beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate, does it work?

HITFrank

HITFrank

Awards
  • Established
Danes, do you come good for this supplement?

Does it work?
I have read J. Stoppani's review about how they tweaked the great results one study showed.

Is it best for low calorie diets? Does it work best for muscle preservation or can it help in gaining muscle?

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I used it at about 4 grams a day for roughly a month and a half during overreaching... idk if it worked. I worked... I worked real hard lol. But didnt notice anything to speak on.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Danes, do you come good for this supplement?

Does it work?
I have read J. Stoppani's review about how they tweaked the great results one study showed.

Is it best for low calorie diets? Does it work best for muscle preservation or can it help in gaining muscle?
Personaly I have seen good gains on HMB FA but there is some points which are very important while using HMB/HMB FA. Who gets most of it when:

-muscle damage and protein breakdown are high
-when overreaching
-on diets
-cancer patients / muscle wasting (atrophy)

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Kramer just did a study with it and there was another one look at abdominal adipose tissue I believe.

It is resurfacing and there has been some intestine and surprising research coming forward now.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Personaly I have seen good gains on HMB FA but there is some points which are very important while using HMB/HMB FA. Who gets most of it when:

-muscle damage and protein breakdown are high
-when overreaching
-on diets
-cancer patients / muscle wasting (atrophy)
I used ca-hmb not the fa. Also i was in a maintainence stage, not diet. I made great progress in that time, but i canf directly attribute it to my supplementation.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used ca-hmb not the fa. Also i was in a maintainence stage, not diet. I made great progress in that time, but i canf directly attribute it to my supplementation.
I worked out each musclegroup more often and my recovery was amazing. Big difference with and without it.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thats whats up. I was in an overreaching period myself, but my nutrition and rest were catered to that appropriately. It may have been helpful along with evrything else

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thats whats up. I was in an overreaching period myself, but my nutrition and rest were catered to that appropriately. It may have been helpful along with evrything else
Try HMB FA next time :)

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
All we need now is a chesp way to dose it like SL with PA
Oh, I wish it was so easy :)
But honestly, 3 months on HMB FA improved my strength,size and recovery.

I really feel difference while on and off. So the way I worked out on HMB FA, i tried without HMB FA and I can tell you it was not fun.my sleep was horrible, I felt energized/restless but in a negative way.
Still have 3 bottles (had 11).

I asked Wilson about higher doses and he said it would not be any better actually. But I will try with 6g

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
With 3g being dosing protocol for FA-HMB I would expect ca-HMB to need closer to 6g daily.

HITFrank

HITFrank

Awards
  • Established
I worked out each musclegroup more often and my recovery was amazing. Big difference with and without it.
I do whole body workouts 5-7 days a week, if using HMB FA would it be better to raise my high volume even higher, or could I raise my intensity?

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do whole body workouts 5-7 days a week, if using HMB FA would it be better to raise my high volume even higher, or could I raise my intensity?
Better doing both. Volume and intensity

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea, do both. It seems most effective when people push themselves to their limits.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yea, do both. It seems most effective when people push themselves to their limits.
This!
Its funny how people say "its crap product" without tried it, or if they tried it, they was not working out hard enough to have any benefits from the product

HITFrank

HITFrank

Awards
  • Established
This!
Its funny how people say "its crap product" without tried it, or if they tried it, they was not working out hard enough to have any benefits from the product
So it helps the whole system to recover, both CNS and muscles?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So it helps the whole system to recover, both CNS and muscles?
Im actually not sure what the mechanism is. I believe Wilsons paper on HMB is available as open access on JISSN