proteins similar to PES Select

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
ok, let me say saomething, i am in LOVE with PES Select proteins but i'd like to try also different ones, different brand and different mixes, so, would you please suggest me some other proteins similar to the PES ones in terms of ingredients, so, no fillers, no useless bcaa and mix of whey/casein/iso?

simply whats the best for you and/or what would you suggest to replace the PES ones :)

thanks

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Maybe the new USP labs proteins

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
yes i saw that one but it does include 3 type of isolate and not casein and/or whey
But it is casein and whey, and i believe in a very similar ratio to the original which was like Select

I don't understand why you are against those forms I guess

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
uhmmm so they are 3 type of isolate, isolate casein, isolate and isolate whey? i am confused lol, what about cellucor?? those ones are just whey i guess, basically i am trying to find one that could be taken postWO and preSLEEP

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
uhmmm so they are 3 type of isolate, isolate casein, isolate and isolate whey? i am confused lol, what about cellucor?? those ones are just whey i guess, basically i am trying to find one that could be taken postWO and preSLEEP
There's not a certain type of protein powder that has to be taken post or pre-bed (depending on a variety of things).

Many enjoy Cellucor flavors but as noted, it is straight whey.

Just pick one that you find you may like, give it a shot and see how you enjoy it.

With that said, I don't see why you would want to try another powder when you've already had Select :)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
And remember 2 new flavours of Select on route

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you can still find Pronom 23 anywhere, it has a solid profile and 3rd party lab tested.

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
ahahahah good point lol, why? cause i wanna do experiments :D (btw still looking for the blondy one lol)

i was talking about, isolate--> post WO and casein pre-sleep, i use to take the isolate as a post wo since they are very fast and the casein cause they are slow that is why i was saying that :)

yes cellucor is whey....

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
For the record, there is no comparison to select. The best protein ive ever had. I have heard great things about cellucor tho as u mentioned....

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can buy a casein in bulk and mix with a whey to suit your needs if you want a break from Select.

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
ok let me tell the truth here guys......

since 3 weeks i am starting to have some issue with the Select ones....

i did test this, one week by one

so basically on the week i am taking Select proteins i am much more "bloated" and i keep more water, the week i am taking allmax isolated as post wo and allmax casein as pre sleep i am much more lean.... no water.....

i tested this for 3 weeks.... so........ the results are pretty clear....

also i did not change anything in my diet

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
You can buy a casein in bulk and mix with a whey to suit your needs if you want a break from Select.
yes, this is what i did during the tests (see above post) mixing casein fx with isoflex :)

Carminb1

Carminb1

Awards
Pro Jym, Grenade Hydra 6, and Trutein are all great tasting with percentage or gram based blends with no spiking.

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
Pro Jym, Grenade Hydra 6, and Trutein are all great tasting with percentage or gram based blends with no spiking.
thanks for that mate, ill have a look into it

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
You may want to remove this unsponsored link

ok let me tell the truth here guys...... since 3 weeks i am starting to have some issue with the Select ones.... i did test this, one week by one so basically on the week i am taking Select proteins i am much more "bloated" and i keep more water, the week i am taking allmax isolated as post wo and allmax casein as pre sleep i am much more lean.... no water..... i tested this for 3 weeks.... so........ the results are pretty clear.... also i did not change anything in my diet

The is odd. No extra fillers in Select. Nor is there lactose in any concerning amount.

Casein can be an issue for some hut if you're saying you tried another I'm not really sure

I assume diet stayed the same?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ok, let me say saomething, i am in LOVE with PES Select proteins but i'd like to try also different ones, different brand and different mixes, so, would you please suggest me some other proteins similar to the PES ones in terms of ingredients, so, no fillers, no useless bcaa and mix of whey/casein/iso?

simply whats the best for you and/or what would you suggest to replace the PES ones :)

thanks
Usp Labs OxyElite. I think Banana is still on sale at nutraplanet. Yep still on sale,

http://www.nutraplanet.com/products/usplabs/oxyelite-protein.html

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
You may want to remove this unsponsored link

The is odd. No extra fillers in Select. Nor is there lactose in any concerning amount.

