Pre Sleep food?

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Anyone that knows me knows that I have the worst sleep possible. Tried everything, only thing that seems to help is smoke.

Ive also tried to ween off smoke before bed and after 5 days had to go back given how bad the sleep quality got.

Also tried growth factor again last night , something that worked in the past, this time did the opposite.

So, im ready to try food before bed.

I see a lot of web doctors suggesting bananas, little on the fence about this.

I might try grenola with warm milk?

What do you guys eat pre bed?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Umm.. food seems like an odd choice. I guess something like turkey might help? Have you tried melatonin? How about L - dopa & cholophytum? Analyzed sells the combo

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Umm.. food seems like an odd choice. I guess something like turkey might help? Have you tried melatonin? How about L - dopa & cholophytum? Analyzed sells the combo
Since he's using Growth Factor XT, he's already used L-Dopa + Chlorophytum.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not that I have horrible sleep quality generally, but I've found having some protein + 1g agmatine and some raisin bran or shredded wheat prior to bed to provide better sleep than not doing it...but of course, YMMV...I did find adding in the 3 caps of inhibit e to further improve my sleep as well...

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Supps just don't seem to work. I've tried those, tried melatonin, tried agmatine etc etc

scope75

scope75

Awards
  • Established
In for more info.

I also have sleep issues and MMJ is what works and works everytime but I've tapered off and finished my stash so I need something else to replace it.

I've tried a few things G8, GFXT, and a couple other supps but none seems to work as well or even close to MMJ.
Like you last night I took 1.5 scoops of G8 and I was more alert/up after than before taking it. I actually had to go look and make sure I didn't take a damn preWO because I was wanting to lift and actually went and hit a quick arm and back session.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Not that I have horrible sleep quality generally, but I've found having some protein + 1g agmatine and some raisin bran or shredded wheat prior to bed to provide better sleep than not doing it...but of course, YMMV...I did find adding in the 3 caps of inhibit e to further improve my sleep as well...
I'm talking about food here, not trying to get more supps.

Would appreciate it if people weren't chiming in to sell their products

Thanks

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
In for more info. I also have sleep issues and MMJ is what works and works everytime but I've tapered off and finished my stash so I need something else to replace it. I've tried a few things G8, GFXT, and a couple other supps but none seems to work as well or even close to MMJ. Like you last night I took 1.5 scoops of G8 and I was more alert/up after than before taking it. I actually had to go look and make sure I didn't take a damn preWO because I was wanting to lift and actually went and hit a quick arm and back session.
I found g8 did the exact same to me, really energised me

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
In for more info. I also have sleep issues and MMJ is what works and works everytime but I've tapered off and finished my stash so I need something else to replace it. I've tried a few things G8, GFXT, and a couple other supps but none seems to work as well or even close to MMJ. Like you last night I took 1.5 scoops of G8 and I was more alert/up after than before taking it. I actually had to go look and make sure I didn't take a damn preWO because I was wanting to lift and actually went and hit a quick arm and back session.
Mmj = smoke right?

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm talking about food here, not trying to get more supps.

Would appreciate it if people weren't chiming in to sell their products

Thanks
I get no kick backs from protein or cereal companies, lol, that's what I was recommending, agmatine and inhibit E was just what else I personally use in addition...but I apologize if it came across as pimping, that wasn't my intention...

scope75

scope75

Awards
  • Established
Mmj = smoke right?
Correct
I live in Ca so I call it MMJ to keep it PC. Lol

That's crazy we both get energized from G8.
All I need is something to calm my mind and slow it down because thoughts are always racing threw my head.
Best thing that I've found for me is to put on a podcast and kinda but not really focus on that and I'll be out if not I just end up staying up and listening.

Shin Sprints

Awards
I believe Almond Butter was mentioned in The Four Hour Body book.

