Cardio Supplementation

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Other than follidrone and E9, what other supps increase cardio and endurance?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Yohimbe

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Although High Volume shines in the pumps department, the well-dosed Citrulline and Arginine Nitrate can help assist with cardio and endurance.

Be careful of using it with HIIT on a stationary bike: quad and hamstrings pumps may get intense, lol.

As a standalone ingredient, many people enjoy COP. SNS offers it encapsulated.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
There's a lot of supplements that can help with endurance. Check out some products at Strong Supplement Shop on this page.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Stop going into thread to just post a link. Either answer the question or not...but don't just post a link to various products. This is not your promo forum.
Quoting to thank because just hitting the button wasnt enough.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Evomuse Cardiotryx was designed for exactly this its actually a really good read and discussion over in his section here.

I won't begin to try explaining the ingredients myself because Matt has already written it there perfectly

Discussion is here http://anabolicminds.com/forum/evomuse/224609-evomuse-cariotryx.html

Write up can be found at Orbit and we still have a combo going on with Defuse
http://orbitnutrition.com/cart/supplement-stacks/evomuse-defuse-cardiotryx-stack.html
^^^This was the first thing I thought of. As others mentioned, BA, Citrulline and COP are awesome for endurance.

Tough to beat the price for SNS bulk ingredients.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
can beta alanine and cop be taken simultaneously throughout the day?

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lot of your pwo's and pump products will help in terms of endurance. I've tried several one of my favorites is ProSupps Hyde V2 pwo. This has a great profile with both Yohimbe and Beta alanine.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Nubreed Nutrition have Menace that I like for endurance, it's a very good product.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards

Nyrin

Awards
What the hell is this E9?
Athletix Ergonine. I believe I can be credited with the abbreviation (dust off that shoulder, yeah!). Several good maintenance supps in there.

Nitrates in general have an enormous effect on time to exhaustion in my experience.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the Cardiotryx love everyone. Matt is working on making an even better version eventually.

Good recs in here so far, but I'll throw out another company: Millenium Sports. I have only tried one of their endurance products, but it was insanely good. Cordygen Nan02. I think they have a lot of endurance type supplements that may be worth a look!

xhrr

Awards
Athletix Ergonine. I believe I can be credited with the abbreviation (dust off that shoulder, yeah!). Several good maintenance supps in there. Nitrates in general have an enormous effect on time to exhaustion in my experience.
Haha ok I thought it was some new sup out or coming out. I knew of ergonine I guess I just never put two and two together

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
Beta-alanine would be my go to, i just buy it seperate and mix it in with my BCAAs during cardio sessions aka run like a hamster on a wheel sessions.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
On a budget, go for BA first, over COP. Half kilo bulk Carnosyn can be found cheap. 500g/4g (2g 2x/Day) = 125 Workouts.

xhrr

Awards
Nitrates have to be included imo and experience. Definitely want to get around to trying Ergonine though. May make it a staple after seeing the profile and price point.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If I remember correctly ashwaganda has a study done that supports its ability to increase cardiorespiratory endurance in cyclists.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If I remember correctly ashwaganda has a study done that supports its ability to increase cardiorespiratory endurance in cyclists.
I was hoping someone would mention that, because I totally forgot the name of it. where can I get that supp?

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
pretty sure you can find it in bulk if you do a quick google search.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was hoping someone would mention that, because I totally forgot the name of it. where can I get that supp?
If you look it is in a few supplements. I know it is in BPS adrenosurge and a few others. Of course you can buy it as a single ingredient from many companies if you so choose.

xhrr

Awards
I would go with jarrows sensoril. Still want to try KSM-66 to see if it is any different offers different benefits than sensoril does. Just saying if you do get it go with a patented extract that way you know what your getting.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
GW-501516 is king out of all endurance supps from what I've read. Ive never tried it tho. But i have 2 bottles of PN's GW coming tomorrow or Thursday along with 2 bottles of both Magnitropin and Most Wanted

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Pretty sure it was just bulk powder used in the study as well. No fancy extract necessary.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Pretty sure it was just bulk powder used in the study as well. No fancy extract necessary.
Hit it on the nose. 500mg 2x a day for 8 weeks with a standardized aqueous root extract.

Warthog13

Awards
I'm another proponent of Beta Alanine.

I used BA and Quercetin together during a stretch of 3 marathons in 12 weeks (since you mentioned cardio and endurance). Highly recommend them.

I'm borderline addicted to the BA tingles, too!

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
I'm another proponent of Beta Alanine.

I used BA and Quercetin together during a stretch of 3 marathons in 12 weeks (since you mentioned cardio and endurance). Highly recommend them.

