Myokem mTOR Pro - What do you guys think?

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
Lol was just about to post the link and post up. It's going to be a game changer when it comes to the amino acid supplement industry. Myokemist and Swolbraham can answer all questions you have on the science behind the time release aspect of the product.

AndrewMcD

Awards
  • Established
Is just 3g of leucine released over a longer period of time really going to be a "game changer". Thats a big claim. Just wondering how it's going to so radically improve the amino acid supplement industry.

Are there any studies done to show the difference between this profile and a "normal" leucine?

By the way I LOVE myokem products, just playing devils advocate here haha.

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
Subbed to learn a little more about this new product!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Def excited to see more about this as well. Get the big guys in here and let's hear it from them

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Myokemist is a bit busy getting the launch together and set up. And when he gets a chance he said he'll drop by and drop the knowledge for everyone

Nyrin

Awards
I'm admittedly no expert, but my impression was that the point of leucine was to signal MPS and get out of the way, allowing at least a few hours of refractory period before spiking it again. Wouldn't "time release leucine" just prolong the refractory period for no added benefit to MPS?

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Two initial 'concerns' I have about the time release's relevance.

First, is 3gm of leucine over a 4hr+ window really going to make any non-trivial (ie significant) impact on mTOR/MPS? To me that quantity, over such a time span, seems insignificant (compared to a standard bolus dose). As a bolus that quantity makes sense, but 3gm time-released sounds like a miniscule trickle too small to have any long term impact.

Secondly, and somewhat relatedly, how is it any different than diluting 3gm of leucine powder in water and sipping on that over the same length of time? Purely convenience?

Myokemist

Awards
Two initial 'concerns' I have about the time release's relevance. First, is 3gm of leucine over a 4hr+ window really going to make any non-trivial (ie significant) impact on mTOR/MPS? To me that quantity, over such a time span, seems insignificant (compared to a standard bolus dose). As a bolus that quantity makes sense, but 3gm time-released sounds like a miniscule trickle too small to have any long term impact. Secondly, and somewhat relatedly, how is it any different than diluting 3gm of leucine powder in water and sipping on that over the same length of time? Purely convenience?
What makes this unique and why the dose is what it is, the 3g is a bolus. The reason for the addition of regular leucine is for the initial release, then as the regular leucine is all but gone, a 3g bolus (the ActiveTR) is then released. This timing is pretty close to the MPS refractory period timing (if that theory holds true as there is not enough data out to fully support that hypothesis AT THIS TIME **Note: I am not for or against it. I am not arguing either sides of this, all I'm saying is Layne's research is preliminary at this time**).

Sipping on 3g of leucine over an extended period of time is not a comparison to what this does. Drinking a 2g dose of leucine ever 3ish hours is a better comparison.

(Btw...I hate this app. Can't even read what I type!)

NewAgeMayan

Awards
ah, okay. Just to be absolutely clear...you are saying you will effectively get two 3gm leucine doses with the product, both bolus's? If so, I was mistakenly imagining the second 'dose' (the time released one) to be 3gm *gradually* over time, as opposed to all at once (relatively speaking).

If one eats every 3hrs, would the product be of little additional benefit?

Myokemist

Awards
ah, okay. Just to be absolutely clear...you are saying you will effectively get two 3gm leucine doses with the product, both bolus's? If so, I was mistakenly imagining the second 'dose' (the time released one) to be 3gm *gradually* over time, as opposed to all at once (relatively speaking).
It would be 2.5g immediate, 3g approximately 3 hours later.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
It would be 2.5g immediate, 3g approximately 3 hours later.
Thanks, it would seem my initial reservations were perhaps unfounded.

I can imagine scenarios where this time release may be of benefit, but what if you regularly eat every 3hrs or so, and these meals are already leucine rich? Any additional benefit?

Nyrin

Awards
If one eats every 3hrs, would the product be of little additional benefit?
I think that's generally true of any FFAA supplement -- if you're already getting enough leucine to prop up MPS on a regular 3-5 hour basis, the aminos aren't really adding anything.

Biggest benefit outside of fasted training seems to be to restart MPS after a bigger meal (e.g. you eat a 100g protein, 1000-calorie lunch, then ingest some leucine 3-5 hours later). That's my interpretation of Layne's writing, at least.

Myokemist

Awards
Thanks, it would seem my initial reservations were perhaps unfounded. I can imagine scenarios where this time release may be of benefit, but what if you regularly eat every 3hrs or so, and these meals are already leucine rich? Any additional benefit?
In a perfect world and your meals provide adequate leucine and other EAAs, then ours (and any other company's product for that matter) would not be advantageous. For me, it would be an insurance policy in that instance, but that's something you have to evaluate for yourself.

You could consume a serving before bed for an additional spike in leucine while sleeping whereas other products wouldn't provide that.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed for details. It's certainly unique sounding. I'm definitely waiting on the write up and more discussion, but so far Myokem's track record is pretty solid.

FWIW the first link (price plow) has quite a few details you can garner. Here's a few highlights-

"There will be a total of 8g BCAAs per serving. Well above the 5g average.

