Trutein Protein

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Anyone used this, it has come over to the UK. and is fairly new here is it better than MP Combat Powder, ON Gold Standard and PES select, how does it taste cos im on a cut and it helps to have a good protein powder.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Anyone used this, it has come over to the UK. and is fairly new here is it better than MP Combat Powder, ON Gold Standard and PES select, how does it taste cos im on a cut and it helps to have a good protein powder.
It is not better at all.

Taste of some is good but note this is a company whose owner has been sued and seen jail-time

They use egg protein which has terrible bioavailability uncooked. Even if processed I do not trust it. Just not a blend worth buying

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It is not better at all.

Taste of some is good but no trust for a company whose owner has been sued and seen jail-time

Also they use egg protein which has terrible bioavailability uncooked. Even if processed I do not trust it
Multiple QC Problems in the past (O-rings/rocks found in their powder)
Owner has been to jail twice
Do not trust
Also when questioned about their 3rd party testing their reps fall silent and nothing to back it. They changed their 40/40/20 ratio due to the price of egg protein rising so much as well.
They changed named for the company multiple times. Just questionable. I do not buy supplements based off the taste, if that was the case people would buy phase 8 all the time but in reality that is spiked like crazy, Same with Giant Sports (CNC) which is great, but instead of 27g of protein we get 12g.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Used to give me crazy bad "wind" aswell

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Please feel free to request Select from your favourite UK retailers.

We need more places to carry it over here and they often base purchases based on requests. :)

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
Do not trust
Also when questioned about their 3rd party testing their reps fall silent and nothing to back it. They changed their 40/40/20 ratio due to the price of egg protein rising so much as well.
They changed named for the company multiple times. Just questionable. I do not buy supplements based off the taste, if that was the case people would buy phase 8 all the time but in reality that is spiked like crazy, Same with Giant Sports (CNC) which is great, but instead of 27g of protein we get 12g.

Sums it up perfect, for me its a no no

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Haven't used it but plan to!!

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
It's my favorite protien powder, very tasty and it does help on a cut.

I think that people cry too much about the owners personal life, I have had, and a lot of my closest friends that I trust with my life have had, problems with the law...

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
It's my favorite protien powder, very tasty and it does help on a cut. I think that people cry too much about the owners personal life, I have had, and a lot of my closest friends that I trust with my life have had, problems with the law...
Does not really exclude the fact that quality of this product is lacking and these past incidents are just shameful in regards to Trutein

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Do not trust
If that doesnt answer your question idk what would... Solid info as always!

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Does not really exclude the fact that quality of this product is lacking and these past incidents are just shameful in regards to Trutein
That might be true but to say "don't trust it's owner because he spent time in jail" is not fair to the product.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
That might be true but to say "don't trust it's owner because he spent time in jail" is not fair to the product.
Did you need read the above posts?

Refusal for 3rd party testing

**** found inside of the protein tubs

Using an inferior blend as explained above.

I used Trutein until educating myself, but no longer a fan

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for replies guys. Its just being promoted in the UK as a great product but you have given me a heads up, what about musclepharms combat powder is that spiked cos the arnold one was said to be, also whats Syntha 6 Isolate and Gaspari Myofusion Like are they inferior spiked products to, a product i have been using is: http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/informed-whey.html

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LMAO @ this thread. Funny how when the owner was around here and I think a sponsor everyone loved the protein and it was constantly recommended in every protein thread. Shameful that people are basing their opinion of the company off of the owners personal life and problems. I don't know the man personally and haven't walked in his shoes so I'm not gonna pass judgement. Saying you're not gonna purchase the protein based on quality and past problems with QC is one thing, but personal attacks on someone you don't know is another thing all together.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
^ not my prime listed reasoning for not buying

And were these quality issues before or after his time on AM?

Genuinely curious

Even if my favourite companies were caught spiking or things like this I doubt I would remain a fan

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
LMAO @ this thread. Funny how when the owner was around here and I think a sponsor everyone loved the protein and it was constantly recommended in every protein thread. Shameful that people are basing their opinion of the company off of the owners personal life and problems. I don't know the man personally and haven't walked in his shoes so I'm not gonna pass judgement. Saying you're not gonna purchase the protein based on quality and past problems with QC is one thing, but personal attacks on someone you don't know is another thing all together.
I can't speak for everyone, but the owner issues do not bother me. Everyone has their issues, people just found out about his. I did not post on here when they were around here. I originally bought a tub because of the great reviews on another board. I ordered cinnamon bun and the powder was beyond chalky and tasted terrible. Then I found out about quality control issues. The poor taste and texture turned me off, the poor qc turned me off for good.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can't speak for everyone, but the owner issues do not bother me. Everyone has their issues, people just found out about his. I did not post on here when they were around here. I originally bought a tub because of the great reviews on another board. I ordered cinnamon bun and the powder was beyond chalky and tasted terrible. Then I found out about quality control issues. The poor taste and texture turned me off, the poor qc turned me off for good.
I never tried it, as I heard about the QC issues a while back. That's really the only reason, though.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
do u think it was the egg-whites in the protein cos, drinking pasteurized liquid egg whites can do that.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I have met the guy many times in real life.
he constantly stalked Jaime eason at the Arnold expo
he constantly came over and harassed myself and the owner at the Scivation booth demanding to talk to him (Mike) every 30-45 minutes
He has had multiple QC issues in the past (O-Rings, Rocks found in the powder)
He continues to not wanting to provide adequate 3rd party tests on his product.
He reduced the amount of Egg protein in his 40/40/20 blend but yet the cost of the product went up when he reduced the most expensive raw ingredient in it and serving sizes got smaller.
His personal record of going to jail twice is not going to help his reputation/brand with that kind of a background.
He had to change the name of his company multiple times due to the problems he had in the past.
Their customer service is mediocre at best. people had problems with the "baggy" samples they sell on their site, and even on a public forum he would refuse to give them refunds if there were problems.

