Substance WPI

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When I drink the Watermelon flavor it burns my throat really bad. Anyone elese experience this?. Did I get a bad batch or something?

kwantam

the triumph of the grill
Awards
  • Established
When I drink the Watermelon flavor it burns my throat really bad. Anyone elese experience this?. Did I get a bad batch or something?
I tried a free sample of it I got and I didn't get any such thing, though I think there is a bunch of citric acid in there.

-kwantam

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
This is the first I have ever heard of this, and I gave out a billion samples at the Olympia and Arnold Classic.

Do you take any other powder supplements?

KCPreki11

Awards
  • Established
I use it too T-Bone and I don't get that from it.

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
Yes but I take my watermelon whey plain with water.
I was just curious to see if you had taken powder with something like ALA or others things that may burn your throat in it.

Does the watermelon substance burn your throat everytime you drink it?

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

I have never heard of this either. All I can say is that it is a great product and I love it!

Clintdogg

Clintdogg

Awards
dude, when are some new flavors coming out...give us the inside scoop.

Hey Marc....check your email bro!

Scivation

Scivation

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
This is not a bad batch. It is from the same lot used at the Arnold.

Thanks!

Bump on 5lbers....even if they are a little pricey, but hopefully not, or even 4lbers!

Scivation

Scivation

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Bump on 5lbers....even if they are a little pricey, but hopefully not, or even 4lbers!
The market will not bear the price point on a 5 pound whey isolate. I'd love to if I could!

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The market will not bear the price point on a 5 pound whey isolate. I'd love to if I could!
Not even a special batch sold online through bb.com and BN? I'm pretty sure most of us who use Substance would definately by the 5lb if we could. Price would hit a bit over $50, correct? Sure, it is more expencive then most protein, but you have a unique product and flavor.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Not even a special batch sold online through bb.com and BN? I'm pretty sure most of us who use Substance would definately by the 5lb if we could. Price would hit a bit over $50, correct? Sure, it is more expencive then most protein, but you have a unique product and flavor.
I don't see why people who normally use your protein wouldn't like the bigger tub.

diezzel

Awards
T-Bone, u kan try diluting it more...products with acid in them
kan and sometimes do kause a burning sensation in one's throat
just diluted more and if that doesn't work, i'd recommend maybe
mixing it in something with more of a "base" like juice to compensate
for the acidic nature of the powder...i used these tricks with cell-tech
and it used to help...oh what a waste of money that was but i digress...

diezzel

Awards
u made me kurious so i went and kracked open one the packs
i had and it did have a slight "fizz" going down just added more water...

diezzel

Awards
burning wasn't THAT BAD though...have u eaten something
that may have scratched ur throat? if so, the citric acid would
kause a burning:think:

WhutEvr

Awards
  • Established
Is there anything I can do to this protein so it won't burn my throat?.
Use a minimum of 8 ounces of water per scoop.
Also, use the coldest water you can. It may reduce the burn and it will boost the flavor.

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
I've never tried Substance WPI, so this may not apply, however, fruit flavorings in protein, like Syntrax Nectar, always gave me a feeling similar to that going down with water. Not severe or anything substantial enough to make me quit drinking it, but a mild 'burning'; kind of like if you drink pure grapefruit juice or pineapple juice. Therefore, I think it has something to do with flavoring. Certainly doesn't sound like a 'bad batch' or anything.

Scivation

Scivation

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
There are minimums and it WOULD sell online, but you have to realize that although I dedicate a lot of time to the online community, a majority of my business is done in retail establishments, where price point is an issue. This is EXACTLY why I'm coming out with a smaller size Xtend.

I would not sell enough bottles to recoop my investment for a very long time.

Thanks!
Marc

KCPreki11

Awards
  • Established
I don't see why people who normally use your protein wouldn't like the bigger tub.
Yea, I don't get it either. Eventually someone will come out with a 5lb tub and then everyone else will jump on.

diezzel

Awards
fo sho... avid trainer + diet with LOTS OF PROTEIN = muscle growth

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Usually that's a result of too much flavouring bring used in the product.

diezzel

Awards
T-Bone,
i know...that's why i said AVID TRAINER + DIET...an avid trainer
knows that it takes lots of rest and recovery with attention to
every aspect of of diet not just protein...i singled out protein cuz
thats what da thread is about...thats all i meant bro! but kool

italionstallion

Awards
  • Established
Yea, I don't get it either. Eventually someone will come out with a 5lb tub and then everyone else will jump on.
i dont know about that. vpx has had a large tub of zero carb protein out for a long time, but noone is "jmuping" on the idea. btw, zero carb protein tastes quite good

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
Big containers of isolate are very expensive. We've never been able to move large sized isolates due to their cost.

What type of protein is used in SUBSTANCE anyway? Is it CFM or anything like it?

diezzel

Awards
not sure...da pak just says whey protein isolate in the ingredient
list

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
Someone already mentioned VPX Zero Carb as a whey isolate in a large container (4.4lbs).

The following companies also put out WPI products in a 4lb or larger size:

Biochem Biopure (4lb)
Bioformx Proform CFM WPI (5lb)
IDS Multi-Pro (5lb)
NOW WPI (5lb)
Nature's Best Isopure (8.8lb)
Nature's Best Zero Carb Isopure (7.5lb)
Bioplex Pure WPI (5lb & 10lb)

Of all of those, only VPX and Nature's Best are really big-time players in the protein market. Of course, everyone has heard of IDS, NOW, and probably one or more of the others as well. Still, I think the fact that this is probably pretty close to a full listing shows that it is most likely not advantageous for most companies to try to put out a big tub of WPI. A lot of problems present themselves for store-bound product as well (as mentioned before.)

By the way, I was just about to say WOW when I saw the 8.8lb Isopure when I saw the Bioplex 10lb WPI! That's a lot of protein... and they want a pretty penny for it too, believe me.

Of all of those, the only ones I would consider are the VPX and the Bioformx.

Well Marc, if you decide to release a small batch to the ONLINE market rest assured that there is a demand.....You can make a very small run to test it out and distribute it to places like BB.com, Nutraplanet.com, and 1fast and see how it does!? I don't think many of you guys know about the loss that certain companies take by having a protein as a part of their product list. Many lose many because of the shipping issues with the pure weight of these products! I believe Marc can fill others in but be sure that if Marc doesn't release it it is becuause he has already given thought to it and it would be better in the interest of the public and for his buisness not to carry out such a product. I truly believe Marc considers the best of the public as he is a great guy and business man!

Hey Marc, if I suck up anymore you think I can get a job like Derek and Layne!

One out of two ain't so bad!

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I see your understanding, and you definately will make more profit from 2lbs. I think you may make some profit in people who normally just use it every so often to people who use it alot because of the lesser (relative) price. I know i'd use it more.

But I'm know marketing major. You guys are doing good without my help ;)