Why aren't there more single nitrate products?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just curious why there aren't more companies coming out with single nitrate products that could be purchased outside of blends? My go to is iForce PN, which I love, but why not more options.

Nyrin

Awards
Thermolife has a patent on the ever-popular amino nitrates; I imagine that limits things a bit.

I'm in the same boat, though. After being spoiled by the likes of High Volume and Max Out, preworkouts -- even good ones like Conqu3r -- that don't have nitrates just can't compare. If I could add some standalone nitrates easily enough, that'd help a lot.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
4 reputable companies have nitrates solo... thats plenty in the nitrate world

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Finaflex has MaxPump for that betaine nitrate

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So in reality there aren't many at all, but it sounds like it could be related to a patent issue. Got it.

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
That's a good question. Maybe it's a price issue

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
iForce Potassium Nitrate is my go-to.

Fuk RK
Yeah, like I mentioned, it is my go to. My only fear is reliance on one brand and if they decided to scrap it or change it, then the options are limited.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I can vouch for NOxygen

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, like I mentioned, it is my go to. My only fear is reliance on one brand and if they decided to scrap it or change it, then the options are limited.
For sure. If i ever feel like something is on the edge i usually stock up. RK will do his thing, but last i checked this new round of patent trolling failed. I've been out of the loop for a few weeks so i may be behind the times.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
NOxygen was amazing when I took it. Nitrates and hydromax are a good combo.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
For sure. If i ever feel like something is on the edge i usually stock up. RK will do his thing, but last i checked this new round of patent trolling failed. I've been out of the loop for a few weeks so i may be behind the times.

I think a tad behind, last i checked, NOXygen, Condense and D-Pol are on the way out

I don't blame him, it's his intellectual property and companies are making millions off of it behind his back hoping he doesn't notice, instead of just going through him. No one wants to do what's right, they want the quick fix or money maker in this industry, or in life for that matter

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
I think a tad behind, last i checked, NOXygen, Condense and D-Pol are on the way out

I don't blame him, it's his intellectual property and companies are making millions off of it behind his back hoping he doesn't notice, instead of just going through him. No one wants to do what's right, they want the quick fix or money maker in this industry, or in life for that matter
current they are being sued... not looking to hot right now, will know more and final outcome in the week too come.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Stock up time. I'm glad I started this thread or I'd have no idea about these lawsuits and possible demise of products.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
well i'm sure their will be more products with them, they just have to go through the patent holder. lol going behind someone's back to use an ingredient that's tied in a patent is the issue, not necessarily that he doesnt want them being used

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What do we think that will do to cost and will it make it worth it?

Est1995

Awards
Is it possible to buy bulk food grade sodium nitrate (similar to Nitratene found in Purus Labs supps) and use that?

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
well i'm sure their will be more products with them, they just have to go through the patent holder. lol going behind someone's back to use an ingredient that's tied in a patent is the issue, not necessarily that he doesnt want them being used
i don't think cost will change all that much, tbh.

i mean i'm not the patent holder, but i'd venture to guess it wouldn't be priced stupid expensive considering the lawsuits will net him money as well for those using his intellectual property. PES did it the right way (the NO3-T Patent/Trademark) and High Volume isn't stupid expensive

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Is it possible to buy bulk food grade sodium nitrate (similar to Nitratene found in Purus Labs supps) and use that?
Ive researched potassium nitrate in bulk form via crop fertilizer... came up short on my findings

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
Only lone star is carrying it at the moment for distrubution, Europa isn't carrying it anymore since the law suit. I don't even think they are carring dpol or condense either for the same reason

IF you want me to hold one for you i will, and then ship it out the next day, we have 8 in stock right now. I'm guessing 2-3 will go tomorrow during work

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I mean, when it comes down to it, it's not like these are unknown patents that are suddenly coming to light.

This is an issue any company interested in selling nitrates has known about for YEARS.

--

I'll try to do this without naming names.

TL has nitrate patents.

TL warns companies A,B,C,...,Y,Z for their illegal use of his ingredient, sues some of them, prepares lawsuits for the rest, gets settlements from some.

Companies A, B contest the lawsuit and try to invalidate the patents via the legal system. Commendable for having the balls to show up in court, but ultimately they were wrong and the patents stand.

Companies C, D, ... all decide to ignore the issue and keep on using nitrates without a license. These companies were counting on the aforementioned to win their lawsuit and invalidate the patents.

A significant number of companies wanted someone else to fight and fund their legal battle for them, so that they could keep selling TLs patented ingredient without repercussion.