3g will be ActiveTR, a new industry-first time-released leucine discussed below."

levman

Awards
In for more. Joined "the lab" earlier and I'm curious to see what the intro-deal will be :)

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
In and eagerly waiting :)

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Could be for convenience factor if you don't have a high protein meal on you. Just my guess though

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Could be for convenience factor if you don't have a high protein meal on you. Just my guess though
this would be ideal for those who practice IF/LG as well 8)

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I would dump the Iso-Leucine and Valine, personally:

Link to full .pdf of "Leucine supplementation of a low-protein mixed macronutrient beverage enhances myofibrillar protein synthesis in young men: a double-blind, randomized trial"

http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Stuart_Phillips/publication/258957787_Leucine_supplementation_of_a_low-protein_mixed_macronutrient_beverage_enhances_myofibrillar_protein_synthesis_in_young_men_a_double-blind_randomized_trial/links/00b49530ddfe508deb000000.pdf

Contrary to our hypothesis, the W6+BCAAs treatment resulted
in MPS rates that were less robust than with W6+High-Leu and
W25 treatments.
These differences occurred despite the fact that
supplemental isoleucine and valine attenuated the decline in
concentrations of these amino acids in the blood compared with
that observed after the W6+High-Leu treatment (Table 3); how-
ever, intracellular concentrations of isoleucine and valine were
not different between these treatments (Table 4). In addition, the
W6+BCAAs treatment was associated with a lower intracellular
leucine concentration at 1.5 h, a lower mean leucine AUC pos ,
a lower leucine C max , and a greater T max than with the W6+High-
Leu treatment (Table 3).
We have shown that a rapid amino-
acidemia after protein feeding stimulates greater MPS rates after
resistance exercise than a slow protracted aminoacidemia (46).
Therefore, we speculate that the greater T max for leucine, iso-
leucine, valine and SEAAs after W6+BCAAs compared with
W6+High-Leu may partially explain the observed differences in
MPS rates. Because BCAAs share a common intestinal trans-
porter, differences in amino acid appearance profiles between
W6+BCAAs and W6+High-Leu treatments likely represents
antagonism between BCAAs for uptake from the gut, which is
congruent with data showing that isoleucine and valine compete
with and can impede leucine absorption (47).
The same effect
could be true for the transsarcolemmal BCAA transport because
BCAAs share the same transporter at that site (48).

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
join the lab now or forever be upset you missed out on amazing prices, IN on game changing mTOR pro.. If you guys have any questions or concerns about the product feel free to DM me, ill help you out! its going to be great can't wait. Myokemist has put his heart into this!

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just joined the lab.

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Myokem, to avoid confusion, the proper term for what you guys are achieving is "delayed release," not "time released"

Myokemist

Awards
Myokem, to avoid confusion, the proper term for what you guys are achieving is "delayed release," not "time released"
I'm quoting the supplier. But thanks for the help!

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I thought this was just a marketing thing? Omega Sports Shred XT calls one of it's caffeine based ingredients time released, was the proper name for that actually delayed release? Guess it really doesn't matter one way or the other just curious Coop.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I would dump the Iso-Leucine and Valine, personally:

Link to full .pdf of "Leucine supplementation of a low-protein mixed macronutrient beverage enhances myofibrillar protein synthesis in young men: a double-blind, randomized trial"

http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Stuart_Phillips/publication/258957787_Leucine_supplementation_of_a_low-protein_mixed_macronutrient_beverage_enhances_myofibrillar_protein_synthesis_in_young_men_a_double-blind_randomized_trial/links/00b49530ddfe508deb000000.pdf
I reallllly think this is a stretch. In essence you are saying leucine enhanced protein wont do its job.

I really think the magnitude of effect is tinier than what you are implying here

Edit: Ah I see, whey out performed added leucine with BCAA vs added leucine with Whey.

Interdasting. I haven't read much literature on BCAAs and Leucine etc as I find it to be slightly tedious. I may need to read more :)

In any case, seems like a good idea.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I thought this was just a marketing thing? Omega Sports Shred XT calls one of it's caffeine based ingredients time released, was the proper name for that actually delayed release? Guess it really doesn't matter one way or the other just curious Coop.
They mean two different things... "time released" would mean released consistently over time, whereas "delayed release" would mean some now, and some later in a bolus dose each time (this is the case here)

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
They mean two different things... "time released" would mean released consistently over time, whereas "delayed release" would mean some now, and some later in a bolus dose each time (this is the case here)
Sounds good. Thanks!

Myokemist

Awards
Regardless of meaning, we are required by the supplier to call it time released leucine. As much as I would love to take credit for the technology, it is not my IP. We simply have an exclusive license on this raw material. Maybe Coop can go argue with Compound Solutions on the accuracy of the name, but I have no control over the terminology given by them.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Well myself and many others thought time release meant a slow release (which it does). But a delayed release means an instant release several hours later, which this is.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Maybe Coop can go argue with Compound Solutions on the accuracy of the name, but I have no control over the terminology given by them.
Lol, well I guess this is the last time I try to help you

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well myself and many others thought time release meant a slow release (which it does). But a delayed release means an instant release several hours later, which this is.
I gotcha.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Edit: Ah I see, whey out performed added leucine with BCAA vs added leucine with Whey.

Interdasting. I haven't read much literature on BCAAs and Leucine etc as I find it to be slightly tedious. I may need to read more :)

In any case, seems like a good idea.
Yup :) And it ain't me saying it, it's Stuart Phillips and Co. - I just dork out on research :)

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lab release date?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Yup :) And it ain't me saying it, it's Stuart Phillips and Co. - I just dork out on research :)
Id have to read the FT, as well as a few others to get an idea - I didnt have time yesterday - but it would depend on the size of dosing and the magnitude of inhibition (its not all or nothing). The effect may be so small (yet statistically significant) to not be an issue.

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
Can't be as excited as I am! New flavor will be on the dot.

levman

Awards
it is the 31st where I am... Waiting patiently for it to be the 31st stateside as well. :)

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We're so close now!