Best bang for the buck Epicatechin product

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
just shopping around, I want to try this product out for 8 weeks, seems to be a lot on the market, which one is best quality and offers most cost efficient?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
just shopping around, I want to try this product out for 8 weeks, seems to be a lot on the market, which one is best quality and offers most cost efficient?
Pure epi or overall product?

Magnitropin and Myosynergy are worth looking at

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Nutraplanet MDX Follidrex. 150mg Open Label -(-)Epi per cap. They just had a BOGO for $20, don't know if it's still going on. I take mine with lemon juice.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Honestly, best bang for your buck is bulk cocoa powder. Effects of cocoa powder and dark chocolate on LDL oxidative susceptibility and prostaglandin concentrations in humans -- 40-50g per day will definitely get the (-)epi in.

Realistically, though, Magnitropin and Myosynergy are definitely the go-tos for standardized content. Closed labels are irritating, though.
Yeah, I looked at that...DC with the proper percentage was expensive though. You have any links to *cheap* CP/DC with verified -(-)Epi content? Then there's the macros with DC :)

http://examine.com/blog/does-dark-chocolates-epicatechin-content-promote-muscle-growth/

Sigma-Aldrich sells bulk -(-)Epi, but I could never figure out their pricing scheme. Hell, HP Ingredients sells bulk LJ:100 :)

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I also see some products have 500mg per cap and others 300mg, what is consensus for optimal dose?

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would see if nutra still has the follidrex, which was two bottles for 20 bucks with a shirt lol. Then you could use both bottles in a month, see if you respond to it, and if so jump into a more expensive like follidrone, or ep1c. Ep1c seems to be more for your money and is open label, follidrone is renown and from what i know the innovator of that compound being brought to light in the supplement game.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
The studies have only gone up to 200mg for half life. The study showing a drop/increase in myostatin/follistatin, dosed 75mg, twice a day. Read the studies and choose what you think works/your wallet can handle. Make sure the label lists the exact amount of -(-)Epi in the capsule... PROP BLENDS MUST DIE.

There may be other studies, but those are the ones I've seen that are relevant to body composition.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
^ even in an open label we need to know both the % extract and what exactly it was extracted for.

A lot of "open label" companies are still sneaky

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Fine, make the first happen, and we'll work on the second :)

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
follidrone looks like most mg for the price 30g for $49 vs EP1C 18g for $52, follidrex 9g for $20

louisaboy

Awards
  • Established
Best bang is: Black Lion Research Follidrone.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
follidrone looks like most mg for the price 30g for $49 vs EP1C 18g for $52, follidrex 9g for $20
follidrone is a prop blend... You dont know what the amount it is with that, epicat from blackstone either. Imo epic has open label and as a consumer thats more important to me. Follidrone is def renown like i mentioned above already

I got the follidrex bogo, and if it works, ill take it from there.

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Lets try not to skew things too much here. At NP Ep1c and folli are identical price. Per cap, folli is 500mg prop blend -epi and rice flour (at least 250mg epi due to being listed first), while Ep1c is 300mg pure -epi. Not downplaying folli at all, it has tons of followers and believers, but the margin is nowhere near what you depicted.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lets try not to skew things too much here. At NP Ep1c and folli are identical price. Per cap, folli is 500mg prop blend -epi and rice flour (at least 250mg epi due to being listed first), while Ep1c is 300mg pure -epi. Not downplaying folli at all, it has tons of followers and believers, but the margin is nowhere near what you depicted.
Didn't realize that follidrone was a prop blend, makes sense now

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Honest post and comparison.

Reps for not making it a debate this thread could easily side track

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
Ep1c is the best bang for your buck. It worked great for me and you get 300 mg per capsule.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Olympus Labs

Olympus Labs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The problem with epi was not purity as most extracts range between 90-98% purity, but rather bioavailability. OL has discontinued regular ep1c and will be releasing both an oral and transdermal version with a unique delivery system to address the bioavailability issue.

Thus far we have kept the alpha testers logs private but will be releasing the logs here within a week or so for you and others to read. Meanwhile I would grab ep1c if you could find it at one of the sponsored retailers.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've used both OL Ep1c and BLR Follidrone. They cost the same, and they were both just as effective. Buy whatever one is cheaper or whatever brand you'd like to support. They're both good quality stuff...you can't lose.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The problem with epi was not purity as most extracts range between 90-98% purity, but rather bioavailability. OL has discontinued regular ep1c and will be releasing both an oral and transdermal version with a unique delivery system to address the bioavailability issue.