That is why I do not support the company or his product. and again that is my own opinion.

amarula

Awards
Some months ago I've bought a tub of chocolate peanut butter from Trutein brand (before the name change). No problems with digestion, texture, mixing or quality whatsoever. But I wasn't impressed with the flavour. For me was to sweet and to strong on the peanut side. Prefer USP and XF

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was first drawn to the brand when I noticed they had a pumpkin pie flavour. I liked it and the Lemon Meringue tastes great too. But I'll never buy again after The Solution gave me the history on the QC issues. Plus egg white protein tends to bloat me pretty good.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was first drawn to the brand when I noticed they had a pumpkin pie flavour. I liked it and the Lemon Meringue tastes great too. But I'll never buy again after The Solution gave me the history on the QC issues. Plus egg white protein tends to bloat me pretty good.
What if "The Solution" told you to jump off a bridge?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What if "The Solution" told you to jump off a bridge?
I don't know what he told me is 100% true of course but he's trustworthy. Bottomline is if you read in the news that some food product got recalled it will make you think twice before buying it.

In the end a blend without egg is easier to digest for me.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Neither bodynutriton or trunutrition have FDA warning letters pertaining directly to issues. Was this never reported?

In saying that, while O Rings and Rocks are nsty things to find in a product, I have opened a bag or dorritos before and had a glove inside; I have eaten opened salads and found snails, cockroaches and other small insects from large reputable NZ companies and even bit down on a hard piece of plastic in a Pie. Sometimes despite all efforts things can go wrong.

Sometimes companies can run bad batches and they may not be picked up despite good QC controls. I have never been to a body nutrition facility o know what QC they have in place though

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Well after.
This is why I said it.

He may not have been as well liked here if otherwise,

Someone said he was liked here in its Defence

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is why I said it.

He nay not have been as well liked here if otherwise
He wasn't here very long. True Protein was here much longer so maybe someone is getting it a bit mixed up :)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
He wasn't here very long. True Protein was here much longer so maybe someone is getting it a bit mixed up :)
Lol maybe
I get that happening a lot with similar company short forms

digitalducki

digitalducki

Awards
  • Established
At this point, especially with new flavors on the horizon, I don't see the point in buying anything besides PES Select. Wtf else could u want from a protein?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
At this point, especially with new flavors on the horizon, I don't see the point in buying anything besides PES Select. Wtf else could u want from a protein?
Steroid spiking?

Lol

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
digitalducki

digitalducki

Awards
  • Established
I've written off USP labs after their last several products, marketing attempts and various health issues, however blown out of proportion they may be. Compound 20. Stink magic. Then they dive into caffeinated Aminos and texting my phone about getting a bench club t shirt. Lmao. Weak.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've written off USP labs after their last several products, marketing attempts and various health issues, however blown out of proportion they may be. Compound 20. Stink magic. Then they dive into caffeinated Aminos and texting my phone about getting a bench club t shirt. Lmao. Weak.
You know you can easily unsubscribe from texts and emails.

digitalducki

digitalducki

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I'm aware, but the hope is that they bring back the brand with a blowout product that gets results... I'd still want to know about it so I don't mind the texts, I mind the weak content.

Db2

Db2

Awards
Honestly I've enjoyed Trutein. I switched to it after I discovered definitively that yet another major blend had nothing but a sprinkling of anything other than whey in their 'blend'. I've had an off tub once where flavor was kind of wacko, but their peanut butter marshmallow cookie and smores tastes amazing, and shamrock shake is awesome. You can tell there's a decent amount of casein from the mix compared to other blends. That being said I'm now going to investigate further. A friend whose an IFBB pro is big time into True Nutrition. Anybody use?

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I don't know what he told me is 100% true of course but he's trustworthy. Bottomline is if you read in the news that some food product got recalled it will make you think twice before buying it.

In the end a blend without egg is easier to digest for me.
"The Solution" is a known hater of Trutein's owner so everything he says about the product I don't take very serious.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Honestly I've enjoyed Trutein. I switched to it after I discovered definitively that yet another major blend had nothing but a sprinkling of anything other than whey in their 'blend'. I've had an off tub once where flavor was kind of wacko, but their peanut butter marshmallow cookie and smores tastes amazing, and shamrock shake is awesome. You can tell there's a decent amount of casein from the mix compared to other blends. That being said I'm now going to investigate further. A friend whose an IFBB pro is big time into True Nutrition. Anybody use?
Trutein isn't true nutrition.

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can only speak for my personal experience with the company and I have nothing negative to say.

I've personally met the owner at the Olympia and he straight hooked it up.

I've tried their protein and tasted just fine and never got rocks or O rings.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
"The Solution" is a known hater of Trutein's owner so everything he says about the product I don't take very serious.
That is My opinion
Yours may differ

There is plenty of resources out there on google that show you the problems Trutein has went through, Body Nutrition, Tao Nutrition or whatever you want to call them, not to mention greg's problems and his past. QC Issues etc..

If you want to to use it that is your decision, i know for one thing I won't touch it. but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I will stick to companies that are 3rd party tested and have better QC policies/customer service.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
I know this. I was asking if anyone around here had tried True Nutrition! (I can see how context could have made that unclear)
I've ordered them on quite a few occasions and have always been impressed with the quality. It has become a little more expensive over the past few years and there have been some newcomers to the protein world that are comparable so I don't order much from them anymore, but I think they are top notch.