Bloodwork Results. Any help and thoughts.

sprintsss

Banned
Awards
Got bloodwork done. Everything else looks great. except

My Iodine was a little Low and Estrogen High.

Iodine 51 52-109
Estrogen 139 130 or less

FSH 2.2 1.6-8.0
LH 2.8 1.5-9.3
Total Test 500 250-1100
Free Test 82.5 35.0-155.0

TSH 1.90 0.40-4.50
T4 8.7 4.5-12.0
T3 100 76-181

Never done a cycle or anything. Experimented with various natty supplements.

I also have a auto immune disease so wasn't expecting high test numbers to begin with.

Test was done around 12pm

Was thinking of maybe giving Inhibit E and P a run to lower the Estrogen a little and taking 12.5 of iodine.

Thoughts?

What else of my results should I include?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Iodine is commonly known to be low in some people. So i wouldnt wurry too much about that. As far as estrogen its kind of the same some peoples are high or lower. But inhibit e and p would both be good products to supplement in. I actually just got a bottle of inhibit e. Planning on using it here soon.

sprintsss

Banned
Awards
Iodine is commonly known to be low in some people. So i wouldnt wurry too much about that. As far as estrogen its kind of the same some peoples are high or lower. But inhibit e and p would both be good products to supplement in. I actually just got a bottle of inhibit e. Planning on using it here soon.
Thanks let me know how inhibit e treats u

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
i woudn't take any over the counter supplement and see a dr. about your results

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
interesting. try a new dr perhaps? dunno your situation

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Why? His numbers look perfectly fine to me
didn't see the reference range for the e2... saw 139 and assumed it was a different range from my labs (1-30) which if that were the case, my reaction was... uhh, go to the Dr. ASAP

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
didn't see the reference range for the e2... saw 139 and assumed it was a different range from my labs (1-30) which if that were the case, my reaction was... uhh, go to the Dr. ASAP
His doctor ordered total estrogen and not estradiol. Your lab range looks like you had estradiol, sensitive done.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
This was the best post in a long time, LOL. 51 Iodine huh? Impossible! :)

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
His doctor ordered total estrogen and not estradiol. Your lab range looks like you had estradiol, sensitive done.
gotcha, noted. thanks for the correction and sorry OP for the misunderstanding!

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Inside joke. I'm in the minority here as far as exploring supplemental iodine due to low intake "out in the world", as well as Halide (Bromine) and perchlorate competition.

sprintsss

Banned
Awards
Inside joke. I'm in the minority here as far as exploring supplemental iodine due to low intake "out in the world", as well as Halide (Bromine) and perchlorate competition.
Lol I had a feeling it was something about that

sprintsss

Banned
Awards
What's an average amount to take of iodine for supplement use a day

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
This was the best post in a long time, LOL. 51 Iodine huh? Impossible! :)
I actually laughed myself because the joke is on you. A blood iodine test is only indicative of iodine deficiency in the presence of low thyroid function. This is because iodine is chiefly stored in the thyroid and only a small amount is actually released into the blood. This is similar to how low blood iron =/= iron deficiency, but low blood iron + low ferritin (the storage form) = iron deficiency.

Since OP has normal thyroid function, he is not iodine deficient, But alas, I guess if you really want to believe something, medical knowledge won't change your view.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Im gonna side with coop here...your bloodwork looks fine.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I actually laughed myself because the joke is on you.
Actually, I agree with you, having just read about that test - I have no problem admitting mistakes. I still stand by everything else.

OP, if you're not tired all the time, and your waking temps are in the 97's, I'd just salt my food directly, and take a Multi with 150-225mcg of Iodine/Day.

If you are any of the above, report back.