Awards
hey there,

got some questions regarding supplementation of some stuff, here goes --

i've just recieved my order from iherb of -
iron (18mg)
zinc (50mg)
copper (2mg)
and MSM powder (plan to take around 4-5

now i know there are some "collisions" between these stuff and i'd like to know how would be the best way to take them,
how long do i have to wait between them (for example i know of iron and zinc they decrease eachothers absorption rates),
what can i do to increase each's absorption rates,
what should i avoid not to decrease absorption,
and any other helpfull information about it would be real appriciated.

thanks in advance :]
aldo

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Why are you supplementing with these?

aldo

Awards
health issues
my diet lacks a lot of stuff,
i also take a multivitamin,
modern diet (lack of hunting and not eating fresh food, and modernizm - the loss of tradition and right way of living/diet) can make people have lots of deficiencies in their bodies.

iron is for a slight anemia,
zinc is for testosteron, hair, skin and general health,
actually all are for general health.
copper is also for hair
thats it

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Purchase a solid multi like Orange Triad. Problem solved

furion

furion

Awards
  • Established
hey there, got some questions regarding supplementation of some stuff, here goes -- i've just recieved my order from iherb of - iron (18mg) zinc (50mg) copper (2mg) and MSM powder (plan to take around 4-5 now i know there are some "collisions" between these stuff and i'd like to know how would be the best way to take them, how long do i have to wait between them (for example i know of iron and zinc they decrease eachothers absorption rates), what can i do to increase each's absorption rates, what should i avoid not to decrease absorption, and any other helpfull information about it would be real appriciated. thanks in advance :] aldo
Take your iron with vitamin C 500-1000mg. However if you are aenemic 18mg will take a very long time to correct this- I recommend a supplement containing up to 120mg elemental iron to correct a deficiency.

Take your zinc on an empty stomach- split the doses of you get nausea.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
I would be willing to bet you do not need extra copper.

For a couple people that I have met who were anemic I suggested dessicated liver tabs to them and it did bring up their hematocrit.

I'm sorry I cannot really offer any additional advise to your original question though.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Purchase a solid multi like Orange Triad. Problem solved
I have to second this unless you have had blood work done and have been told by a physician that you are lacking in specific vitamins/minerals. "Lack of hunting" makes me suspect that you bought those vitamins from the same person/company that convinced you of this. As for when to take them, I think you're over-analyzing it. I apologize if this comes off as criticism as it's meant to be help...help to save you time and money!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
From your list, the ones advised against combining are

Zinc & Copper
Zinc & Iron

Although, it really isn't that big of a deal if you do. Zinc & Iron share transporters and Zinc can interfere with Copper absorption, but both of these scenarios are based upon taking large amounts. With supplemental amounts it shouldnt be an issue.

aldo

Awards
hey guys thanks for the answers..
copper is for hair mostly, but also to cover up for zinc intake, since i understood there is some issue - when you take zinc your copper in the body begins to go out faster...

hmm
so here is a bit more details for what im going through -

i do not go to a gym but i exersize more or less 1.5 hours a day, with a day or two break a week,
this includes almost mostly push ups and a 6kg dumbell that i happen to have at home (wish it was heavier though),
than about once or twice a week i go to this garden where i can do pull ups on a bar, and i run but not really regularly although i do need to up the dose some to clean years of smoking from my lungs.
i either take a short 5-7 minutes runs than exersize, or go for a run/walk which can sometimes be for hours switching between running and walking and resting.

zinc ive decided to take at night before bed with a short pushup - weight lifting session, as i've read that there is something in its absorption if you take it at night, and it produces clearer dream (which i have already experienced with a lower dose)
so this end is good.

i also take with cereals about 2 tsps of raw gelatin powder (mixed in the COLD milk)
gelatin is about 96% protein so this is my protein drink,
around here it costs half the price of a protein powder - pound for pound, and it has about 25% more protein so its a win win for all.

now im only left with the copper, iron and MSM
i also have spirulina but seriously i dont know where i can shove it in as im going to be full of vitamins, minerals and proteins which spirulina is full of, but it has a really good boosting effect anyway.

SO ---
questions remaining are -

* COPPER - what can i take this with ?
what shouldnt i take this with ?
(i dont rememver if its the zinc or the iron which intterupt its absorption,,,, i think its the iron because many supplement has a zinc&copper combo, but im not sure - id glad if you could elaborate on this)
also what kind of things in GENERAL would increase its absorption ?

*IRON - yes - i know vit C is increasing its absorption, but what else ?
and besides zinc - what would decrease its absorption ?
probably going to take it at morning / noon since i want it to have so gap between this and zinc.
(on a side note - im only slightly anemic... i exercise and eat a mealfull of cornflakes / tehini - which is a sesame paste - real good - full of iron - and almost instantly i get more color, problem is it goes off easily as well, but anyway - im not here for anemic advises)

and lastly - MSM -
i know i should take this with a meal, i also know it might cause some stomach cramps or upsession,
but - how would this combine with my new "candies" ?
with which can i take it, and with which not ?

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Get some Vit. D dawg. That's all I'll recomend.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I know a lot of people supplementing vitamin D can tell a difference when they take it or not so yea its definitely on the list of ingredients to have. Most multi's give the proper amount though and if you're in the sun a lot you will get a good source of vitamin d as well.