Also...don't laugh, try wear some UV glasses an hour or two before bed. Apparently blue light in modern electronic devices like phones, monitors and TVs can cause sleep disruptions.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
I get no kick backs from protein or cereal companies, lol, that's what I was recommending, agmatine and inhibit E was just what else I personally use in addition...but I apologize if it came across as pimping, that wasn't my intention...
Sorry dude! Thanks for the cereal suggestion :D

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
I think the awful sleep might be due to Activate Extreme + Triazole?

I take 2 triazole upon waking, 1 before lunch
2 activate extreme upon waking, 2 before lunch

Googled these and see some people get negative sleep off of it.

Anyone familiar with these?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2 things

1) you do realize you posted a thread in the supplement section right? You can't really get upset people are recommending supplements when you make a thread in the supplement section of the site

2) your premise is kinda ridiculous. You want food suggestions to help you sleep.. any food that makes you tired is going to have a mechanism by which it exerts that effect and supplementing would be the more efficient way to achieve the end result. So take turkey for example, turkey induces sleppyness via its l- tryptophan content. So if you are looking for a food based sleep aid, it is going to be more coat effective/efficient to just supplement with l- tryptophan directly.. or even better yet, supplement with what it metabolizes into, melatonin.

Given the 2 above reasons, you really can't get upset or be shocked that people are recommending supps considering their > efficiency/cost effectiveness and the supplement forum you are posing the question in.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I eat cottage cheese just because it has casein in it and protein haha

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think the awful sleep might be due to Activate Extreme + Triazole? I take 2 triazole upon waking, 1 before lunch 2 activate extreme upon waking, 2 before lunch Googled these and see some people get negative sleep off of it. Anyone familiar with these?
Have you considered taking some time off of the test to see if that's the culprit? It doesn't effect everyone that way but it has been know to cause sleep disturbances in some people.

liftandletdie

Awards
I think pretty much all poultry is a decent source of tryptophan, cherries have naturally occurring melatonin, foods with magnesium, etc. Basically find any ingredient that promotes relaxation and find what foods are a rich source. I'd avoid watching TV or being around blue light from a computer after dark unless you wear blue blocking glasses. Better to be in dim lighting. Of course, any supplement you are taking that could be messing up your sleep probably isn't worth it since sleep and food are essential to lifting. Try taking them as early as possible or stopping to see if that is the case/

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd avoid watching TV or being around blue light from a computer after dark unless you wear blue blocking glasses.
This is the culprit for lots of people's sleep issues. Developing pre bed patterns/routines works wonders for most

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Im guessing using a kindle is okay?

It may be the activate extreme + triazole, however I am dosing them before 12pm, so i would of thought that could be ruled out to effect my sleep, given its almost 12 hours since taking them to sleeping.

Thanks for all responses

Shin Sprints

Awards
I am not sure about e-readers...e-ink ones may be okay.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
I am not sure about e-readers...e-ink ones may be okay.
i hope so. didnt bring all my books with me when i moved out and just repurchased on kindle.

will try reading before bed tonight , havent done it in forever

liftandletdie

Awards
I have never used a kindle, but if you have to have a light on to be able to see the words then it should be fine. The blue blocking glasses are extremely cheap as well.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sex works best for me. That, Ldopa and melatonan.

Food wise i personally like lean steak and fish, eother with a side of broccoli. Also like judo josh said, turkey should be right up your alley.

Shin Sprints

Awards
I bought Uvex S1933X for 15 dollars.

I can't categorically say they work but anecdotally I can say that I feel I am sleeping better.

For 15 dollars might be worth a try.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I grew up eating peanut butter before bed and always wake up better. To this day, a couple of table spoons before bed helps me.

You could always see if you could get some trazodone, which will make you sleep sound and is also a libido enhancer. The main side effect can be 4hour+ erections. :)

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
I grew up eating peanut butter before bed and always wake up better. To this day, a couple of table spoons before bed helps me.
Will try this tonight, good thing i love peanut butter!

