Is it okay to detox right after cycling my ABE and DS?

S

STEELCITY

Awards
I bought the "Raw Alkalizer/Detoxifier" about 2 months ago. I used it a few times and I stopped it once I started taking ABE and Dermastrength. I just wasn't sure if it would've interfered or not.

Either way, I should be finishing up my DS in the next 7-10 days and I was wondering if it is okay to detox now?

Side note: Raw Detox tastes like a$$ but it does work. You can notice it if you go out for a drink. You'll see that your first drink will give you a buzz. You might even get a headache from shocking your body. Just sayin'. :alcoholic:

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not familiar with that product specifically but in general, products advertised as detox products are typically pseudoscience homeopathic nonsense.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I bought the "Raw Alkalizer/Detoxifier" about 2 months ago. I used it a few times and I stopped it once I started taking ABE and Dermastrength. I just wasn't sure if it would've interfered or not.

Either way, I should be finishing up my DS in the next 7-10 days and I was wondering if it is okay to detox now?

Side note: Raw Detox tastes like a$$ but it does work. You can notice it if you go out for a drink. You'll see that your first drink will give you a buzz. You might even get a headache from shocking your body. Just sayin'. :alcoholic:
Is there a reason why you don't want to just wait the 7-10 days before starting? I don't see that there will be any issue, but would suggest waiting until after you're done with your current stack.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
Try water and micronutrient rich foods.

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
I've never done a detox but I have heard the detox supps and drinks are pretty bogus. Idk. I know that juicing for a week will detox you pretty good

S

STEELCITY

Awards
Is there a reason why you don't want to just wait the 7-10 days before starting? I don't see that there will be any issue, but would suggest waiting until after you're done with your current stack.
That's what I meant to say. When I am done in 10 days.
I've never done a detox but I have heard the detox supps and drinks are pretty bogus. Idk. I know that juicing for a week will detox you pretty good
It's similar to juicing. (just doesn't taste as good as juicing)

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not familiar with that product specifically but in general, products advertised as detox products are typically pseudoscience homeopathic nonsense.
Detoxing is more of a lifestyle not a 2 week program.

N

Nyrin

Awards
There are a few very specific things that help to "detox" (activated charcoal for some ingested poisons, spirulina mitigating heavy metal toxicity, etc.), 99% of the use of the word is entirely bogus. Words like "detox," "cleanse," and the vague "toxin" should immediately raise a very strong bull**** alarm that requires strong, well-explained science to assuage. Unsurprisingly, most everything legitimate avoids these words as it's known they're tied up in mystical thinking now.

Anything related to juicing is almost certainly bogus. Whole fruits are always going to be better, and even then fruit isn't magical.

The whole "pH diet" and related acidity/alkalinity trains of thought are similarly hogwash. If the body weren't already exceeding good at regulating its own acidity, we'd die quite quickly. Same if we couldn't "detox" ourselves.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There are a few very specific things that help to "detox" (activated charcoal for some ingested poisons, spirulina mitigating heavy metal toxicity, etc.), 99% of the use of the word is entirely bogus. Words like "detox," "cleanse," and the vague "toxin" should immediately raise a very strong bull**** alarm that requires strong, well-explained science to assuage. Unsurprisingly, most everything legitimate avoids these words as it's known they're tied up in mystical thinking now.

Anything related to juicing is almost certainly bogus. Whole fruits are always going to be better, and even then fruit isn't magical.

The whole "pH diet" and related acidity/alkalinity trains of thought are similarly hogwash. If the body weren't already exceeding good at regulating its own acidity, we'd die quite quickly. Same if we couldn't "detox" ourselves.
^^^ "Detoxing" is a waste of your time and money; it won't matter when you do it.

S

STEELCITY

Awards
I doubt it's BS. If you have your drinks, whether it's beer, wine or hard liquor. You'll notice the difference after drinking this crap for a few days. That first beer will hit you, as opposed to that 4th.

sinewave3

sinewave3

Awards
  • Established
OP personally I would wait to detox.

If it is that good of a detox it could possibly affect your other supps. If it is dried fruit veggie juice I consider that a support supp anyway.

Best detox I ever had was psyllium and bentonite shakes. Cheap and I know they work because I saw some of the weird stuff that i crapped out!