Casein can be an issue for some hut if you're saying you tried another I'm not really sure

I assume diet stayed the same?
yes diet was the same otherwise it would have not make sense :)

link removed my apologies for that :)
T-Bone thanks ill look into it too :)

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
trutein are the most interesting till now, i am so sad about this :( i love PES Select and their profile is really good, i assume nobody else is experiencing the same "side effect"

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
trutein are the most interesting till now, i am so sad about this :( i love PES Select and their profile is really good, i assume nobody else is experiencing the same "side effect"
I switched over from other brands and Select alleviated this problem for me

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
i see, well i am the only one then, i wanted to keep using it but it was giving me water retention and i was no happy about it, as soon as i removed it and started using isoflex+casein fx, mixed together pre-WO and just isoflex post-WO, then casein pre-SLEEP, well, all gone, diet stayed the same.

this is really odd as select does not have anything wrong, the profile looks great and it is great and i was doing really well with them under every point of view then it started..... so weird....

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You may want to remove this unsponsored link The is odd. No extra fillers in Select. Nor is there lactose in any concerning amount. Casein can be an issue for some hut if you're saying you tried another I'm not really sure I assume diet stayed the same?
Some people, like myself struggle to digest WPC despite the lack of lactose. OP if you have heaps of select left get a good digestive enzyme and take with it.

Works 90% of the time, everytime.

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
Some people, like myself struggle to digest WPC despite the lack of lactose. OP if you have heaps of select left get a good digestive enzyme and take with it.

Works 90% of the time, everytime.
Thx man, what would you suggest?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've used Trutein and actually liked it a lot, but it isn't recommended a lot on this board. Select is probably my favorite all around. It tastes the best, has the highest protein to calorie ratio, is clean, is a blend, has a great texture.

I just started using OxyElite because of the sale and I love that too, but it has MCTs and fiber ...meaning higher cals ....still a top protein.

I see the logic in the blends and also LOVE the texture created by including casein, but I wouldn't hesitate to try straight whey if it helped me get my requirements.

I usually look for sales on quality and buy a bunch ....as long as it is good stuff, whether it is a blend or straight whey.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
ahahahah good point lol, why? cause i wanna do experiments :D (btw still looking for the blondy one lol)

i was talking about, isolate--> post WO and casein pre-sleep, i use to take the isolate as a post wo since they are very fast and the casein cause they are slow that is why i was saying that :)

yes cellucor is whey....
Casein isnt needed pre bed. the whole "you go catabolic overnight" has been debunked.

Oxyelite and pronom are delicious

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
Uhmmmm I could consider whey before sleep then as food is too heavy for me :(

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Uhmmmm I could consider whey before sleep then as food is too heavy for me :(
He meant eating before sleeping is not needed at all

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
He meant eating before sleeping is not needed at all
I finish training at this time, I'm still on the treadmill lol so here in UK is 8.41pm and after dinner, which I'll have in about 40 min, then go sleep at mid night so I really can't avoid my pre sleep meal as I'll be hungry at that time...

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Oh ok yeah have your post meal/shake and eat when hungry then didn't realize that

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
:) Then it will also depend, usually when I do just cardio I'm not hungry and I go sleep without shake :)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I finish training at this time, I'm still on the treadmill lol so here in UK is 8.41pm and after dinner, which I'll have in about 40 min, then go sleep at mid night so I really can't avoid my pre sleep meal as I'll be hungry at that time...
Haha fair enough. I was just meaning that is doesn't have to be casein :D It can be for sure, but it doesn't have to be.

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
Haha fair enough. I was just meaning that is doesn't have to be casein :D It can be for sure, but it doesn't have to be.
Yes I agree :) but it's easy and not heavy on my stomach since info sleep after 20/30 min of my meal :)

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
there is an offer on the shop where i use to buy £44.99 and buy one get one half price on oxyElite proteins, so i think i could take those ones but i am not sure if its ok for using as a post WO and pre sleep too, they said:

Ingredients: Advanced Lean Protein Matrix (Milk Protein Isolate [comprised of both whey and casein proteins], Whey Protein Concentrate 80%, Micellar Casein), Cocoa (processed with alkali), Polydextrose (Fiber), Rapid Burn Lipid Complex (High Oleic Sunflower Oil, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Conjugated Linoleic Acid, Amylase, Lactase), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Soy Lecithin, Guar Gum, Salt, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium

so the are not "isolate", as its saying whey and casein, im confused lol

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
What confuses you?

That blend is 50/50 whey casein
From MPI
WPC
And casein

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
ok got it, so no isolated proteins but still good i guess even if not that fast for a post wo, any particular flavor you suggest?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
ok got it, so no isolated proteins but still good i guess even if not that fast for a post wo, any particular flavor you suggest?
Best vanilla I've had

But the strawberry cheesecake is one of a kind and fantastic

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
only available vanilla and milk choc :) illgo for vanilla then :)