Thus far we have kept the alpha testers logs private but will be releasing the logs here within a week or so for you and others to read. Meanwhile I would grab ep1c if you could find it at one of the sponsored retailers.
Wow this is dope... I figured a td epic was gunna be one of the new products

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Get the Follidrex, at least you'll be getting a free T-shirt!
Hahaha. That *was* a funny quip :)

But seriously, is there any reason to think MDX (is this an NP house brand?) is using crap -(-)Epi?

If not, then the amounts are the differentiators. So then we have to look at the studies, to see if more is better *as far as follistatin increase* goes.

So far, we have the original 75mg 2x/Day dosing showing a follistatin increase. Then we have a more recent one showing blood plasma levels based on dosage, where 200mg total was the highest (~6 hrs) (and 50mg total was a waste). But this didn't measure follistatin IIRC.

Are there any others that measured actual follistatin increases with more than 150mg/Day?

This compound definitely *looks* like a 'More Is Better' candidate, I'll admit, but until it's shown, I don't know If I can justify more than 150mg/Day.

P.S. There was a study on the bioavailability of Green tea, which showed that, in order, taking it with: Lemon, Orange, Lime, and Grapefruit juice increased uptake.

Purdue, 2007

Adding citrus juice to plain green tea was also beneficial. The study found that lemon juice caused a roughly four-fold boost in the recovered levels of catechins; in order, the next most effective juice additions were orange, lime and grapefruit. And one should not be stingy with the juice - while adding 10 percent juice was helpful, the best catechin preservation happened at levels of 20 to 50 percent juice. This suggests that while adding a squeeze of lemon to tea is an excellent idea, it also makes sense to think in terms of 20 to 50 percent blends using orange and grapefruit juices.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hahaha. That *was* a funny quip :)

But seriously, is there any reason to think MDX (is this an NP house brand?) is using crap -(-)Epi?

If not, then the amounts are the differentiators. So then we have to look at the studies, to see if more is better *as far as follistatin increase* goes.

So far, we have the original 75mg 2x/Day dosing showing a follistatin increase. Then we have a more recent one showing blood plasma levels based on dosage, where 200mg total was the highest (~6 hrs) (and 50mg total was a waste). But this didn't measure follistatin IIRC.

Are there any others that measured actual follistatin increases with more than 150mg/Day?

This compound definitely *looks* like a 'More Is Better' candidate, I'll admit, but until it's shown, I don't know If I can justify more than 150mg/Day.
When you do the math, Follidrex basically costs the same as Follidrone/Ep1c because 2 caps of Follidrex = 1 cap of Ep1c/Follidrone. You can half dose Ep1c/Follidrone if you don't want to use "too much" epicatechin

frankz2

frankz2

Awards

I guess if the boss thinks it's OK to spill the beans... When the logs are made available it will be seen that this is an entirely different beast compared to the original Ep1c. Seriously outperforming expectations.

rosemont83

rosemont83

Awards
Follidrone for sure.
It's a prop blend only to avoid copycats of the exact amount no sneaky stuff. It works. And it works well.
Not only that, but I'd like to support the guy (brundel) that was the first to bring -(-) epi to us, even though there was a bunch of hating on the ingredient at first before release.. now everyone's got it.. even nutraplanet lol.
Follidrone was first though and I'm going to always remember black lion research.
Give him $$ so he can keep making new stuff for us!

Bigd54

Awards

Need any more testers? lol Ive used some EPI products in the past and it would be nice to try something a little different and access the results

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SNS reps love epicatechin. They're so interested in tearing down other companies' products that have been proven to be effective that they barely spend time promoting their own.

rosemont83

rosemont83

Awards
SNS reps love epicatechin. They're so interested in tearing down other companies' products that have been proven to be effective that they barely spend time promoting their own.
Until sns starts selling epicatechin.. then there will be a bunch of deleted posts as always LOL

gnbbc

gnbbc

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tried both Folidrone and Ep1c , 2 months on Folidrone then break for a month and then 2 months on Ep1c.
Responded better on Folidrone , and I trust BLR more than any company out there

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I believe in evidence based research and science. BLR is the ONLY one that has provided proof that their EPI works...FOLLIDRONE!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I believe in evidence based research and science. BLR is the ONLY one that has provided proof that their EPI works...FOLLIDRONE!
Um. What do we call "proof"

And if there was proof, it would then apply to every epi product

Nthing against Folli just this post isnt stating anything