got a ton of size on for $20 and i got 10 tubs of protein for $17 a pop!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Given that Mars Inc has multiple patents on (-)-epicatechin and other cocoa flavonols and has spent millions on cocoa flavonol research, I wouldn't worry too much about their cocoa flavonol product not having cocoa flavonols in it.

that is the definative link for benefits of cocoa flavonols and epicatchin....after scanning through it i am going back tomorrow and buying all the remaining bottles of cocoavia!!!!
than you-repped!!!

Johnold

Johnold

Awards
I'm surprised you found these just now big T.

I knew about those for like 1.5 years. Never used them tho.

Johnold

Johnold

Awards
I stumbled upon them long long ago when I was doing some research about a candy product that MARS company makes. Yes, it's what you think it is. For cheap. I laughed once I seen that.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I stumbled upon them long long ago when I was doing some research about a candy product that MARS company makes. Yes, it's what you think it is. For cheap. I laughed once I seen that.
lol....i wasn't that interested at $37 a bottle....got more interested at $12 a bottle....at $5 a bottle i am going to buy them all, lol!!!

yup this is the real deal!!!

Johnold

Johnold

Awards
Yup. The reason they MIGHT not be selling or maybe rather why most people don't know about them is cause the last place you're gonna go for Epicatechin is the MARS candy company. You know, High quality epicatechin sitting next to a bag of dove promises and a king size snickers bar. People need to be jumping on this.

Johnold

Johnold

Awards
The MARS candy company cacao quality is second to absolutely NONE! They have their own private high researched background with their form and quality of cacao\cocoa + flavenol.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
too bad...kroger used to carry most of gaspari line-up, when it didn't sell they marked it all down 50% off i got a ton of size on for $20 and i got 10 tubs of protein for $17 a pop!!!
Dam. Yea i dont know any places around here that sell supps that i would even consider buying.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
bought 12 more bottles today....stocker told me they still had more to put out!!!

been taking 2 caps 3xday!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i've got 23 bottles of this stuff, starting to feel more energy!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

if anyone wants info about epicatechin this is the definative link.....everything you want to know about epicatechin and flavonols you want to know and then some!!!