--

It's really hard for me to feel bad for companies that are facing legal consequences over nitrates, or patented ingredients in general, because it is utterly impossible to not have known it was going to be an issue.

Like, any company can decide what legal risks they want to take, but they aren't the victim of anything when their legal risks bite back.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Get out of here with your logic, De__eB, ain't got no time fo dat... :p

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know one thing, the lawsuits over this are getting more numerous and more personal :(

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
off to file a patent for creatine........

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Were you the first person to sell it?

How is that comparable?
nitrates have been used and sold long before that Richard Kranium came along!!!! look at hot dogs and sensitive toothpaste, is he going to charge a fee for those too?

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
nitrates have been used and sold long before that Richard Kranium came along!!!! look at hot dogs and sensitive toothpaste, is he going to charge a fee for those too?
Have you heard of a utility patent?

Do you eat hot dogs and toothpaste to improve exercise performance?

Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I guess I am missing how they could patent something like nitrates, but whatever. Why is potassium nitrate allowed to be sold without patent infringement?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Have you heard of a utility patent?

Do you eat hot dogs and toothpaste to improve exercise performance?

Do you have any idea what you're talking about?
no i don't know what i am talking about, i am not a patent attorney....but common sense tells me that what he is doing is wrong, it may be legal, but that doesn't make it right!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I guess I am missing how they could patent something like nitrates, but whatever. Why is potassium nitrate allowed to be sold without patent infringement?
exactly...potassium nitrate is the active in sensitive toothpaste!!!!

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Because they were the first to sell it as a supplement, and decided to patent its use in combination with amino acids for being a novel use of those ingredients.

Potassium nitrate on its own isn't being sold in combination with amino acids, and therefore isn't under their patent.

If you were to try and do something like sell a combo stack of a potassium nitrate product, and a product with amino acids in it, you would be in violation of their patents.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok, so then anyone can sell nitrate supplements by themselves (and vit c) and that is fine. (?)

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
no i don't know what i am talking about, i am not a patent attorney....but common sense tells me that what he is doing is wrong, it may be legal, but that doesn't make it right!!!
They were the first to use nitrates in supplements.

Competitors were still using AAKG and other **** that doesn't work

Lots of competitors mocked their use of nitrates as dangerous.

But then everyone realized they worked, and decided they wanted to sell them too.

Why shouldn't TL be the ones to benefit from their novel use of a compound?

Why should people who were 100% aware of the patents he has, and decided to ignore them, be allowed to do so?

--

There's also supply chain reasons why you'd want a single source/licensing model for ingredient supply.

Guess how many people selling <x> nitrate are actually selling you bonded amino acid nitrates?

(The answer is not many)

--

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok, so then anyone can sell nitrate supplements by themselves (and vit c) and that is fine. (?)
Vit C has nothing to do with it :p

And I mean, as long as you did not in any context ever advertise it as going with an amino acid, either directly in your labels,marketing, or indirectly via your forum sales reps, etc... sure

Or if you want to sell an effective ingredient, you just pay the guy to license it...

How is this any different than literally every single other patented ingredient out there that people buy from the provider?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So we've come full circle. I don't have any idea how this veered off on added aminos, but I wasn't talking about that in the OP and compounds have nothing to do with my question.

..and I am not here to argue with you or disagree with the patent, I simply wanted to know about single nitrate products and somehow TL was pulled into it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Vit C has nothing to do with it :p

And I mean, as long as you did not in any context ever advertise it as going with an amino acid, either directly in your labels,marketing, or indirectly via your forum sales reps, etc... sure

Or if you want to sell an effective ingredient, you just pay the guy to license it...

How is this any different than literally every single other patented ingredient out there that people buy from the provider?
it is different because as a layman i think of a patent being used to guard a new invention that has never been used before...

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So we've come full circle. I don't have any idea how this veered off on added aminos, but I wasn't talking about that in the OP and compounds have nothing to do with my question.

..and I am not here to argue with you or disagree with the patent, I simply wanted to know about single nitrate products and somehow TL was pulled into it.
I mean, with nutriguard selling potassium nitrate dirt cheap, I don't think many people wan't to compete with that price, so they would want to be putting the nitrates in combination with something else useful, which is where TL comes in

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
it is different because as a layman i think of a patent being used to guard a new invention that has never been used before...
I think it is the use of the ingredient in a sports supplement that is the issue. I may be wrong, though.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
You're missing the point. Before TL introduced nitrates, there was no solution for increasing NO in people effectively for performances of pumps and exercise enhancement. They changed the game, and they deserve credit for it.

They are patenting nitrates for performance enhancement, not toothpaste use. Utility is still intellectual property.