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I doubt it's BS. If you have your drinks, whether it's beer, wine or hard liquor. You'll notice the difference after drinking this crap for a few days. That first beer will hit you, as opposed to that 4th.
There is not a single medical study showing this is warranted.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are underestimating the power of placebo and your ability to perceive phenomenon as existing when none actually does.

You already have a way to "detox", it is called your liver

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
You are underestimating the power of placebo and your ability to perceive phenomenon as existing when none actually does.

You don't seem to get it. What detox's all those toxins your liver is drawing out??

Magical smoothies, bro. That's what.

S

STEELCITY

Awards
OP personally I would wait to detox.

If it is that good of a detox it could possibly affect your other supps. If it is dried fruit veggie juice I consider that a support supp anyway.

Best detox I ever had was psyllium and bentonite shakes. Cheap and I know they work because I saw some of the weird stuff that i crapped out!
I have heard psyllium works well.
There is not a single medical study showing this is warranted.
So many medical studies are BS to me anyway. I don't believe in "sleep-apnea" for example. If you sleep and crack that window open, you won't need oxygen tanks to sleep with. You're going to have a medical study that agrees and a year later you're going to have one that disagrees. The only person that can see if it works or not is you.

I never underestimate the power of placebo. I think a lot of glucosamine is placebo. I can say I've take over 10 different brand name glucosamine's. Some worked good, some okay and other nothing at all. The last 2 years I've been taking one name brand because it works great! It's made by Irwin Naturals (and I take half the dosage). But again, I tried it and tested it for myself. I also take some milk thistle for my livvy :silly:

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So many medical studies are BS to me anyway. I don't believe in "sleep-apnea" for example. If you sleep and crack that window open, you won't need oxygen tanks to sleep with. You're going to have a medical study that agrees and a year later you're going to have one that disagrees. The only person that can see if it works or not is you.
Do you not believe that sleep apnea exists at all or are you saying that you think some people claim to have it and don't?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You have a very common fundemental misunderstanding of what science is. I have written some about this on this site. Think I may wrote another thread addessing this misunderstanding specifically next.

Ultimately, science is the tool we used to figure things out. Yes it changes and yes it gets things wrong.. but this is not a bad thing. This is actually great! It is one of the major strengths of the tool.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

I never underestimate the power of placebo. I think a lot of glucosamine is placebo. I can say I've take over 10 different brand name glucosamine's. Some worked good, some okay and other nothing at all. The last 2 years I've been taking one name brand because it works great! It's made by Irwin Naturals (and I take half the dosage). But again, I tried it and tested it for myself. I also take some milk thistle for my livvy :silly:
Sleep apnea is BS? Based on what? Not believing in something does not mean it does not exist - it simply means that you do not yet fully understand the process by which sleep apnea is formed or for what purpose the breathing machine has it alleviating it. For many people, shallow/ paused or disturbed breathing keeps them awake as a build up of Co2 in the blood forces the body to wake up so that the person can manually draw in air. Having a window open will not fix this issue.

Oxygen is not the same as opening a window. Ever seen a person almost drown, be administered oxygen after becoming unconcious and being able to breathe afterward? Why is it that they didnt just let the air around them do its job? Why do hospitals administer oxygen if all they have to do is open a window?

If you have ever sought a Drs. Advice, or taken pharmaceutical drugs (paracetamol etc), followed progressive overload, trained in a specific rep range for a goal, then you have followed an outcome of a study.

In saying that, not understanding scientific process or its application does not render it void. Think of a study as a piece of a puzzle; in soft sciences, the environment in which the intervention is placed can vastly affect the way it behaves. So even though the outcome is said to be, for example "eating fat causes heart disease" it fails to take into account the plethora of variables which also influence the outcome (what was the rest of their diet, how active were they, what ia there family history etc). Most people do not actually read a study from start to finish and just take note of a one sentence conclusion which may not accurately sum up what the study actually found. So when another one sentence conclusion states the opposite, they think it renders scientific protocol void. It doesnt. Read the whole study to understand the process and its limitations and to what population it actually affects.

I do not blame you at all for mistrusting science, there is a lot of data out there that has been tampered with so that results fit a certain, preconceived trend (see: the lipid hypothesis) or reviews which only select studies (or majority of studies) which fit a certain criteria. This is why observing the data as a whole is very important as opposed to taking one study as law.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Sleep apnea is BS? Based on what? Not believing in something does not mean it does not exist - it simply means that you do not yet fully understand the process by which sleep apnea is formed or for what purpose the breathing machine has it alleviating it. For many people, shallow/ paused or disturbed breathing keeps them awake as a build up of Co2 in the blood forces the body to wake up so that the person can manually draw in air. Having a window open will not fix this issue.