I'm borderline addicted to the BA tingles, too!
How long have you been taking BA? Have you noticed the severity of the paresthesia waning?

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm another proponent of Beta Alanine. I used BA and Quercetin together during a stretch of 3 marathons in 12 weeks (since you mentioned cardio and endurance). Highly recommend them. I'm borderline addicted to the BA tingles, too!
what brand of quercetin did you use?

Warthog13

Awards
How long have you been taking BA? Have you noticed the severity of the paresthesia waning?
No, but the tingles start to diminish over time. :lol:

I used it for the first time for three months ending this past January. (It states on the label - SNS version - to cycle off after 2-3 months and abstain for 4 weeks before using again). All joking aside, the paresthesia (I never knew it was called that - thanks) diminished only slightly after the 3 months - and I mean slightly.

I started again in February but stopped after I realized I wasn't really doing anything "endurance worthy" at the time. I was running and lifting but keeping the runs around 4-6 miles. I had read that the effects of BA do diminish over time - hence, the reason for cycling off - and didn't want to "waste" BA cycle time. I really should start again, though, as I'm ramping up the cardio.

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
No, but the tingles start to diminish over time. :lol:

I used it for the first time for three months ending this past January. (It states on the label - SNS version - to cycle off after 2-3 months and abstain for 4 weeks before using again). All joking aside, the paresthesia (I never knew it was called that - thanks) diminished only slightly after the 3 months - and I mean slightly.

I started again in February but stopped after I realized I wasn't really doing anything "endurance worthy" at the time. I was running and lifting but keeping the runs around 4-6 miles. I had read that the effects of BA do diminish over time - hence, the reason for cycling off - and didn't want to "waste" BA cycle time. I really should start again, though, as I'm ramping up the cardio.
I'm pretty sure it's just the "feel" that diminishes. Not the actual effectiveness.

Warthog13

Awards
gotcha. thanks. how did you dose this product?
Empty stomach about 30-60 min before meals ==> 2 Caps before leaving for work, 2 caps 10AM-11AM, and 2 caps around 2PM.

When running ECA, I took ECA at the same time.

Last edited:

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
pretty sure you can find it in bulk if you do a quick google search.
Honestly, as someone who has tried more brands, ratios, extract mg, etc than I can remember, there is nothing that comes close to KSM-66. I tried it for a short run a while back and don't remember why I stopped, but started again and it is night and day.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Other than follidrone and E9, what other supps increase cardio and endurance?
More cardio and endurance intervals ;)

Honestly, running at high intensity for 30s, jogging for 15 and repeating that cycle for 20 minutes has made a hugeee increase in my cardio endurance.

When I started, I could maintain 14km/h for 15 mins, now I can maintain 16.5-17.

I also work in 1:2 and 1:1 intervals

xhrr

Awards
More cardio and endurance intervals ;) Honestly, running at high intensity for 30s, jogging for 15 and repeating that cycle for 20 minutes has made a hugeee increase in my cardio endurance. When I started, I could maintain 14km/h for 15 mins, now I can maintain 16.5-17. I also work in 1:2 and 1:1 intervals
Intervals > liss any day

test112

Awards
  • Established
Cardiotryx
Cordygen5
(-)-epicatechin products
Thunderbolt
High Volume
Pantothenic acid (B5)

Have all helped noticeably. I have sometimes combined some (but not all) of them.

test112

Awards
  • Established
They both lead to different levels of adaptation, and when you combine them your overall power output is optimised.

Simplistically, LISS leads to adaptations at the muscular level including capilliarisation and cellular energy production which differ from the adaptations from intervals. Additionally you can do a lot more volume with much less stress on your system, and as such it can aid recovery from more intense work.

There's decades of research on the subject, but most successful high level endurance athletes centre their training around LISS, even those whose events are on the short side (<10 min).

xhrr

Awards
They both lead to different levels of adaptation, and when you combine them your overall power output is optimised. Simplistically, LISS leads to adaptations at the muscular level including capilliarisation and cellular energy production which differ from the adaptations from intervals. Additionally you can do a lot more volume with much less stress on your system, and as such it can aid recovery from more intense work. There's decades of research on the subject, but most successful high level endurance athletes centre their training around LISS, even those whose events are on the short side (<10 min).
Fair enough I do both regardless being in the military but I was just curious about your take on it.

Good post.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I work in HIIT and LISS 7 days a week. I use HIIT as more of an ending to my gym workout, but run/bike/hike/swim everyday.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I work in HIIT and LISS 7 days a week. I use HIIT as more of an ending to my gym workout, but run/bike/hike/swim everyday.
I'm sorry this maybe a dumb question but what is LISS?