Peanut butter and warm milk sounds good :)

drswsdc

drswsdc

Awards
Anyone that knows me knows that I have the worst sleep possible. Tried everything, only thing that seems to help is smoke.

Ive also tried to ween off smoke before bed and after 5 days had to go back given how bad the sleep quality got.

Also tried growth factor again last night , something that worked in the past, this time did the opposite.

So, im ready to try food before bed.

I see a lot of web doctors suggesting bananas, little on the fence about this.

I might try grenola with warm milk?

What do you guys eat pre bed?
Red skin peanuts and somatomax will do the trick!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As far as foods, some people sleep better eating carbs pre bed, some do not.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i hope so. didnt bring all my books with me when i moved out and just repurchased on kindle.

will try reading before bed tonight , havent done it in forever
Have you looked at your sleeping environment and also your routine when getting ready for bed? A lot of times these factors will affect you more than what you're eating or smoking before attempting to sleep.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

It actually causes insomnia. I used to be a wake and bake guy for years. My levels ran very high all day. I would fall asleep and within an hour be up again - wide awake. Hit a bong - go back to sleep - repeat. All night. As soon as the brain recognizes a drop in levels it would become stimulated again (not anesthetized) - awake.

What time do you wake up? is it regular? What time do you go to bed? Is it regular? What is you sleep hygiene like?

jjagg0125

Awards
I have sleep issues as well and personally if I have take my pwo past 4pm it's hard for me to go to bed at 10-1030. Also if I have a protein dense meal within an hour of bed it makes it hard to fall asleep for me as well. I generally take somatomax or anesthetized and it does the trick. So usually I will mix a scoop of protein with it about 30 minutes prior to bedtime.

Also as far as the blue light thing. I can definitely tell a difference if I stay off my computer and cell phone within a couple hours of bed. Just my .02 cents not sure if it will help haha

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Kindle fire? No

http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2014/12/18/1418490112.abstract

Kindle paperwhite? Not sure, might be ok. The light emits inward so shouldnt be an issue but don't know for sure
I have a new kindle and a really old school one. So ill just use the old one.

Think my problems have actually come from Activate Extreme Josh, seems a LOT of people have sleep issues with it. Just going to drop it as of today and hope to see an improvement.

I had some warm milk before bed and stayed away from the computer - seemed to help a little bit

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I eat cottage cheese with a spoon full of peanut butter mixed in. Tastes awesome and I sleep better when eating it. Not sure of the science behind it just know it works for me. Plus it's 11-15g of protein without a carb hit.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a new kindle and a really old school one. So ill just use the old one.

Think my problems have actually come from Activate Extreme Josh, seems a LOT of people have sleep issues with it. Just going to drop it as of today and hope to see an improvement.

I had some warm milk before bed and stayed away from the computer - seemed to help a little bit
It isnt so much the age of the device, as it is how it is illuminated. Light emitting out wards you = bad for sleep. The reading kindles have lights that go inward so shouldn't hinder sleep as much.

Or just read normal books :shrug: I have a kindle but never use it. I still enjoy the feeling of an actual book, man I'm turning into an old man :(

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
It isnt so much the age of the device, as it is how it is illuminated. Light emitting out wards you = bad for sleep. The reading kindles have lights that go inward so shouldn't hinder sleep as much.

Or just read normal books :shrug: I have a kindle but never use it. I still enjoy the feeling of an actual book, man I'm turning into an old man :(
2 days after quitting activate extreme, the sleep has got leaps and bounds better.

honey and camomile tea before bed seems to calm my brain also

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There you go, sounds like you found the culprit.

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
I would go with some dairy - like yogurt and fruit that isn't too acidic - or breakfast foods =) breakfast makes everyone happy! I eat it multiple times a day!

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Combined growth factor XT with honey & camomile tea last night , slept incredibly deep!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Combined growth factor XT with honey & camomile tea last night , slept incredibly deep!
Glad to hear you found a solution to your problem bud