Oxygen is not the same as opening a window. Ever seen a person almost drown, be administered oxygen after becoming unconcious and being able to breathe afterward? Why is it that they didnt just let the air around them do its job? Why do hospitals administer oxygen if all they have to do is open a window?

If you have ever sought a Drs. Advice, or taken pharmaceutical drugs (paracetamol etc), followed progressive overload, trained in a specific rep range for a goal, then you have followed an outcome of a study.

In saying that, not understanding scientific process or its application does not render it void. Think of a study as a piece of a puzzle; in soft sciences, the environment in which the intervention is placed can vastly affect the way it behaves. So even though the outcome is said to be, for example "eating fat causes heart disease" it fails to take into account the plethora of variables which also influence the outcome (what was the rest of their diet, how active were they, what ia there family history etc). Most people do not actually read a study from start to finish and just take note of a one sentence conclusion which may not accurately sum up what the study actually found. So when another one sentence conclusion states the opposite, they think it renders scientific protocol void. It doesnt. Read the whole study to understand the process and its limitations and to what population it actually affects.

I do not blame you at all for mistrusting science, there is a lot of data out there that has been tampered with so that results fit a certain, preconceived trend (see: the lipid hypothesis) or reviews which only select studies (or majority of studies) which fit a certain criteria. This is why observing the data as a whole is very important as opposed to taking one study as law.
Thanks for posting this jiigzz because I was just about to write something very similar. Mine would have note been as detailed though ; )

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for posting this jiigzz because I was just about to write something very similar. Mine would have note been as detailed though ; )
:D

I was having this discussion with a few lecturers just this morning so it seemed fitting.

A lot of mistrust is also built on everyone not believing something until a study comes out on it which in itself is damaging. Its good people look for proof, but things exist regardless of whether we can explain them or if people read an abstract and then act like a professional.

I was definitely like that once but quickly learned that reading an abstract is not tue same as understanding

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OP you are a certified idiot.

Enjoy wasting your money on detox products and other pseudoscience nonsense. You are a supplement companies wet dream.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I was just about to say this.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I can assure you that sleep apnea exists. Having had severe obstructive sleep apnea for years before I lost over 100 lbs., I can assure you that I ceased to breathe many times at night. My father has it as well.

Placebo is also very real, so I agree with you there.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I can assure you that sleep apnea exists. Having had severe obstructive sleep apnea for years before I lost over 100 lbs., I can assure you that I ceased to breathe many times at night. My father has it as well.

Placebo is also very real, so I agree with you there.
Glad you were able to find a way to overcome the sleep apnea. I simply don't understand the reasoning behind the statements that some people make on here.

X

xhrr

Awards
Glad you were able to find a way to overcome the sleep apnea. I simply don't understand the reasoning behind the statements that some people make on here.
Overcome what? Sleep apnea doesn't exist bro

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Before we all gang up on the OP, realize his mistake is one LOTS of people have made and still do make.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hoping OP is a woman buying into this whole "detox" thing...

X

xhrr

Awards
I love detoxing. It's how I met my gf. She brought up detoxing and how she felt terrible and sluggish opening the door for me to make fun of her. We hit it off from then on. She doesn't detox anymore.

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Mind = blown. Why don't you tell people who are literally crippled by sleep apnea to just open their window and cure it. Seriously, board members here including Danes have the disease. It dominates their lifestyle, and to minimize it is incredibly insensitive

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Mind = blown. Why don't you tell people who are literally crippled by sleep apnea to just open their window and cure it. Seriously, board members here including Danes have the disease. It dominates their lifestyle, and to minimize it is incredibly insensitive
Very well said. I just did a bunch of work with a pharma company concerning risk of opioid overdose for patients with sleep apnea as a comorbidity. Would have saved me a lot of time and them a lot of money to just sell a crack open your window campaign.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Very well said. I just did a bunch of work with a pharma company concerning risk of opioid overdose for patients with sleep apnea as a comorbidity. Would have saved me a lot of time and them a lot of money to just sell a crack open your window campaign.
Better yet, sell them the hammer to do a "Crack it yourself" campaign.